Page 172 of 192 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2875

Personally, I always saw Storm chilling and smoking with Erykah Badu.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't see Kamala and Michelle in that Camp. Oprah is a billionaire and I'm not well versed in her investments so I don't have much against her. Harris policy is abysmal in regards to mass incarceration and war and that's common practice for the vast majority of the US Senate because it's a system where lobbyists are more important then people. Michelle is criticised not for her husband's policy but for playing into the narrative.
    emma has attempted to kill the xmen on numerous occasions, she attempted to kill innocent inhumans after the threat of the cloud was destroyed, and she has treated people as well as her students unnecessarily cruel promoting a life of violence and war. yet with all of these things Storm has still worked with her and even some would say befriended her. I do not think you are being fair to make the case she wouldnt work with women such as Michelle and Kamala or befriend them when their records are fair less dubious than Emma's.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Change comes from pressure from the people not from politicians who are trying to maintain the status quo or worse aid their donors.

I think Ororo can forgive but like unless she gets say Kamala to stop voting to give Trump money for war I don't think she'd want to hang out with her.

Which means for Ororo to "forgive" Emma, Emma had to have a "change of heart". So would the others. There's very few politicians who get into politics to do good. And I don't see Ororo wanting to hang out with the millionaires who make up the Senate I guess bar Ilhan Omar and Ocasio Cortez who aren't millionaires
    Agree that change comes from the people which is why I think Ororo would do her damndest to work with and befriend people like Kamala.

How many times have we seen Emma lie to Ororo to go back to working with her? The last time this happened was in IvX. Emma lied to Ororo, and then shortly thereafter Ororo is back working with Emma only for her to lie to her again. As I said, if ororo can have such an attitude towards Emma I'm sure she can be more than forgiving with Kamala.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Personally, I always saw Storm chilling and smoking with Erykah Badu.
    chilling yes, smoking no. ororo is not for the desecration of her body like that lol. which is why emma switching bodies and smoking in it was the worst thing she could have done.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-05-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    chilling yes, smoking no. ororo is not for the desecration of her body like that lol. which is why emma switching bodies and smoking in it was the worst thing she could have done.
    This is a hypothetical real life Storm we are talking about here. The crap she goes makes getting high a necessity to maintain her sanity. She'd be high as a kite 24/7 just to be able to talk to Emma without killing her.

She'd be black, a woman, and a mutant in this world. I need to get drunk or high just thinking about it, and I don't smoke or drink lol.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-05-2018 at 06:53 PM.

This is a hypothetical real life Storm we are talking about here. The crap she goes makes getting high a necessity to maintain her sanity. She'd be high as a kite 24/7 just to be able to talk to Emma without killing her.
    now that I would agree with or on some pretty strong sedatives lol.

did u like storm in the issues released today?

now that I would agree with or on some pretty strong sedatives lol.

did u like storm in the issues released today?
    Issue 1 didn't grab me and what I've heard about the others haven't been much better. This is feeling too much like X-Men stories I've already read before. If I hear it gets better then I'll hop back on, but for now I'll wait for this to be over and see if the X-book that comes from this is better.

The way Storm has been treated over the years has stopped me from buying books just because she's in them. I would have done that before, but not anymore. I've been burned too many times.

Issue 1 didn't grab me and what I've heard about the others haven't been much better. This is feeling too much like X-Men stories I've already read before. If I hear it gets better then I'll hop back on, but for now I'll wait for this to be over and see if the X-book that comes from this is better.

The way Storm has been treated over the years has stopped me from buying books just because she's in them. I would have done that before, but not anymore. I've been burned too many times.
    yea I was hoping uncanny 1 would prove my initial thoughts on the title wrong but as you mentioned that didn't happen. and you mean the warped xmen books?

and I so agree with your last point. I'm way more for quality over quanity. her appearing in the book does not mean she will be treated appropriately.

nevertheless, I love reading the old uncanny issues and came across some scans of storm that I thought was pretty cool:

1. here's another instance of just how fast storm powers can activate during a danger room session:

If you are to show her using lightning all the time, this is how it should be done.

