Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't see Normie wanting a Superhero autograph though .
    Not even the fascinating Annie?

The only reason RYV Normie isn't the most ridiculous idea for a recurring villain I've ever seen is because of the existence of Lyrl Dox.

Everything about Normie and his control of OsCorp makes it feel like RYV takes place on another planet, not an alternate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    He just doesn't like Spider-Man.
    I don't think we've ever seen him all that crazy about other heroes.

I think if he hates Spider-Man, for the reasons he hates him, it's probably easy to guess he's not too enthused about other heroes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think we've ever seen him all that crazy about other heroes.

I think if he hates Spider-Man, for the reasons he hates him, it's probably easy to guess he's not too enthused about other heroes as well.
    You might be putting too much thought into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    You might be putting too much thought into this.
    Probably. I doubt the writing did though .

I have forthcoming review of this issue, so I won't go into great detail here. But I agree with most reactions on the board. This issue was bad. Worse, it was dull. And even more worse was Zdarsky's depiction of Spider-Man. I thought the autograph bit from the preview was awful. But when Spidey is going "WHEEE!" while hitching a ride on Ironheart's back? Good grief!
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    This issue was a real slog to get through for me. The overabundance of humor doesn't really work when it all completely falls flat. I'm not kidding when I say I didn't chuckle or even smile once while reading this comic despite jokes being thrown around on every other page. Plus, we are now two issues into this series and I have absolutely zero interest in anything that is going on. The Teressa plot could be interesting, but it's moving far too slowly for me to care. And The Kingpin? I'm not too hyped at the idea of seeing Spider-Man and Teressa take him on again after Family Business. This is quickly shaping up to be a rather bland confrontation.

The art is fine, but certainly not Adam Kubert's best. I don't really have much more to say on the subject.

Overall, I know that this book just launched, but my interest in continuing to read it is depleting rapidly. Not a strong showing of Chip Zdarsky's writing prowess in my opinion.

GRADE: D
    You didn't laugh at the barista's response to Spider-Man saying he saved New York City "Same here, I used to be in the New Warriors"?

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorSuperboy View Post
    I am a little stunned. Did Peter just leave his sister with the Human Torch just to go on a date with someone he just met?
    Why is Peter so desperate to hook up with Rebecca London if over in Amazing he's kissing Mockingbird? Answer...Mockingbird and a Peter romance was doomed from the start and you can't have Peter with one girl for too long! I'm so tired of this endless Peter dating new women trope...how does any fan get invested in these empty romances is beyond me.Marvel...just stop it and bring Mary Jane back already!!!

I haven't read the issue yet, but is the sister the same girl from the Family Business story?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You didn't laugh at the barista's response to Spider-Man saying he saved New York City "Same here, I used to be in the New Warriors"?
    I chuckled .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb52 View Post
    Why is Peter so desperate to hook up with Rebecca London if over in Amazing he's kissing Mockingbird? Answer...Mockingbird and a Peter romance was doomed from the start and you can't have Peter with one girl for too long! I'm so tired of this endless Peter dating new women trope...how does any fan get invested in these empty romances is beyond me.Marvel...just stop it and bring Mary Jane back already!!!
    Mephisto turned Peter into a player! hahahaha

I guess I'm the only one who thought Peter asking Ironheart for an autograph was hilarious.

Personally I enjoyed the issue, thought it was funny how Johnny brought up how unordinary Peter seems to be nowadays. But more importantly it was nice to see a light hearted Spider-Man book in the past 5 years.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who thought Peter asking Ironheart for an autograph was hilarious.

Personally I enjoyed the issue, thought it was funny how Johnny brought up how unordinary Peter seems to be nowadays. But more importantly it was nice to see a light hearted Spider-Man book in the past 5 years.
    Thank you! I also enjoyed this issue. Was really surprised to see all the negative reaction so far and you have the only somewhat positive comment so far. While yes the humor in the book is a little more like deadpool than it is Spidey, I still found it funny and since the book is written by zdarsky I wouldn't expect anything else. To me it seems clear that Spectacular Spider-man is being set up to be the fun Spider-man book that concerns itself less with continuity, while amazing will do the heavy lifting in terms of character growth etc. For a supplementary book this was a great read and as long as we have amazing spider-man around having a book that is just for fun seems like a good idea to me. I get why this might not be for everyone but I am surprised to see people say it was one of the worst spiey books they have read in a while.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Okay, that joke wasn't bad. I guess it was overshadowed by all of the unfunny ones (of which there were many).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Turlast View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet, but is the sister the same girl from the Family Business story?
    Yes she is.