Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Fox to Seek Deal with Marvel on X-Men

https://www.yahoo.com/news/x-men-mov...180502331.html

So the rumor is Fox wants IN with Disney/Marvel. Just like Sony worked out a deal with Disney, now Fox wants to do the same thing.

This would be an excellent idea. At the end of X-Men Apocalypse, a cool new team of X-Men have formed. They just need a new DIRECTOR (perhaps a new screenwriter as well), and better marketing, but an affiliation with Marvel could help with that all.

But really I think both companies though they didn't actively talk about it, left the door open for something like this.

In DOFP, we met Quicksilver and his little sister (possibly Lorna Dane). Wanda was alluded to be not shown. In Avengers two Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch were introduced, but Quicksilver was killed off. And the twins parents were never shown. Both studios left things open to rework things to unite Magneto's family, if the rights were worked out . And in the comics the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were implied not to be Magneto's children, but this was never proven.

I do think Fox is giving serious consideration to working out something with Marvel, as a boost to the Fox cinematic universe. I think in the not too distant future we'll see mutants in the MCU, when Fox and Marvel work out their sharing deal.

I would really appreciate some way to bring the Fox X-Men to MCU, instead of a reboot that would restart everything from zero. But I doubt it would actually happen.

We are just getting X-23, plus I enjoyed X-men Apocalypse and the new cast we got so no way do I want a reboot. Unfortunately that leaves an issue of how to work the X-men into the MCU, not to mention the confusion involving Quicksilver.

I suppose they could try for alternate dimensional travel to see how that works out.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It ain't happening.

We hear rumors like this all the time, too early to get excited.

Quote Originally Posted by iacobusleo View Post
    We hear rumors like this all the time, too early to get excited.
    Pretty much this. I would like for it to be true but I really don't expect it to be. At least just yet.

That being said I really don't quite understand comments that question how mutants would get transported into the MCU. Last time I checked there is a character called Scarlet Witch with powers that are still to be explored not to mention a mad titan who is about to assemble one of the most powerful artifacts ever in the Infinity Gauntlet. Looking for a possible explanation and way is really no challenge.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    We are just getting X-23, plus I enjoyed X-men Apocalypse and the new cast we got so no way do I want a reboot. Unfortunately that leaves an issue of how to work the X-men into the MCU, not to mention the confusion involving Quicksilver.

I suppose they could try for alternate dimensional travel to see how that works out.
    What I imagined:
    The mutants actually have counterparts on the MCU. Except that they're normal humans(or not really, like Quicksilver...). With some crazy dimensional travel, they end up going to the MCU, but instead of having two versions of themselves like the O5 on comics, they merge with their human counterparts, and then mutants now exist on the MCU.
    The Pietro thing: We pretend Edward Norton and Mark Ruffalo are the same person. No big deal.

I'd be fine with this. I don't want ANOTHER reboot. The new cast have proven themselves just fine to be carried over from where they left off.

Won't happen. Honestly I have no interest in it happening, I've been saying for a long time now I trust Fox to tell better X-Men stories then Marvel as the last decade of comics clearly shows, (exceptions made for X-Factor & Legion). I just want the two companies to be able to act like adults enough for the Fox movies to get some Merch support and for Marvel to be able to feel less like they are forced to undermine their own creations.

Showing up in a movie together with the Avengers holds 0 appeal for me.

Do not want. Marvel doesn't have the lasting power needed to take on a franchise like this.

They can have the FF though, with my blessing. Set it in the 60s, have links with other prequel-y type bits from around the MCU (SHIELD, Peggy Carter, Starks, Pym etc) and let it be a light-hearted period piece. The MCU was designed without the X-Men, frankly when it ends, it should end without them too.

I really don't see how they could reconciliate an X-team from the past and present day MCU continuity. Deadpool would be easier to include, but the X-men's history would have to be rewritten again. No way the MCU would have known about mutants since the 60s and somehow never mentioned them in any movie.
    I'd actually be fine with another X-men reboot. I like the historical references, but trying to make sense of their continuity is hard.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really don't see how they could reconciliate an X-team from the past and present day MCU continuity. Deadpool would be easier to include, but the X-men's history would have to be rewritten again. No way the MCU would have known about mutants since the 60s and somehow never mentioned them in any movie.
    I'd actually be fine with another X-men reboot. I like the historical references, but trying to make sense of their continuity is hard.
    Not even Deadpool fits in the MCU. That movie also established that mutants were known to the public for many years.

MCU already have mutants. there called inhumans.

Spectacular Member

I really want this to be true. X-Factor and the New X-men would be prefect for Netflix. But there are too many ways that this can go wrong. The MCU has already placed the inhuman's in to the role the x men will fill, adding the X-men will confuse a lot of people if they don't decide to keep the x men in there own universes or re cast most of them, and if marvel dose get the rights back there no guarantee that marvel will use them because they already put a lot work in to establishing the inhuman's. It a amazing idea on paper just getting it to work seems very very difficult.

Fox-Men is 90% suck and the MCU is 90% meh. They deserve each other. Doesn't have to make sense. Don't care.

Where are the good rumors?