Page 179 of 376 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 5626
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The first chapter of the Warworld Saga lives up to hype. The connection with Morrison's book barely make sense, imo... am I supposed to believe SM was weakened and looking older off-panel in the middle of Warworld Rising?
    I think it was a gradual thing. I think you can place Morrison & Janin's story in a few different places and they work, but the generally chronology is that PKJ's opening arc gave Superman radiation poisoning which led to his weakened and gray-haired state. This prompted him to recruit the Authority to replicate his powers. From that point on, they've been secretly making Clark appear to be at full power even as he's continuing to grow weaker. That's really all we as readers need to know.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think it was a gradual thing. I think you can place Morrison & Janin's story in a few different places and they work, but the generally chronology is that PKJ's opening arc gave Superman radiation poisoning which led to his weakened and gray-haired state. This prompted him to recruit the Authority to replicate his powers. From that point on, they've been secretly making Clark appear to be at full power even as he's continuing to grow weaker. That's really all we as readers need to know.
    But old-looking SM recruits the team to go to Warworld, so Morrison's book has to be placed after Warworld Rising. It doesn't really add up.

Hey Action Comics is #3 on the ComiXology Best Sellers list!

Happy to see people checking in with this arc!
    But old-looking SM recruits the team to go to Warworld, so Morrison's book has to be placed after Warworld Rising. It doesn't really add up.

Opening arc was The Golden Age that team up between Clark and Jon where they face the monsters from the Rift. That’s where Superman got poisoned. At the start of Warworld Rising we see that Batman has been running tests on Clark and Clark knows he’s getting weaker. We also know for example that the story of Batman/Superman & The Authority basically takes place “in-between panels”. Batman confronts Superman about the new team in 1035, the two go to the Dark Multiverse inbetween that confrontation and Clark meeting Lois.

It fits, not neatly or perfectly, but it fits well enough.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Opening arc was The Golden Age that team up between Clark and Jon where they face the monsters from the Rift. That’s where Superman got poisoned. At the start of Warworld Rising we see that Batman has been running tests on Clark and Clark knows he’s getting weaker. We also know for example that the story of Batman/Superman & The Authority basically takes place “in-between panels”. Batman confronts Superman about the new team in 1035, the two go to the Dark Multiverse inbetween that confrontation and Clark meeting Lois.

Fits well enough to my liking at least.
    I wonder, is this OMAC from earth or is she from the same alternate universe as Lia?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wait there'll be more evidence Clark is going to die, and it'll outsell BM too.

I can't see how also Superman & The Authority happens in-between panels of #1035. It's too much of a stretch for me.

I just decided it's not tied to the main books in my headcanon.

Do Batman's dozens of appearances throughout the DCU each month add up? Whenever you have multiple creators all working with the same character in the "present day", the chronology of stuff is never going to match up perfectly. Once you add in the editorial cluster&%$# that was involved in the creation of Morrison & Janin's story and the subsequent course-correction, I think they did a pretty great job of getting everything to line up.

If it really bothers you, just pretend that any remaining inconsistencies are an aftershock from the destruction & recreation of the entire Multiverse...or a wizard did it.

Extraordinary Member

What happened in the newest issue of Action wasn't Superman getting grey hair, it was Manchester Black's illusion failing, revealing the grey hair he already had

Spectacular Member

I think the idea is that Action 1035 is actually a long time in between scenes.
    After Superman quit Justice League in 1035,
    he got grey hair and went to assemble the Authority,
    then after the Authority book he went back to 1035 to fly with Lois,
    Then he rejoin the Authority and head for Warworld.

It doesn't line up that cleanly, but I think Superman and the Authority can be read to be set between the Golden Age arc and before WarWorld Rising arc easier than between the panels of Action 1035. With Clark assembling the team shortly after he starts experiencing the radiation poisoning following The Golden Age. I think it's implied that Enchantress and Black were needed to help him pass Batman's tests and Lois was researching in Kandor with him assembling the team to keep up the façade and anticipating his declining powers. Then when War World Rising happens he realizes he needs to change course and that is where their first mission will be. So War World Rising would have happened in between the panels towards the end o SatA #4 and not the other way around.

Again, nothing is going to cleanly fit because SatA wasn't written or created for this purpose and they apparently didn't want Janlin and Morrison to redo too much of it, but with a little squinting it works pretty much as well as anything else.
    Last edited by Yoda; 11-12-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Incredible Member

How's this run been? I`ve been reading Jon`s book but I am really starting to miss Clark. Dropped because I could not stand anything Bendis did with the character.

About time we got some cool gladiator underlings for Mongul. Sampere draws the hell out of them but since Mendonca created them I can’t wait to see his take on them in action against The Authority. Federeci drawing them will be a sight to see as well I’m sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    How's this run been? I`ve been reading Jon`s book but I am really starting to miss Clark. Dropped because I could not stand anything Bendis did with the character.
    Action’s great so far. PKJ has done an excellent job building up to Superman and Mongul’s first fight, now we’ll see what he’s got planned next.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

PKJ says soon the backups in Action will shift to tell the background of Mongul and various gladiators

Sweet was hoping we’d get to see some of the background he’s been hinting at for these characters!

PKJ says soon the backups in Action will shift to tell the background of Mongul and various gladiators

Sweet was hoping we’d get to see some of the background he’s been hinting at for these characters!
    That's got to be an improvement on the lackluster Tales of Metropolis backups we have been getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's got to be an improvement on the lackluster Tales of Metropolis backups we have been getting.
    Agreed. PKJ isn’t sure if he will be writing them or someone else will, personally hoping for Dan Watters since he’s a great up and coming writer who worked on the Songs of the Lost Children tie in to The Last God