Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Yes I was. The twitter posts are entertaining.....
    Rented Infinite from Redbox overnight and didn't even give it more than a half-dozen matches or so before returning to my years old copy of Dead or Alive 5 -- hard to believe that the company that got me hooked on fighting games back in the day -- combined with the company that got me hooked on comics -- can't even put together a game that keeps my interest for more than an hour these days.

Strider is still my ace though -- I just wish he was doing his thing somewhere other than a C-grade fighting game.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-06-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Rented Infinite from Redbox overnight and didn't even give it more than a half-dozen matches or so before returning to my years old copy of Dead or Alive 5 -- hard to believe that the company that got me hooked on fighting games back in the day -- combined with the company that got me hooked on comics -- can't even put together a game that keeps my interest for more than an hour these days.

Strider is still my ace though -- I just wish he was doing his thing somewhere other than a C-grade fighting game.
    And people were convinced this would blow Injustice 2 out of the water........

For fans of the Civilization series,

Shaka Leads the Zulu in Civilization VI
    https://realotakugamer.com/shaka-lea...-rise-and-fall

BANNED

Isnt it ironic that most comics dont show characters praying or going to church?

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Isnt it ironic that most comics dont show characters praying or going to church?
    It's the one hole in the"comics should reflect the real world" argument. In the real world people or religious a lot of people. Religious people are perhaps the most under represented demographic in comics.

Ultimate Member

Just one more reason Nightcrawler was one of my favorite characters back when Claremont was writing the X-Men -- Kurt was always very open about his belief in God and Christ and had no problem showing how devoted he was to his religion, whether through prayer or otherwise.

BANNED

Just one more reason Nightcrawler was one of my favorite characters back when Claremont was writing the X-Men -- Kurt was always very open about his belief in God and Christ and had no problem showing how devoted he was to his religion, whether through prayer or otherwise.

I miss those times but the Kurt we have now hasnt been praying..

Ultimate Member

"'Black Panther' Reigns With Early 100 Percent Rotten Tomatoes Score"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ercent-1082554

BANNED

"'Black Panther' Reigns With Early 100 Percent Rotten Tomatoes Score"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ercent-1082554
    That is AWESOME!

Invincible Member

Daredevil used to be shown in church a lot but usually when he was guilty and depressed about something. He did pray as much as he'd sit the back and mope.

Religion is a central component of Black Panther.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

No.

You got some of that in Silver Age DCs. But most creators thought better of
    going there because then you have to answer questions like these:

Is Superman a Protestant? If so which branch?

If not, then is he a believer in the Gods of Krypton?

Does Wonder Woman try to convert others to her faith? Do people worship Wonder Woman?

Can a person even be an atheist in a world where the Spectre exists?

Best to avoid that mine field altogether.

You might get one or two characters that are explicitly Christian, or Buddist or are unbelievers but generally
    speaking they don't say what their characters believe.

Given what the Internets are like I don't blame them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Maybe as a comic book accurate character. But as an action hero Will Smith was fantastic. He and Margot Robbie were the best parts of the movie. And Viola Davis as Amanda Waller was also kind of awesome.
    Where exactly would Mr. T fit into a movie anyway? Makes no sense for him being in Suicide Squad or Justice League. Mr. T is a rather obscure character.
    I never said Terrific needed to be in SS. I only said he was miscast as Deadshot. Perhaps Smith should have played Rick Flag. That would have worked better, imo. Smith would have given Flag way more charisma, may have garnered more sympathy to save his lover, served as an audience surrogate, and provided more conflict with Waller. If WB wanted a black male character in SS, then Bronze Tiger was the obvious choice. However, I don't see Will Smith playing Ben Turner at all.

Characters are only obscure when creators don't invest any energy in them.

They started out obscure, but Rocket Raccoon & Groot are household names now.

Iron Man was far from A-List before his fist film. Now, look at him.

Looking at the positive reception of Black Panther, DC should have found some way to use Terrific, a character with very similar attributes as BP & Iron Man.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 02-07-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Maybe as a comic book accurate character. But as an action hero Will Smith was fantastic. He and Margot Robbie were the best parts of the movie. And Viola Davis as Amanda Waller was also kind of awesome.
    Where exactly would Mr. T fit into a movie anyway? Makes no sense for him being in Suicide Squad or Justice League. Mr. T is a rather obscure character.
    Not sure how that matters. Other than maybe Harley Quinn the entire Suicide Squad was composed of obscure characters as far as the general audience is concerned. Not saying Terrific should be on the Squad, just that obscurity isn't an issue in using a character in a comic book movie.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Smith was ok, but he did a role he can do in his sleep at this point. It was Will Smith starring as "Will Smith".
    That was how I saw it.