Astonishing Member

Default How tough is a composite Jet Li?

Stacking some characters:

The Mummy
    The Monkey King - with just the feats from that movie with Jackie Chan, not the generic Monkey King
    The Alternate Universe Cop who added the strength of his alternates
    The Monk in White Snake - if you haven't watched it, he is a brute. Martial arts, strong telekinesis, lifts a big stone building, agile, that Asian movie leaping - kind of flying leaps, spells.

Are there more to stack and how tough does he end up being?

Certainly a threat to the lower level heroes.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Is this actually a STACKED composite? O_o Yeesh. If he's stacked, he murders the crap out of all kinds of superheroes, only really getting taken out by the big guns.

Even a non-stacked composite should do decently.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The Alternate Universe Cop who added the strength of his alternates
    His name is Yulaw and he's nobody's bitch.

Are there more to stack and how tough does he end up being?

Certainly a threat to the lower level heroes.
    He gets pressure point death martial arts from Kiss of the Dragon and a bunch of wuxia stuff from Tai Chi Master, Hero and Once Upon A Time In China.

His speed as Nameless in Hero is pretty ridiculous, especially when stacked on top of Yulaw's pretty high end bullet time.

As Sharp says, given his sheer speed and strength, you'd need a pretty serious opponent to take him out. Like, you could throw all versions of Spider-Man at him and he'd beat them pretty free.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Also yeah, this The Sorcerer and the White Snake movie:

Definitely messing up a lot of people real bad with this level of telekinesis.

But he dives to the side at the first sign of a bullet to allow innocent brothers to get shot. Lethal Weapon 4.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

He can also make duplicates of himself, fly and travel through time because of the Monkey King.

Astonishing Member

Since I specified the movie for the Monkey King, IIRC, he did not travel in time or show Superman like flying skills. He did make duplicates

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Since I specified the movie for the Monkey King, IIRC, he did not travel in time or show Superman like flying skills. He did make duplicates
    He didn't, but his staff did and took the boy with him back to medival China. And the staff should be standard equipment. The flying scene is short and could be argued that it was a super jump.

Astonishing Member

That's true. I was commenting on him traveling through time which the post seemed to imply. No problem.

I really don't know what that staff ability will do you in a fight? The staff did block spells and objects besides giving one a good whopping. It didn't show the size changing powers. A stacked Monkey King from the various movies outside of the one in question would be another brute to deal with but that's why I didn't allow that, so to speak.

The duplicate ability is interesting as it can make more of you directly or one that looks like a normal person but with pretty good martial arts abilities.

As mentioned above, Nameless from Hero, Junbao from Tai Chi Master and both Yulaws from The One already stack things pretty heavily, I've personally struggled to find much more.

...well, anyone else remember Romeo Must Die?

The dodgey wire-fu in this movie may work to his advantage, as he can sorta stop in the middle of the air whenever he wants when he executes an aerial maneuver. He also has that neat x-ray attack I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    But he dives to the side at the first sign of a bullet to allow innocent brothers to get shot. Lethal Weapon 4.
    Those guys, including his brother, were the heads of the Triads brought into custody. I wouldn't exactly call them innocent.