Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I'd love to see a live version of this

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

I'd love to see a live version of this
    Technically you still can, it’ll just be a different man holding the shield.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, that and the actors kinda want to move on with their lives/careers, selfish bastards
    Obviously just recast.

Cap traditionally wears a mask a lot of the time, do that for a bit until people get used to the new actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Iron Man: Something to reconcile the end of Iron Man 3 where Tony gave up being iron Man with his still being in armor in the later movies. A real Mandarin appearance.

Captain America: Something with either Steve as Nomad or with John Walker being appointed as the new Captain America.

Avengers: Cap's Kookie Quartet. Basically a whole movie set after Civil War dealing with Cap's team operating as outlaws but dealing with regular police, the general public, and such rather than Tony's team trying to take them down.
    Wasnt John Cena just cast as John Walker for Falcon and the winter soldier? I mean your point of doing that WITH Steve still holds but they are doing it. I'm guessing Falcon gonna be reluctant in embracing such a big role and doesnt feel worthy. And then Walker is gonna tarnish the title and with Buckys Help Sam will Embrace the role in order to protect Steve's Legacy.

If we're finally going to see the Fantastic Four and their characters in the MCU, it's a REAL shame we won't get to see any interactions between Tony Stark and either Reed Richards or Victor Von Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    If we're finally going to see the Fantastic Four and their characters in the MCU, it's a REAL shame we won't get to see any interactions between Tony Stark and either Reed Richards or Victor Von Doom.
    Yea but we still got Tchalla atleast and hes had the stronger relationship with both imo. Tchalla is one of the few people Doom respects and Reed and Tchalla are super close.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Obviously just recast.

Cap traditionally wears a mask a lot of the time, do that for a bit until people get used to the new actor.
    Evans and RDJ did their jobs too well. At least for the foreseeable future, I don't think we could see someone else as Cap or Iron Man.

Frankly, I think that's a good thing. Let them cycle through characters, and give some damn permanence in the movie verse that comics will never have.

Yah, some opportunities will be missed, but you can't hit every note. Lets not go CW here

Evans and RDJ did their jobs too well. At least for the foreseeable future, I don't think we could see someone else as Cap or Iron Man.

Frankly, I think that's a good thing. Let them cycle through characters, and give some damn permanence in the movie verse that comics will never have.

Yah, some opportunities will be missed, but you can't hit every note. Lets not go CW here
    "Permanence" is overrated. Especially in these big silly machine "movies".

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea but we still got Tchalla atleast and hes had the stronger relationship with both imo. Tchalla is one of the few people Doom respects and Reed and Tchalla are super close.
    The problem is T'Challa is a bit stoic and keeps things in. Tony has a big personality, which is why it'd be great to have him and Reed work on a project together as the Big Brains (MCU T'Challa would probably have Shuri work with Reed).

Doom, though? I'd love it if he were introduced in a Black Panther or Dr. Strange sequel and then move on to a Fantastic Four movie.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I feel like they will just recast Cap and Iron Man
    Not without rebooting the whole thing. Which they're not doing until they see how Captain Marvel and Black Panther hold up in their second outings.

As for Cap and Iron Man, their MCU stories were given a definite conclusion. I suppose somebody could do a story set Pre-Endgame, but what would be the point? No, short of a full reboot, Cap and IM are done in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Not without rebooting the whole thing. Which they're not doing until they see how Captain Marvel and Black Panther hold up in their second outings.

As for Cap and Iron Man, their MCU stories were given a definite conclusion. I suppose somebody could do a story set Pre-Endgame, but what would be the point? No, short of a full reboot, Cap and IM are done in the MCU.
    Cap can come back easily.

Ultimate Member

Cap can come back easily.
    Yeah, easily.

If they can find an actor as good as Chris Evans

If they can get the fandom to accept him.

If Disney wants the blowback of reversing Sam as Cap.

If Disney wants to undermine the ending of their biggest movie to date

Or...Disney can develop new properties and make money that way.

Cap and Iron Man are not Batman and Superman. There have not been so many actors portraying them that fans will automatically accept a new one. So I guess we have to suffer through new properties.

The horror

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Cap never left.

He just has wings and answers to the name Sam Wilson now.

Yeah, easily.

If they can find an actor as good as Chris Evans

If they can get the fandom to accept him.

If Disney wants the blowback of reversing Sam as Cap.

If Disney wants to undermine the ending of their biggest movie to date

Or...Disney can develop new properties and make money that way.

Cap and Iron Man are not Batman and Superman. There have not been so many actors portraying them that fans will automatically accept a new one. So I guess we have to suffer through new properties.

The horror
    Meh, that can all be waived people don't care as much as you think. Plus that's where creativity comes into play, yo.

I'm more than fine with seeing Sam continue on, but the Steve is only a flu shot away from returning to answer the call.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-07-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Meh, that can all be waived people don't care as much as you think. Plus that's where creativity comes into play, yo.

I'm more than fine with seeing Sam continue on, but the Steve is only a flu shot away from returning to answer the call.
    To me, bringing Cap back in the MCU would cheapen the conclusion of his story. I won't say Disney's Marvel absolutely would not do it, I don't think it likely. They've seemed to be more interested in good films than in fan service.

Now once Feige is gone? No bet.