Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm holding on to hope that she's done something clever with New Order to prevent anything bad.

Like maybe a rule that says she can't be decayed and/or New Order can't be taken from her. But in exchange she has to drop her own body enhancement rule so she'll still be injured from this.

Becaus it would be rather annoying if she was introduced just to power up "All For Shigaraki" even more.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She could drop both her Air Giant and Body Mod rules to negate both Decay and All For One.

Sadly I believe her sole purpose is to be a Mauve Shirt. She's a threat and also necessary to AFO's plans so he isn't going to let her hang around. Especially as we already know that Deku will be the one to stop both Tomura and AFO
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Between the flashback, and all the little back and forth the past few chapters, I really like the camaraderie they've been able to build between Star and her fellow pilots. So when it gets to that point where Star has the opportunity to take down one of them to try and stop "Shigaraki", she can't do it, because she doesn't want to waste one of their lives on a move she probably knows isn't going to work.

Because in these final moments we're again seeing the duality between Shigaraki and All For One, with Shigaraki's gleefully demonic face of destruction, while AFO is the one actually speaking, what I'm hoping/predicting is that after touching Star, we get another argument between the two. Shigaraki wants to kill her, AFO wants to steal her Quirk, and that distracts them long enough for Star to be able to escape possibly. But whether All For Shigaraki gets it or not, the question of how New Order will play into the future is a question I have no idea, but we'll just have to see where it goes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I always like it when a superhero has a back-up crew that can help them out, so Star having military pilots helping out with the immediate fighting has been a nice treat. And I agree that Horikoshi has managed to build a compelling bond between them in a relatively short amount of time.

Whether we Star dies or loses her quirk it'd feel like a bit of a waste. But I'm prepared for it and I agree that we'll have to wait and see exactly what role New Order will have in the story. Besides making All For Shigaraki that much more dangerous.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    She could drop both her Air Giant and Body Mod rules to negate both Decay and All For One.

Sadly I believe her sole purpose is to be a Mauve Shirt. She's a threat and also necessary to AFO's plans so he isn't going to let her hang around. Especially as we already know that Deku will be the one to stop both Tomura and AFO
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There are certainly a few possibilities that would allow Star to escape this. I'm thinking that the best case scenario is that she loses her quirk but she survives and is able to inform the heroes about it's capabilities and limitations.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    "All For Shigaraki" manages to steal New Order, while Star and Stripe slowly begins to Decay away, after delaying it with a last minute rule. However, before "Shigaraki" can make use of it, he begins to explode from the inside. As it turns out, Star had declared a rule before it was stolen that New Order would revolt against other Quirks, resulting in a gigantic Star and Stripe appearing before Tomura and All For One in the vestige world, tearing apart all the Quirks. AFO curses Star's name as his Quirks slowly start to get destroyed, and the pilots barrage "Shigaraki" with more lasers. In the real world, Star silently thanks All Might as she finally decays away, saluting her pilots.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Now this is a genuine good twist that Horikoshi keeps on doing and I keep forgetting to trust in him, putting himself in a corner that we think it can only ever end badly, and then turning it around somehow. Star and Stripe dying and losing her Quirk now is still sad, but her getting to go out in a blaze of glory as a monstrous vestige that tears apart AFO from the inside, including destroying some Quirks, is incredibly satisfying. We get the bittersweetness of her thinking about All Might and her pilots as she's dying, while also get the gleefulness that she's the only one other than All Might to get AFO to actually lose his composure. And now this just leads into even more interesting places this can go, will she end up end up finally separating Tomura and AFO? Will she end up destroying most, if not all, of the extra Quirks within Shigaraki? If he does manage to get rid of New Order, who does he give it to? Really exciting to see what's next. *salutes Cathleen Bate*
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Star gets a heroic sacrifice and really wrecks All For Tomura in the process. Having her turn her own quirk into a weapon against AFO was clever and another well written twist by Horikoshi. I guess it that All For Tomura will get the Nomu to save him from the lasers and then give New Order to it.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Now this is a genuine good twist that Horikoshi keeps on doing and I keep forgetting to trust in him, putting himself in a corner that we think it can only ever end badly, and then turning it around somehow. Star and Stripe dying and losing her Quirk now is still sad, but her getting to go out in a blaze of glory as a monstrous vestige that tears apart AFO from the inside, including destroying some Quirks, is incredibly satisfying. We get the bittersweetness of her thinking about All Might and her pilots as she's dying, while also get the gleefulness that she's the only one other than All Might to get AFO to actually lose his composure. And now this just leads into even more interesting places this can go, will she end up end up finally separating Tomura and AFO? Will she end up destroying most, if not all, of the extra Quirks within Shigaraki? If he does manage to get rid of New Order, who does he give it to? Really exciting to see what's next. *salutes Cathleen Bate*
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I love that this is basically a reverse of the outcome that most readers dreaded, at least partly so. Most of us feared that he'd get a quirk so busted that it'd take some real deus ex machina for the cast to win against him. But instead Star and Stripe is weakening the little **** with her final breath. What a freaking power play.

