Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How are you liking the Star Wars Age of the Republic one-shot comics so far?

So far we have the Qui Gon, Darth Maul and Obi Won issues. Next week is Jango Fett I think

How are you liking them?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

They are pretty darn skippable if you ask me.

Empty is thy hand!

They're decent but very slight. I don't think we'll get any continuity milestones here; mostly riffing on well established concepts. The Obi-Wan and Anakin miniseries is so far Marvel's best prequel era comic.

To me they feel like a story that could have been stretched out to a 6 issue arc, but has been condensed.

I'm damn glad they chose one shots instead of bloated 6 issue minis, that would have been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm damn glad they chose one shots instead of bloated 6 issue minis, that would have been terrible.
    yes agreed. The Jango Fett issue that came out today is pretty good, I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    yes agreed. The Jango Fett issue that came out today is pretty good, I enjoyed it.
    I quite like the Jango Fett movie variant...

NOV180985_500.jpg

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...movie-variant/

Man i have been loving the AOR 1 Shots by Marvel. I've Read All of Em So Far and Am Patiently waiting on Anakin's as well As Count Douku and General Grievas issues . but i mean reading them got me so amped up about Marvels new Star Wars Stories that i re read Star Wars Obsession 1 to 5 from Dark Horse . and i read Obi Wan and Anikin i think Marvel Put Out ? and Everything That Dark Horse and Marvel Put Out in Recent years on Boba Fett Jango Fett , Darth Maul . and tbh i haven't been this happy or content with Star Wars Comics since Knights of the old Republic was coming out with 42 page comics via Dark Horse back a few years . Marvel is Doing Great Star Wars Stories i only hope to see more like these and like Journals of Old Ben Kenobi.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt-Man View Post
    Man i have been loving the AOR 1 Shots by Marvel. I've Read All of Em So Far and Am Patiently waiting on Anakin's as well As Count Douku and General Grievas issues . but i mean reading them got me so amped up about Marvels new Star Wars Stories that i re read Star Wars Obsession 1 to 5 from Dark Horse . and i read Obi Wan and Anikin i think Marvel Put Out ? and Everything That Dark Horse and Marvel Put Out in Recent years on Boba Fett Jango Fett , Darth Maul . and tbh i haven't been this happy or content with Star Wars Comics since Knights of the old Republic was coming out with 42 page comics via Dark Horse back a few years . Marvel is Doing Great Star Wars Stories i only hope to see more like these and like Journals of Old Ben Kenobi.
    DEC181022_500.jpg

https://allforgeeks.com/variant-cove...ncept-variant/

THe Count Dooku variants have been released, I do like this concept variant although he doesn't look a whole lot like Dooku..!

I'm enjoying them quite a bit but I do wish they were minis since they wrap up quickly. But I really appreciate the focus on these great characters. I really hope we get more minis or maybe an ongoing set during the Clone Wars, I love that era so much. I'm rather tired of the Galactic Empire era now so mixing it up by doing more Clone Wars books would be really nice, at least in my opinion. The Obi-Wan/Anakin mini was really great and I liked the Darth Maul one too. I'd really enjoy a Count Dooku mini or an Aayla Secura one.

Did the Dooku issue even really have a point to it? It didn't give us any real behind the scenes action and it did nothing to enrich the character...so why was it put out?

Dooku I feel always could've had potential for an interesting look into his backstory. Other EU stories often have the Jedi coming from sort of poor families who often want to give their kids a better life (Anakin's a pretty good example here); whereas Dooku's family is apparently royalty.....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Did the Dooku issue even really have a point to it? It didn't give us any real behind the scenes action and it did nothing to enrich the character...so why was it put out?
    I'm asking myself the same thing. It's not poorly written but it really doesn't seem to have anything to say other than what we already know. I personally would've preferred it going into his time with Qui-gon seeing as it barely touched on it. That flashback panel with him sparing with Yoda is pretty fascinating and yet we get nothing.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Empty is thy hand!

There's not a whole lot of Dooku in canon as a Jedi, and even less of his full transition to a Sith, so this "in-between" look at his history is unique.

...I just wish they hadn't dropped the ball with the Qui-Gon reference. The original story is that Qui-Gon's murder was one of the big motivators for why Dooku left the Jedi, not an event that took place after he had already left. Sloppy.

It's not unique though, other than the fact that the conversation here took place with a Tiger jedi it offered us nothing that we didn't already get from the conversation Dooku had with Obi-Wan during Attack of the Clones.