Page 281 of 667 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 10005

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
    The camps were used during the Obama administration as well, chum.
    Ah, it's the next predictable step of a conservative argument... "BOTH SIDES DO IT"

Under Obama... House Democrats opposed the move. However, there was no family separation. Children weren't being forced to raise children. Children weren't being sexually assaulted. Children weren't dying in custody. Detention centers weren't on a scale that violated anyone's human rights for being overfilled. People weren't being denied showers. Or soap. Or toothpaste. Or human rights. Children weren't being locked in vans in the heat overnight.

That an immigrant detention center was holding people pending amnesty hearings wasn't acceptable. And thus, why the Democratic party bucked their own president (go figure). And I don't see Democrats lining up to rally around Obama for doing it. We didn't then, we aren't now.

However, we're not talking about four years ago. We're talking about right now. And what you're seeing is, "How can we make this as cruel as possible?" Also, "How can we profit from this by allowing for private contractors to hold as many people and charge $775 a day for each migrant, regardless of how they're being treated? Can we sucker rubes and racists to support it so we can line our pockets? Are they actually dim and bigoted enough to get behind this? They are? THEY ARE? WOO HOO! CASH IN!"

And you're defending them, in the name of "conservatism", like it's a team sport. By grasping at any and every straw.

When you should be saying, "My tax dollars are paying for children being treated like animals. Why would I support that?"

Because hey, that's an option.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Just for the record, you really can't donate anything to these ICE controlled dentention centers. People have tried and they are turned away As pointed out by WBE, we are already paying for them through our taxes. But you can donate to other organizations like the ACLU or Rescue.org
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-11-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This is it. Like, the "jumping off" moment was some time ago, and yet... Kris Kobach is still was the GOP's nominee to be the next Governror of Kansas in 2018. In 2020, he's now vying to be the nominee for Pat Roberts' Senate seat... and he'll probably win. I've been posting about him since 2014, and for five years, noting that the SPLC has him trafficking with multiple anti-immigrant hate groups.

So how is he still right there? Why was he given a job in the Trump administration to try and put racist questions into the census? At what point to Republicans look at guys like this and go, "Please, get me someone who isn't a screaming bigot. I will not hold my nose and vote for them."?

I'm still waiting. And I just keep seeing conservatives defend worse and worse things reflexively. And it's chilling.
    It's a feature, not a bug, as we see from recent posts here. Never criticize, alway defend and when you can, blame it on Obama and the Democrats.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Just for the record, you really can't donate anything to these ICE controlled dentention centers. As pointed out earlier, we are already paying for them through our taxes. But you can donate to other organizations like the ACLU that are fighting the injustice
    Probably a good time to post a link to this:

How to donate to help migrants detained at the border

BANNED

Ah, it's the next predictable step of a conservative argument... "BOTH SIDES DO IT"
    They do and have. Mistakes have been made all around. The picture you paint however, as unrealistic as it is, is that the democrats have always been this perfectly immaculate example that has never made a mistake or has smudges on their record.

"How can we make this as cruel as possible?" Also, "How can we profit from this by allowing for private contractors to hold as many people and charge $775 a day for each migrant, regardless of how they're being treated? Can we sucker rubes and racists to support it so we can line our pockets? Are they actually dim and bigoted enough to get behind this? They are? THEY ARE? WOO HOO! CASH IN!"
    Wow. I'm sorry you feel that way. If anybody ever wondered why your everyday Joe White taxpayer, with his head down, just trying to keep his sanity as trudges back and forth to work eveyday is becoming more and more agitated with the democratic party, look no further than this quote.

Jesus, man. Way to go with more of your insulting generalizations and assumptions.

Y'know, I forgot to also mention... the Trump administration's immigration policies are flagrantly ignoring the American judiciary. And has been for a year.

Conservatism has also somehow become defending actions that the court says are unconstitutional, but screw it, let's break the law and do it anyway.

Wow. I'm sorry you feel that way. If anybody ever wondered why your everyday Joe White taxpayer, with his head down, just trying to keep his sanity as trudges back and forth to work eveyday is becoming more and more agitated with the democratic party, look no further than this quote.
    Ah, another "conservative" argument. Undermining the naysayers by trying to portray them as you imagine them. They're obviously opposed to "Joe White Taxpayer" (interesting how you volunteered the WHITE adjective in there), trudging to work everyday.

I work everyday. For the Department of Veterans' Affairs, serving our country's troops. I also pay my taxes. I'm also white, as embarrassing as some white people can make it be to admit that these days.

But I'm still also not arguing against basic human rights, as you are. Or trying to pretend that I'm the victim here, being "slighted" for trying to deny immigrant children those rights.

Oooh... check that one of the "conservative" arguments checklist! The victim complex where not getting to oppress or demean others and being called out for doing so is actually somehow discrimination against the conservative.

They do and have. Mistakes have been made all around. The picture you paint however, as unrealistic as it is, is that the democrats have always been this perfectly immaculate example that has never made a mistake or has smudges on their record.
    I believe I demonstrated precisely the opposite of that.

In case you weren't paying attention, let me reiterate... Democrats are decidedly not cool with this. And aren't just feigning outrage. Sen. Jeff Merkley and Rep. Jamila Prayapal have a bill going to end it.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.euronews.com/2019/07/05/...erg-to-the-uae

Towing a 20-mile long iceberg from Antarctica to the Middle East. Weird.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Has Trump broken Twitter?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    https://www.euronews.com/2019/07/05/...erg-to-the-uae

Towing a 20-mile long iceberg from Antarctica to the Middle East. Weird.
    Stupid as it sounds, at least it's better to piss money on things that can benefit people than, say, artificial islands in the design of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Has Trump broken Twitter?
    He was meeting with poor "victims" of Twitter account suspensions today at the White House.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    I'm Black also.
    Is this you?

4158483.jpg
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    History for starters since these tend to end the same way. There is a reason you are generally the last man standing on "your side" here.
    That seems to be making a habit that some have about preferring what is largely an echo chamber (or a narrow range of discussion) into an official policy, and insisting that others act that way.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That seems to be making a habit that some have about preferring what is largely an echo chamber (or a narrow range of discussion) into an official policy, and insisting that others act that way.
    I am not asking for anything to be made an official policy Mets. I am wondering why they bother when they clearly only want to argue with people. They aren't changing anyones mind and I don't recall a single one of their minds being changed either. It's just a steady escalation of tension until the meltdown and ban o they just leave. I am just tired of the song and dance when there are plenty of other places for them to go if they want their voice heard. Those options don't end with 5+ replies to every one of their posts telling them how wrong they are. At least with you, you seem to be a prewipe guy who's also a mod. I imagine not all of your 10,000+ current posts are here either. So you aren't here just to argue. I can't really say the same about the tourists or the guys that only post after a major Trump administration win to gloat and then disappear until the next time. This is coming from a history of conservative bad faith behavior on these threads not out of a desire for an echo chamber. I am also tired of the democrat backbiting but that's just unavoidable. Conservatives picking fights or pissing in the wind at the threads expense is avoidable.