Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Default He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains ~ Fin Fang Foom Appreciation!

He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!

FIN FANG FOOM!

One of Marvels 1st Silver Age Characters (if not the first); He predates the Fantastic Four by a whole month.

He possesses super strength
    Can Fly
    Can Spit out Fire
    Almost immortal he has survived for 100's of years.
    He is super smart
    and can also communicate telepathically!

From his first appearance in Strange Tales #89

To his own team book....

He is Marvels answer to Godzilla when it comes to Big loveable Monsters/heroes/villians...

I say bring him back in one form or another.... (would love it if Marvel did a "big monster comic" again ala early strange tales. It could feature FFF, It, and many many more)!

The Hero of Maklu IV; .............Fin Fang Foom Forever!

Let's show him some love!!!

Well it has been 1 1/2 YEARS since I started this thread...and lo and behold not one single FFF lover commented........d

I am the only one that loves the one "whose back scrapes the sun"?

Hopefully with his recent appearance in Totally Awesome Hulk #3 (see below) it will reawaken some of the old Foom lovers!

He has been around for over 50 years and we didn't even get a 50th anniversary special
    I would be happy if he could speak again like he used to...or do a little Kung Fu like he used to...or even run a Chinese restaurant like he used to...

Now come join me in showing the mightiest monster in Marveldom some love... If you don't ... you know what will happen....

Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

Had to share these as well!

..Two of my Favorites battling it out to eat those "little snacks" in Foom's hands LOL

..After making love to the beautiful Black Canary she passes out in ecstasy....the rest of the JLA attack in jealousy!!!!!! LOL

..Pix of the T-shirt I own!!!
    Come join in the Love for He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun!http://community.comicbookresources....49#post1797949

...Last one for today!

...NUFF SAID!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Well it has been 1 1/2 YEARS since I started this thread...and lo and behold not one single FFF lover commented........d

I am the only one that loves the one "whose back scrapes the sun"?

Hopefully with his recent appearance in Totally Awesome Hulk #3 (see below) it will reawaken some of the old Foom lovers!

He has been around for over 50 years and we didn't even get a 50th anniversary special
    I would be happy if he could speak again like he used to...or do a little Kung Fu like he used to...or even run a Chinese restaurant like he used to...

Now come join me in showing the mightiest monster in Marveldom some love... If you don't ... you know what will happen....

I had no idea their was a Fin Fang Foom appreciation thread, LOVE IT!

When I first got out of college and got a job, I used my paycheck to buy Strange Tales 89, his first appearance. The character is so goofy, but man, I just love the visual of a giant kaiju dragon fighting superheroes. I hate that he always kind of ends up being a joke character though.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

...Last one for today!

...NUFF SAID!
    Mike Mignola drawing FFF is one of the best things ever. For the longest time I wanted a tattoo of this.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I like how Jet Jaguar is flying in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    I had no idea their was a Fin Fang Foom appreciation thread, LOVE IT!

When I first got out of college and got a job, I used my paycheck to buy Strange Tales 89, his first appearance. The character is so goofy, but man, I just love the visual of a giant kaiju dragon fighting superheroes. I hate that he always kind of ends up being a joke character though.
    OMG!!! Thank You SBN!!!! You are the 1st honored visitor to this page!

I agree, it makes me mad that they abuse Foom all the time....He has saved the world before and even saved Christmas once... they need to show him more respect!

Some of the best kick butt moments for our beloved green giant was:

He really gave old "It" a Kung Fu butt kicking. LOL

So happy for you that you have ST #89... I too hope to find that issue someday (right now though, only ones I can find are too pricey).

Welcome again; and may Foomageddon occur sooner rather than later!

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I like how Jet Jaguar is flying in the background.
    I too like that TJ! It made me giggle when I found the image!

BANNED

I didn't know this thread existed.

Try promoting it with a link on your signature next time.

It would be cool if you used your signature to promote all the appreciation threads you visit and wish others would too, for Namor, FFF, and Vision, etc.

OMG!!! Thank You SBN!!!! You are the 1st honored visitor to this page!

I agree, it makes me mad that they abuse Foom all the time....He has saved the world before and even saved Christmas once... they need to show him more respect!

Some of the best kick butt moments for our beloved green giant was:

He really gave old "It" a Kung Fu butt kicking. LOL

So happy for you that you have ST #89... I too hope to find that issue someday (right now though, only ones I can find are too pricey).

Welcome again; and may Foomageddon occur sooner rather than later!
    I think I have that issue of It the Living Colossus as well; really weird if I recall. And yeah that ST #89 is fairly pricey, I got mine about 5 years ago, and honestly it was a case of me being in the right place at the right time. But hey, you could always pick up a Where Monsters Dwell #21; it was a reprint of that story. And what a story; you get to see FFF whip the Great Wall of China like a whip!

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    I didn't know this thread existed.

Try promoting it with a link on your signature next time.

It would be cool if you used your signature to promote all the appreciation threads you visit and wish others would too, for Namor, FFF, and Vision, etc.
    Great idea Little One!

BANNED

Great idea Little One!
    Yay! *little snail dances with FFF the kaiju dance*

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    I think I have that issue of It the Living Colossus as well; really weird if I recall. And yeah that ST #89 is fairly pricey, I got mine about 5 years ago, and honestly it was a case of me being in the right place at the right time. But hey, you could always pick up a Where Monsters Dwell #21; it was a reprint of that story. And what a story; you get to see FFF whip the Great Wall of China like a whip!
    I too bought Astonishing Tales 24 about that time as well! I went ahead and picked up all the issues with IT in it (issues 21-24). I also have Where Monsters Dwell #21 in near mint condition; but I would rather have a ST #89 LOL I am willing to buy one 2.5 or higher, but not looking to spend over $300 on it. I also collect every appearance of FFF.....
    I have almost every single appearance of Fin Fang except for that 1st appearance..... One of my favorite is a great copy of Fantasy Masterpieces #2... It proclaims at the top of the cover that the book has Marvel's GOLDEN Age characters in it.... so I guess you can look at FFF as either Marvel's first SA character or the last GA one!

I started collecting Where Monsters dwell a long time ago and when I read #21 I fell in love with Foom... So I made it my mission to collect all his appearances just like I have done with Silver Surfer.

If anyone knows where I can get a 2.5 or better copy of ST89 for 300 or less, let me know!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY FROM LORD FOOM!!!!!!!!

......ahhhh my green Martian Friend (no relation to Matt Damon), you may be the strongest DC super hero; even stronger than Superman in many people's opinions...but today; you have definitely met your match!!! LOL