Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil's Reign

devilsreign2021001-cov.jpg

honestly Im kinda hype since Chip run in Daredevil been so amazing and its tone is serious so more opportunities for serious spider man. Also maybe this event will cut down the amount of heroes that are in New york. Cause it feels like every big shot is there
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    He's the man in the mantle. I know you have your issues with Ben, but narratively he is Spider-Man and the public in universe doesn't now the difference between him and Peter, that's something even mentioned in the FCBD issue. You wanted to know why Ben would care and would likely be dragged into this, so there it is.
    How does this have anything to do w/ me?
    He has a new suit and is working w/ Beyond.Miles has just a diff. suit and he's also Spider-man.Why would it effect one and not the other?
    And again beyond is league's ahead of Kingpin, how does that work?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    devilsreign2021001-cov.jpg

honestly Im kinda hype since Chip run in Daredevil been so amazing and its tone is serious so more opportunities for serious spider man. Also maybe this event will cut down the amount of heroes that are in New york. Cause it feels like every big shot is there
    Ben isn't the serious one tbf.That's why it worked so well w/ Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    When the promo came out it was listed as "Spider-man(Peter Parker)".Where is this promo art.Even in the FCBD it's Peter.Peter has been a consistent guest star in DD.

If beyond messes this up, f*ck beyond so hard.We rarely get street level events.This one is written by Chip as well.
    https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...021001_cov.jpg

Looks like Beyond Spidey to me. Cover for #1

Yeah, more Ben is always a good thing. Can't wait to see mah boi in action.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/...021001_cov.jpg

Looks like Beyond Spidey to me. Cover for #1
    Yeah, I saw the pic after.
    Gotta say, hype is gone for anything Spidey related.Ben doesn't fit into this situation at all, whereas Peter not only fits into it, but was a big part of the buildup w/ both his ASM Kingpin stuff and him being in DD.DD even brought in Spidey to threaten Kingpin saying when he's in prison Spidey will be there and now Beyond f*cks all that set-up.

Hopefully Chip finds a way to pay it off once Peter is back, giving this role to Ben takes away all the weight it had.

But I am hyped for the DD's.Both Matt and elektra have been chef's kiss in the run, maybe if ASM team knew how to come up w/a concept for once both Peter and Ben fans could have won smh

How does this have anything to do w/ me?
    He has a new suit and is working w/ Beyond.Miles has just a diff. suit and he's also Spider-man.Why would it effect one and not the other?
    And again beyond is league's ahead of Kingpin, how does that work?
    I don't know, maybe it's cause Ben's wearing an extremely similar suit to Peter's maybe it's because he has Peter's exact same build, maybe it's because he has the exact same voice as Peter as well. Why it doesn't affect Miles is because it's already been documented in universe that he's entirely different Spider Man as he and Peter have operated at the same time for years now. Also Beyond is a non factor right now besides supporting Ben, so as it is any stuff that Kingpin is able to dig up on Peter can definitely affect Ben who's basically stepped into the role and the public has no idea he's a different guy entirely.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know, maybe it's cause Ben's wearing an extremely similar suit to Peter's maybe it's because he has Peter's exact same build, maybe it's because he the exact same voice as Peter as well. Why it doesn't affect Miles is because it's already been documented in universe that he's entirely different Spider Man as he and Peter have operated at the same time for years now. Also Beyond is a non factor right now besides supporting Ben, so as it is any stuff that Kingpin is able to dig up on Peter can definitely affect Ben who's basically stepped into the role and the public has no idea he's a different guy entirely.
    1)Suit:-Scarlet Spider suits have been similar.So has Kaine's.Miles isn't all the different, specially when compared to suit's Peter has worn.
    2)Build:-So does Kaine and Scarlet Spider, and most of the male heroes in NYC.
    3)Voice:-Voice is muffled by the mask in canon, that's how no one can tell it's Peter.I doubt that's a factor.
    4)Diff. in universe:-Ben is working w/ the Beyond Corp.Peter never has.Moreover we have sooo. many Spiders now, I doubt people would assume it's Peter.
    5)How so?They are helping victims, paying for stuff destroyed in fights and Ben says beyond is backing him up and doing things the right legal way.If Kingpin posses any threat to Ben then they should take them out and can w/ ease.Or atleast make sure Ben isn't taking fire for this.
    Also Ben has a different personality and Sable even says that he is much more carefree than Spider-man.If she can tell that from brief interactions, I think people villain, heroes or neutrals could easily tell it's not him.Moreover people w/ science backgrounds which most are/have access to could tell it's not him.Beyond and even a half decent lawyer could prove it's not him w/out revealing his identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    They're from the KiB mini, where Kingpin basically builds his own Suicide Squad as a PR stunt to fight Knull to the citizens of NYC. At the end of the mini they blackmail him into being the first people he calls when he needs a job done.