2. Here Storm has so much control over her abilities as well as precision she creates a mini hurricane inside the attic of the mansion attacking Arkon without any harm to her plants:

I love how she was drawn in those panels as well.
    I always thought these were impressive displays of power, especially her fight with Arkon. He was a 70+ tonner I believe and she smashed him through the floors of the mansion from her room in the attack.

As an aside I am glad they remembered Lorna’s ability to sense distrubances in the local EM field and, an ability I haven’t seen with anyone else, recognize individual EM auras/signatures. I hope (in vain) that they remember these unique/creative applications of Storm’s powers, including her elemental extra sensory abilities.

BANNED

She'd be black, a woman, and a mutant in this world. I need to get drunk or high just thinking about it, and I don't smoke or drink lol.
    This made me laugh out louddddd!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I always thought these were impressive displays of power, especially her fight with Arkon. He was a 70+ tonner I believe and she smashed him through the floors of the mansion from her room in the attack.

As an aside I am glad they remembered Lorna’s ability to sense distrubances in the local EM field and, an ability I haven’t seen with anyone else, recognize individual EM auras/signatures. I hope (in vain) that they remember these unique/creative applications of Storm’s powers, including her elemental extra sensory abilities.
    that is pretty impressive all things considering. it's just another testament to how powerful her winds are.

and I thought magneto has done this before but this was something yet again they get wrong with ororo. storm should be able to see these ripples too with her energy sight so unfortunately i think your hope is something that has fallen on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm cool with all this.

I saw a slight appearance of old Storm in Uncanny...then she was pushed back down by Lightning Lass later in th story.
    Attachment 74607

Nice to see it's a joint leadership role too.
    Lol at that anemic bolt. Ignore Storms range, control of air, temperature and moisture. Or if they wanted share a kick ass moment have Storm and Lorna both tap the EM field to shake up the area with a mini-quake. And whats even more pathetically shameful is Gugg’s did a better job with AoE lightning than these writers combined when it came the her vs a group of opponents.

Let’s hope these ladies retain their lead roles after Cyclops and Logan fully return -__-....like send over the x-kods with them and have 2 vet teams lead by Storm and Jean.

Lol at that anemic bolt. Ignore Storms range, control of air, temperature and moisture. Or if they wanted share a kick ass moment have Storm and Lorna both tap the EM field to shake up the area with a mini-quake. And whats even more pathetically shameful is Gugg’s did a better job with AoE lightning than these writers combined when it came the her vs a group of opponents.

Let’s hope these ladies retain their lead roles after Cyclops and Logan fully return -__-....like send over the x-kods with them and have 2 vet teams lead by Storm and Jean.
    yea that bolt of lightning was very famished looking. baby I'm sorry I have zero expectations when it comes to the xoffices and their use of storm. I seriously doubt that the ladies retain their role with the "last two xmen" returning to save the day. :/

yea that bolt of lightning was very famished looking. baby I'm sorry I have zero expectations when it comes to the xoffices and their use of storm. I seriously doubt that the ladies retain their role with the "last two xmen" returning to save the day. :/
    Agreed and its a damn shame. I think Storm is as good a leader as Cyclops (and better at the interpersonal connections with her team) and a superior leader to Wolverine. I’d rather see them do something else with the both of them, but so far the writing sucks so you’re absolutely right that they’ll end up saving the day. At this point my therapy is to save them coins.

Agreed and its a damn shame. I think Storm is as good a leader as Cyclops (and better at the interpersonal connections with her team) and a superior leader to Wolverine. I’d rather see them do something else with the both of them, but so far the writing sucks so you’re absolutely right that they’ll end up saving the day. At this point my therapy is to save them coins.
    oh yes. when you can successfully and effectively lead a super powered team without your powers available to you that is a boss. None of the other xmen leaders can say such a thing. And yasssss my dear I will be saving those coins right along with you.

oh question rider. what are your thoughts on Storm being friends with black female political figures such as Michelle Obama, Kamala Harris, and Oprah? we were having an interesting debate yesterday and would love your thoughts on this.