Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I saw the film last night. If you're watching entirely for a consistent G1 influence you'll be in for a disappointment, as it's only for those first three or so minutes, a minute or so in the middle of the film, and then a pleasing moment at the tail end. The rest of the film is a very light and breezy family friendly flick, there's not much of a body count (though some humans do die in a fairly sanitised way). John Cena's acting is atrocious but you can't look away, there's also a scene which requires Bumblebee to be an absolute idiot in order to advance the plot.
    Oh I fully expect all of that you mentioned considering what film this is still, and just movies in general today. It just is what it is

It was perfection.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

After despising every single one of Michael Bay's Transformers movies, I loved the hell out of this.

And since everyone's posting reviews of the film, here is mine. Spoiler-free, of course.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

So far Bumblebee looks like a remake of the first Bayformers film

Bumblebee only communicates through soundbites, the female lead is too sexy (or is it sexualized) for words, etc.

Point is, I don’t know.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Extraordinary Member

Haven't seen the movie but I'd like to know how the female lead is overly sexy. Like really the prude revolution needs to be stamped out.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Haven't seen the movie but I'd like to know how the female lead is overly sexy. Like really the prude revolution needs to be stamped out.
    Yeah she isn't at all. Pretty sure there is no cleavage even.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Good thing It's not then.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I have to admit, there's one scene where I thought we were going to go into over sexulized territory, but we thankfully don't go that far. That said, there's definitely more skin from the males in this film than the females.

Isn't it the girl from the true grit remake?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Yeah she isn't at all. Pretty sure there is no cleavage even.
    That's what it looks like from the commercial.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

That said, there's definitely more skin from the males in this film than the females.
    That seems to be the trend these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Isn't it the girl from the true grit remake?
    Yep that's her, grown up actress and singer (she sung the credits song).

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post

Bumblebee only communicates through soundbites, the female lead is too sexy (or is it sexualized) for words, etc.

Point is, I don’t know.
    It has nothing to do with the first Transformers film and Hailee Steinfeld is gorgeous by deafault but they don't over-sexualize her at all. And, yeah, "sexualize" is the word because. as Spinal Tap said, "What's wrong with being sexy?"
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Just curious...are people confused about this being a prequel firmly in line with the universe Bay established? If so, here's the director himself confirming that it is and therefore why a certain character is missing.

This tells me Paramount is satisfied with what Bay has done just no longer with Bay himself. Also moving forward in the event of a Bumblebee 2 its anyone's guess who the main villain will be though I'm hoping for a resurrected Shatter. IMO she was the breakout star here (ah loved the movie by the way it was pretty awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Just curious...are people confused about this being a prequel firmly in line with the universe Bay established? If so, here's the director himself confirming that it is and therefore why a certain character is missing.

This tells me Paramount is satisfied with what Bay has done just no longer with Bay himself. Also moving forward in the event of a Bumblebee 2 its anyone's guess who the main villain will be though I'm hoping for a resurrected Shatter. IMO she was the breakout star here (ah loved the movie by the way it was pretty awesome).
    It's such a major departure, though, that it might as well not be. I've done my best to wipe Bay's films out of my head so maybe I'm wrong but there was very little in Bumblebee that directly tied into Bay's movies, was there?

Also, with inevitable sequels to this coming up, I would much rather not have Bay's movies hovering over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    It's such a major departure, though, that it might as well not be.
    But, it is. Now if people want to pretend its not that's on them but officially it is.

I've done my best to wipe Bay's films out of my head so maybe I'm wrong but there was very little in Bumblebee that directly tied into Bay's movies, was there?
    Well, spoilers for those who haven't seen it, but off the top of my head:
    spoilers:
    *Megatron is missing as per the events of the 2007 Michael Bay Transformers movie.
    *Ratchet was in the process of fixing Bumblebee's voice box in the 2007 movie. Here we find out EXACTLY how it got damaged (well more like violently removed but still)
    *We now know how (or rather from whom) Bumblebee got the idea of using sound bites from the radio to communicate.
    *Bumblebee morphed into the Camero that he was in the shape of at the beginning of the 2007 movie.
    end of spoilers

Also, with inevitable sequels to this coming up, I would much rather not have Bay's movies hovering over them.
    The thing is, keeping the continuity of the Bay movies doesn't mean keeping the look or even feel of the Bay movies, as was proven with this movie IMO. Using the past is the perfect excuse to show G1 designs. The only "problem" would be explaining how the reverse came to be if we get that far, going from G1 designs to...moving shards of metal that vaguely resemble a robot.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 12-22-2018 at 02:04 PM. Reason: thought up one more