Lineup is

Taskmaster (leader)
    Batroc
    Star
    Mister Fear
    Mister Hyde
    Grizzly
    Figment
    Man-Bull
    Sentry's dead body

Could always be switched up, but would expect to see at least a few of these in it.
    Star's out. She was captured in Infinite Destinies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

1)Suit:-Scarlet Spider suits have been similar.So has Kaine's.Miles isn't all the different, specially when compared to suit's Peter has worn.
    2)Build:-So does Kaine and Scarlet Spider, and most of the male heroes in NYC.
    3)Voice:-Voice is muffled by the mask in canon, that's how no one can tell it's Peter.I doubt that's a factor.
    4)Diff. in universe:-Ben is working w/ the Beyond Corp.Peter never has.Moreover we have sooo. many Spiders now, I doubt people would assume it's Peter.
    5)How so?They are helping victims, paying for stuff destroyed in fights and Ben says beyond is backing him up and doing things the right legal way.If Kingpin posses any threat to Ben then they should take them out and can w/ ease.Or atleast make sure Ben isn't taking fire for this.
    Also Ben has a different personality and Sable even says that he is much more carefree than Spider-man.If she can tell that from brief interactions, I think people villain, heroes or neutrals could easily tell it's not him.Moreover people w/ science backgrounds which most are/have access to could tell it's not him.Beyond and even a half decent lawyer could prove it's not him w/out revealing his identity.
    The Scarlet Spider suits have always been distinct from Peter's and don't follow his suit pattern at all like the Beyond suit. So has Miles, it's black and red. I'm really not sure what point you're trying to argue there. Miles' skin has also been exposed to cameras so the public knows he's black, it was story point in Bendis run.
    Also Kaine wears a totally different costume and operates in Texas while Peter's Spidry was active so it was known from the get go he's not Peter.
    As for people not thinking it's Peter, I don't recall civilians questioning if Spider-Man was a completely different person when Otto took over, so I'm not sure why they would question Ben. Especially since Peter's Spider-Man would not be operating so the logical assumption would be he changed his suit again just like before.
    Also you're assuming that from a civilians perspective that Spider-Man now working for another organisation would mean that he's an entirely different person when from a logical point of view the public would just think Spider-Man Is working with the help of an organisation now not that he's a completely different dude.
    Also we don't know the lengths of how involved the Beyond Corp will get into Ben's issues, we only got a small taste of it in the FCBD issue, but outright taking out his threats isn't something we know they want to do, so we'll have to wait for his series to find out.
    Also general public doesn't even know Spidey's personality, they just know him as a wise cracking superhero that's always there to help save them, besides that the public doesn't have an in depth perception of him, so again I doubt they'll notice a difference, they'll just think he's put on a new suit and that's that.
    Last edited by GSman; 09-08-2021 at 12:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The Scarlet Spider suits have always been distinct from Peter's and don't follow his suit pattern at all like the Beyond suit. So has Miles, it's black and red. I'm really not sure what point you're trying to argue there. Miles' skin has also been exposed to cameras so the public knows he's black, it was story point in Bendis run.
    Also Kaine wears a totally different costume and operates in Texas while Peter's Spidry was active so it was known from the get go he's not Peter.
    As for people not thinking it's Peter, I don't recall civilians questioning if Spider-Man was a completely different person when Otto took over, so I'm not sure why they would question Ben. Especially since Peter's Spider-Man would not be operating so the logical assumption would be he changed his suit again just like before.
    Also you're assuming that from a civilians perspective that Spider-Man now working for another organisation would mean that he's an entirely different person when from a logical point of view the public would just think Spider-Man Is working with the help of an organisation now not that he's a completely different dude.
    Also we don't know the lengths of how involved the Beyond Corp will get into Ben's issues, we only got a small taste of it in the FCBD issue, but outright taking out his threats isn't something we know they want to do, so we'll have to wait for his series to find out.
    Also general public doesn't even know Spidey's personality, they just know him as a wise cracking superhero that's always there to help save them, besides that the public doesn't have an in depth perception of him, so again I doubt they'll notice a difference, they'll just think he's put on a new suit and that's that.
    For most of what you said, it's not about the public.It's about legal action, as in the police and courts.Beyond can definitely prove it's not Peter, specially w/ stuff like Venom and superior and Kraven, they can argue it.
    And why would Beyond not help Ben if Kingpin poses a legitimate threat, if there's a even a 1% chance they can hurt Ben and by extension them and their plans they will take it as an absolute certanity and take him out.

I don't have anything against Ben as Spider-Man, but this is kind of unfortunate. Just finished latest issue of Daredevil, and I really hoped for more interactions between Matt and Peter.

So, it kinda sucks that we won't get that, and we won't see Peter go against Kingpin...

...but I'm just glad that Ben is back. The original Ben, not Jackal Ben. So I'd probably read this.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

While Zdarsky isn't reinventing the wheel, the current Daredevil run has been incredible fun. I'm really looking forward to this crossover.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I don't have anything against Ben as Spider-Man, but this is kind of unfortunate. Just finished latest issue of Daredevil, and I really hoped for more interactions between Matt and Peter.

So, it kinda sucks that we won't get that, and we won't see Peter go against Kingpin...

...but I'm just glad that Ben is back. The original Ben, not Jackal Ben. So I'd probably read this.
    Spider-man has had multiple arcs in ASM in this run w/Kingpin and his sone came back in it.New Avengers came back in ASM to deal w/Kingpin, Spidey is a constant guest star in current DD run and Matt brought him to Kingpin and Company and told them Spidey would deal w/them when he's in prison.

All that set-up wasted.Ben has no weight in the story, it doesn't matter if it's Ben or Miles or Thor, because there's no build up.Not saying don't use them in these, but they can't replace the weight here.

Also we were going to get Spidey going to meet Matt after his fight w/Kindred but editorial cut it out, it was in ASM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    While Zdarsky isn't reinventing the wheel, the current Daredevil run has been incredible fun. I'm really looking forward to this crossover.
    He has taken most his ideas from other runs but their execution is amazing so it works.