Page 612 of 613 FirstFirst ... 112512562602608609610611612613 LastLast
Results 9,166 to 9,180 of 9190
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yup. He went out of his way to make Ororo less than. This is an example of limiting her telepathic immunity she gained which he also went after her powers with that dumb snow storm story in anartica.

I question any Storm fan using his writing as examples. But thats just me.
    to be fair, ALL the writers on the X-Books forget about telepathic immunity and psi-blocks that various X-Men are supposed to have.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    to be fair, ALL the writers on the X-Books forget about telepathic immunity and psi-blocks that various X-Men are supposed to have.
    For the most part, but in thi case all he did was try to subtract from Storm in my honest opinion. There was nothing plot worthy to be pulled from those instances other than what felt like the time to me as a reader as "Let me put ororo in her place" Same problem i had with Jason aaron but when they write white females and men it feels like "There is no limit, more more more."

And in Storm's case it's a little hard to forget imo when her mind is full of electrical waves and we have even seen story after story of telepaths mentioning how hard it is to read or assert control over her mind. Heck she took out the Shadow King.

That's not even touching on all the times charles has been dead or off the map as well, so even if he sent an initial suggestion ororo never came back to her senses during one of those times or when she was off world. I mean really.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-30-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    "Make More Mutants!"

I was just thinking about that. It's been a couple of months...maybe a year now and no babies have been seen on the Island.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think she has grown beyond this as seen in the ugh... space feat from coates. Being one of the first times she was off earth she experienced her power in a different way and didn't know she would have to adjust when she returned to the planet, she is fully aware of what happens now and imo will be prepared. Just think how many dimensions she was in in Sword of X with no problem.
    hmmm perhaps. I didn't think she was away from the earth for any long period for that to disrupt her communion with the planet but maybe this will be the case when she goes to space next year. honestly I don't think many writers even remember this tidbit about her powers, that is her spiritual/deep connection to the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She did not deceive anyone. She was strait-forward in what she wanted. She did not wait him because the lives of everyone ok Earth was at stake.

There was no reason why they shouldn’t have just let her take the sword period and if Wakanda is not a patriarchy why didn’t Ramonda feel comfortable in giving her the sword herself? Why did Ramonda need to defer to T’Challa or wait days for his return, meanwhile Genesis/Annihilation would have invaded Earth.
    she lied to shuri and the queen mother about her intentions she deceived them into thinking she would wait for tchalla when she had zero plans to do so.

sovereign nations have laws in place for a reason. when the f4 thought the xmen had Franklin and they entered their lands without permission the krakoans attacked them. regardless of the reason ororo had she was wrong and the means didn't justify the means because tchalla showed up and was willing to allow her to take the sword. she just looked stupid. and she had to defer to him because he wears the bp mantle and due to their protocols within their country that was what she had to do. if shuri was wearing the mantle of bp she could have allowed storm the sword as well. but is it stupid the events that transpired in that issue? absolutely. down to her wearing white and then wearing black. but again that's more a reflection of the writer.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-30-2020 at 03:44 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I was just thinking about that. It's been a couple of months...maybe a year now and no babies have been seen on the Island.
    There's Shugo, Jubilee son.
    And is he even a mutant?

There's Shugo, Jubilee son.
    And is he even a mutant?
    I meant new babies born on the island. You would think with all those adult mutants running around, you would see a boom in the baby department. Hell, Maddox should have a football team by now. LOL

As far as I know Shungo is not a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm was finally shown as an assertive woman who will do what needs to be done. We have not seen her like this for ages in the X-books.

It’s worth discussing again and again!
    Your are not lying. Now if she could pull this stunt on the rest of the Xmen and greater MU.

I meant new babies born on the island. You would think with all those adult mutants running around, you would see a boom in the baby department. Hell, Maddox should have a football team by now. LOL

Krakoa hasnt existed for that long. In HOX, it had only been around for a month. Maybe 2-3 months has passed since. Not long enough for a regular gestation period to have occurred and so far no pregnancies have been confirmed

Is it weird I want Magento to pop out another one.
    Also Wolfsbane, doesn't she have a child also?
    I wouldn't mind seeing Angel, Colossus, Dazzler&Longshot too, popping out some xbabies.
    The fact that Angel hasn't popped one out is a shocker to me.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 12-30-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Krakoa hasnt existed for that long. In HOX, it had only been around for a month. Maybe 2-3 months has passed since. Not long enough for a regular gestation period to have occurred and so far no pregnancies have been confirmed
    I feel like it's been at least a year since Krakoa became the home of all mutants.

Is it weird I want Magento to pop out another one.
    Also Wolfsbane, doesn't she have a child also?
    I wouldn't mind seeing Angel, Colossus, Dazzler&Longshot too.
    Colossus having a kid (that he knows about) would be cool

I feel like it's been at least a year since Krakoa became the home of all mutants.
    The thing has been around for a little over a year in real time but no way did everything in Hickman's era occur over the course of one year in the comics. Really not that much happened. Its been a couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The thing has been around for a little over a year in real time but no way did everything in Hickman's era occur over the course of one year in the comics. Really not that much happened. Its been a couple of months
    They are shown planting Krakoa flowers all over the world and beyond for 6 months in HOX. It's been at least 9-12 months since Xavier and Cypher first started; at least 3 months since they've 'gone public'. But such time passages are easily airbrushed over in the grand scheme of things.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    They are shown planting Krakoa flowers all over the world and beyond for 6 months in HOX. It's been at least 9-12 months since Xavier and Cypher first started; at least 3 months since they've 'gone public'. But such time passages are easily airbrushed over in the grand scheme of things.
    This sounds about right to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    HOX showed seeds being planted over the course of 5 months. I just checked and I will correct myself in stating that Krakoa had been established for 2 months by that first issue. Xavier and Cypher were stated to start working together months ago (The issue doesnt say anything about it being 9-12 months ago). It wouldnt have made sense to be that long bc HOX is supposed to be 6 months after the end of Uncanny X-men from what I recall from interviews

I get 9-12 months because Cypher said that it would take almost a year to make the mutant language.

A full three months passes between sending Synch et al into the Vault and the end of issue #5. 9-12 months from day one to current seems absolutely the lowest it could be.

Last edited by yogaflame; 12-30-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!