Page 196 of 375 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 5625

Sure, this is not the first time we are doing this and we know that Clark will be fine in the end despite him supposedly dying in two different series that are being published at the same time and focus on entirely different things. On paper I should be shocked that entire JL will get wiped out, but I'm just indifferent. It starts to get tiring.

Big problem is that Williamson is doing very similar plot beats as Scott Snyder. The entire Multiverse is at risk! Darkseid is involved but there’s an even bigger big bad! The JL loses the war and that leads into an event! Also Diana literally just “died” and is now “dying” again. It’s too much of the same too soon. I get that DC is likely being forced to focus on the Multiverse by WB as part of their pathetic attempt at justifying their direction for the DCEU, but it’s still just not an engaging or exciting plot. PKJ is probably going to completely ignore it however so meh, I just don’t see the point in getting worked up about it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm not sure if WB is forcing them to use multiverse, but I think that the push to get 5G characters into the spotlight is still going. With 5G being "averted" old guard can't... get old so I guess next best thing is that they all get taken out so that the new guys can establish themselves. And who else could take out old guys if not some multiveral threat.

I'm starting to wonder if Didio just doing 5G relaunch wouldn't have been better than this half baked mess we are in currently.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Big problem is that Williamson is doing very similar plot beats as Scott Snyder. The entire Multiverse is at risk! Darkseid is involved but there’s an even bigger big bad! The JL loses the war and that leads into an event! Also Diana literally just “died” and is now “dying” again. It’s too much of the same too soon. I get that DC is likely being forced to focus on the Multiverse by WB as part of their pathetic attempt at justifying their direction for the DCEU, but it’s still just not an engaging or exciting plot. PKJ is probably going to completely ignore it however so meh, I just don’t see the point in getting worked up about it.

Well from what I've read so far. Apparently one member of the Justice League survives and tells the world what happened .
    Who better than Clark/Superman to be the one that survives, since it's the 30th anniversary of Death of Superman.
    Well just hoping that he's the one.
    But this is definitely a cash grab on DC's part .
    We really don't need this. Are they creatively bankrupt ? It's what it seems.
    I would much rather that they disband the Justice League personally.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah, this is certainly not very high on the creativity scale. Reminds me of the self deprecating Simpson's episode (well, one of them anyway, heh) where they asked themselves how they stay fresh and funny after all this time: "wedding after wedding after wedding after wedding..."

7d2ab28c331854100e32e996952801b1.jpg

For the present day DC, it'd be "crisis after death after crisis after death after crisis after death..."

As for the JL, personally I like it better when it's B and C listers sans the Trinity. They can occasionally show up, but they're out doing their own things for the most part.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 01-20-2022 at 07:43 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'd actually be much more comfortable with the idea of legit retiring the classics, have their new legacies takeover, then start a new Earth for the others. I know I've beaten this horse more times than I've flogged the one of me complaining about Infinite Frontier, but goddamn if it doesn't make all the sense in the world and make things insanely easier. You can push your new characters if you believe in them that much, without the shadow this non-sensical sharing of mantles, then there's a place for the familiar. Its not even saying you have to keep the JL dead; you can still bring them back and have them exist in the "futureworld" too, just retire them afterwards. Why can't one line be more for promoting your DCEU and other media materials, while another is just straight up? There's already tons of titles that don't sell anyway, its not like you're losing a lot of value cutting out the bottom feeders so the title count doesn't get overwhelming.

But, as always I just dream a dream. I'm not a businessman, I don't get the business end of it, so I'm missing a chunk of knowledge to the reality of the situation, I can acknowledge that. But creatively I stand by it makes a staggering amount of sense.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I don't even think Superman will be in JL #75 to be affected by it. He doesn't appear anymore among the JL team in Bendis' JL vs Legion, and I don't expect him to be either in Bendis' last arc on the main JL series (#72/#74) before the Death of the JL will happen.

As far as Superman is concerned, he is already "dead" on Warworld.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't even think Superman will be in JL #75 to be affected by it. He doesn't appear anymore among the JL team in Bendis' JL vs Legion, and I don't expect him to be either in Bendis' last arc on the main JL series (#72/#74) before the Death of the JL will happen.

Actually I am hoping that Clark/Superman is not affected at all by this creative bankruptcy .
    After all it's the 30th anniversary of Death of Superman , why kill him again ?
    Just doesn't make sense , just for shock for those that weren't around 30 years ago.
    Interesting how I haven't seen DC's newest solicits ....

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

The press release specifically names him and he’s on the cover. Might be a fake out but I expect Clark to be in this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Actually I am hoping that Clark/Superman is not affected at all by this creative bankruptcy .
    After all it's the 30th anniversary of Death of Superman , why kill him again ?
    Just doesn't make sense , just for shock for those that weren't around 30 years ago.
    Interesting how I haven't seen DC's newest solicits ....
    I don't think he'll die. I mean, except for Mongul killing him multiple times over AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The press release specifically names him and he’s on the cover. Might be a fake out but I expect Clark to be in this.
    As comic reader, I'm used to not take covers seriously, lol.

Btw, I don't think characters on the covers like John Stewart or Clark will be in this. John isn't in the JL from years, and Clark is gone in space from months. The way it was presented by Williamson it'll affect the DCU moving forward and isn't just a self contained story.

ACTION COMICS #1042

Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
    Art and cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI
    Backup art by ADRIANA MELO
    Backup written by SHAWN ALDRIDGE
    Variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | $5.99 US Variant (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/26/22
    The origins of Mongul, his mysterious champions, and Midnighter’s underground rebellion stand revealed! When another of Superman’s truest allies is killed, will the tragic loss end the rebellion before it begins? Or will it be the spark that finally unites Superman’s forces against the unstoppable Mongul? The Warworld Revolution begins! Also featuring the finale to the epic Martian Manhunter backup series!

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1039 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Riccardo Federici
    Backup Writer: Shawn Aldridge
    Backup Artist: Adriana Melo

Incredible Member

"The origins of Mongul, his mysterious champions" So, Mongul and his champions are more connected than I thought. It's not just Teacher.

"and Midnighter’s underground rebellion stand revealed!" Good to see that we continue with the idea of valid alternatives to Clark's approach.

"When another of Superman’s truest allies is killed" Another one?

"will the tragic loss end the rebellion before it begins? Or will it be the spark that finally unites Superman’s forces against the unstoppable Mongul? The Warworld Revolution begins!" Well, not much of a question if it is immediately answered. I don't think the death of an outsider like, say, Natasha would spark the people of Warworld into revolution, so it must be a Phaelosian or a Warzoon. Will it be the Warzoon that Clark spared in the last issue, since he had a reputation and thus his death would have some meaning to the people of Warworld? Will it be one of the Phaelosian kids, because children are precious and must be protected and all that? Will it be someone else?

"Also featuring the finale to the epic Martian Manhunter backup series!" Mongul back-up starting on May, then.

Federeci's cover looks badass, Clark with two hammers leaping to fight three abominations at the same time just fits. Tedesco's is a lot more standard Superman imagery.
    Last edited by Quinlan58; 01-21-2022 at 01:40 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Action Comics #1039 Preview
    Writer: Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Artist: Riccardo Federici
    Backup Writer: Shawn Aldridge
    Backup Artist: Adriana Melo

Beautiful, magnificent, epic. Narration is really selling this as PKJ's big statement on who he feels Clark is, and it's very simple, but very effective.

This is going to be so good.

So, it looks like Action Comics will just ignore whatever is going on in JL and keep it going. Good.

Action Comics is the only comic I'm buying, everything else I keep tabs in here or in instagram, it would be a shame to drop AC.