Page 165 of 695 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 10425
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Timm's going to seriously damage the character's reputation if he keeps fetishizing her like this. I was talking to a casual fan before Suicide Squad released last year and he legit thought Harley Quinn was an S&M type of character from the Timm artwork and Arkham games that he had been exposed to

It was funny but is that the image DC wants for their so called "Fourth Pillar"?
    Her character is just all over the place. One interpretation of her is good then gets ruined later. Don't think this movie will do significant harm since it came off as a parady.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty3w View Post
    Is any developer making PC/Console game for any DC franchise? Haven't heard anything after Injustice 2.
    Yes the telltale batman games came out with season 2 episode 1 early august.

Timm's going to seriously damage the character's reputation if he keeps fetishizing her like this. I was talking to a casual fan before Suicide Squad released last year and he legit thought Harley Quinn was an S&M type of character from the Timm artwork and Arkham games that he had been exposed to
    Isn't she already pretty fetishized by this point ?

It was funny but is that the image DC wants for their so called "Fourth Pillar"?
    Well, given the kind of character she is....

Well, Harley was definitely a voluptuous lady in Batman and HQ lol
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't she already pretty fetishized by this point ?

Well, given the kind of character she is....
    I mean, Timm keeps pushing the "envelope" further and further, in a manner of speaking...

And to be fair, she started out as a sympathetic abuse victim. Dini sexualized her a few instances (Mad Love being the earliest example that I remember) but it was Timm who started overdoing it with his risque artwork. Dini played along at times.

It just feels super awkward. What is his obsession with all these super creepy sex scenes?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I mean, Timm keeps pushing the "envelope" further and further, in a manner of speaking...

And to be fair, she started out as a sympathetic abuse victim. Dini sexualized her a few instances (Mad Love being the earliest example that I remember) but it was Timm who started overdoing it with his risque artwork. Dini played along at times.

It just feels super awkward. What is his obsession with all these super creepy sex scenes?
    I'm really curious for Batman & Harley (have to wait for the BluRay, though). I don't have as many problems with the KJ adaption as some of you guys but in general I don't want sexual tension in my comics. Not everything has to be like a novel or the movies or suffer from glued on adult themes.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I'm really curious for Batman & Harley (have to wait for the BluRay, though). I don't have as many problems with the KJ adaption as some of you guys but in general I don't want sexual tension in my comics. Not everything has to be like a novel or the movies or suffer from glued on adult themes.
    I'm not sure we are allowed spoilers, so I'll just keep my details kinda vague...

I liked the voice actors for Batman and Nightwing, but Ivy and Harley's voice actors are terrible IMO. Harley's voice was especially grating. She also had a SINGING number, in fact, there were two singing numbers that happen at a club. The movie does NOT take itself seriously at all. You may like that or not, but it felt like a hammy, B movie. You can find blatant references to the 66 Batman and even fan favorites from BTAS.

Batman's characterization was really off. He was actually quippy and smiling a lot which was weird to me. The humor ranges from puns to low brow potty humor with bodily fluids.

The plot was by the numbers: Jason Woodrue and Ivy wants to rid the world of humanity because we consume and deforest the environment, etc. Batman and friends have to stop them.

Yeah, Harley is quite sexualized in the movie. You get gratuitous shots of her breasts and butt, in underwear of course 'cause why not. They actually had a nice idea of her trying to reform and the struggles she was facing, but all that shit kinda went out the window for the rest of the film until the end. She had a lot of weird non-sequitars that were intended to be funny, but were kinda meh to me.

Harley can be sexy. I think a lot of the villainess(es)? are quite attractive, but they definitely go overboard at times. To be fair, I don't think the sex scene in Batman and HQ was as bad as KJ. Even though it came outta freaking no where, it was consensual and there were no power roles between the two individuals. Felt more like a quid pro quo thing to me.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    I'm not sure we are allowed spoilers, so I'll just keep my details kinda vague...

I liked the voice actors for Batman and Nightwing, but Ivy and Harley's voice actors are terrible IMO. Harley's voice was especially grating. She also had a SINGING number, in fact, there were two singing numbers that happen at a club. The movie does NOT take itself seriously at all. You may like that or not, but it felt like a hammy, B movie. You can find blatant references to the 66 Batman and even fan favorites from BTAS.

Batman's characterization was really off. He was actually quippy and smiling a lot which was weird to me. The humor ranges from puns to low brow potty humor with bodily fluids.

The plot was by the numbers: Jason Woodrue and Ivy wants to rid the world of humanity because we consume and deforest the environment, etc. Batman and friends have to stop them.

Yeah, Harley is quite sexualized in the movie. You get gratuitous shots of her breasts and butt, in underwear of course 'cause why not. They actually had a nice idea of her trying to reform and the struggles she was facing, but all that shit kinda went out the window for the rest of the film until the end. She had a lot of weird non-sequitars that were intended to be funny, but were kinda meh to me.
    I'm sorry to hear its another missed opportunity. At this point they probably should just change their creative team. Harley annoys me most of the time but I'm glad she brings in new fans. Right now probably for the wrong reasons. Heck, there's nothing wrong with your femme fatales being sexy but please FOR DC COMICS in a Neal Adams way not a 40 year old virgin way. Maybe I'm an oldfashioned dinosaur. I have no problems with sex & violence in my entertainment but imho that's where titles like Hellblazer or PunisherMax come in.

In terms of the action, some of the hand to hand fighting, especially Ivy vs Harley was pretty well choreographed. I don't think I've ever seen those two throw down like that. The blows were all thudding and felt impactful, but the animation was really stiff. Acrobatic people like Nightwing and Harley didn't feel fluid, but rather slow and plodding in terms of movement. Everyone felt very slow.

Well, she didn't really start out as a sympathetic abuse victim.

She started out as a fun, ditzy, and zany henchgirl for the Joker in a skintight spandex costume.

The spousal abuse and "Mad Love" angle didn't come until a little later, but she's still generally seen as a "fun" and outgoing character who you can put in these sexy situations.

I mean, her first appearance had her popping out of a cake dressed as a cop, with all that implies .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she didn't really start out as a sympathetic abuse victim.

She started out as a fun, ditzy, and zany henchgirl for the Joker in a skintight spandex costume.

The spousal abuse and "Mad Love" angle didn't come until a little later, but she's still generally seen as a "fun" and outgoing character who you can put in these sexy situations.

I mean, her first appearance had her popping out of a cake dressed as a cop, with all that implies .
    I pop outta cakes all the time, bro. What are you trying to say?!

BANNED

I can't believe I just saw someone fart in the Batmobile.

My life is complete now.

Mighty Member

Anna Diop Cast As Starfire In Titans

24: Legacy alumna Anna Diop has landed one of the leads, the series-regular role of Starfire, in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV. She joins Australian newcomer Teagan Croft, who was cast as another lead, Raven, in the series that’s slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Anna Diop Cast As Starfire In Titans

Source
    I knew it. It's a Berlanti show, they almost always race-change the redheads .