It is REALLY sad that we won't get to see more of Star or her interacting with the rest of the cast, because that would've been just fun. But this works too. I wonder just how much of a reset this will be for "All For Shigaraki". Will he be left with just Decay and All For One, and possibly Shigaraki's enhanced physical stats since that isn't a quirk. Or will he be better off than that.

But yeah, who he forces New Order onto will be a major point in the story going forward. Can't wait to see where that goes.

Until then. *salutes Cathleen Bate*
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Star gets a heroic sacrifice and really wrecks All For Tomura in the process. Having her turn her own quirk into a weapon against AFO was clever and another well written twist by Horikoshi. I guess it that All For Tomura will get the Nomu to save him from the lasers and then give New Order to it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Giving it to the Nomu is a definite possibility. It's a mostly mindless creature to it'll pose less of a threat, especially if the heroes capture it. That way the quirk is in a kinda of limbo since only All For Shigaraki has the means of moving it around while the heroes keep watch over the New Order Nomu. While also giving the villains another target.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I love that this is basically a reverse of the outcome that most readers dreaded, at least partly so. Most of us feared that he'd get a quirk so busted that it'd take some real deus ex machina for the cast to win against him. But instead Star and Stripe is weakening the little **** with her final breath. What a freaking power play.

It is REALLY sad that we won't get to see more of Star or her interacting with the rest of the cast, because that would've been just fun. But this works too. I wonder just how much of a reset this will be for "All For Shigaraki". Will he be left with just Decay and All For One, and possibly Shigaraki's enhanced physical stats since that isn't a quirk. Or will he be better off than that.

But yeah, who he forces New Order onto will be a major point in the story going forward. Can't wait to see where that goes.

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Giving it to the Nomu is a definite possibility. It's a mostly mindless creature to it'll pose less of a threat, especially if the heroes capture it. That way the quirk is in a kinda of limbo since only All For Shigaraki has the means of moving it around while the heroes keep watch over the New Order Nomu. While also giving the villains another target.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That depends on whether or not one of the quirks that gets blown up is All For One or not - if she got that one before dying....damn...
    end of spoilers
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    spoilers:
    That depends on whether or not one of the quirks that gets blown up is All For One or not - if she got that one before dying....damn...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    All For One and Decay are way too important to the narrative to get taken out by this, admittedly awesome, last ditch effort, and All For Shigaraki will most likely protect them with his dying breath, especially the AFO quirk.

Granted, we do know that All For One's original body has a copy of the AFO quirk. But I still feel certain that those two quirks are still gonna be with him after this.
    end of spoilers

[QUOTE=Gray Lensman;5815013]spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I betting All For Tomura will try anything to stop All For One from being destroyed.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I like that they also throw in that AFO purposefully messed with **** overseas in order to delay Star and Stripe's arrival because he knew her working with Midoriya would basically be game over for him, so it makes it more tragic that it never happened.

I personally hope this ends with him losing ALL of the Quirks except for Decay and All For One, since it would be very interesting to see Shigaraki have to start from scratch to steal extra Quirks, though I imagine we'll probably get something closer to him having like 10 or so left. I'm also incredibly curious to see if this would lead to conflict with the original All For One, because he still has all the Quirks in his body, so there could potentially be "All For Tomura" trying to steal them back again from him.

This is also something we already knew about, but I like the added confirmation that all the vestiges we see in both the AFO and OFA mindspaces are the Quirks manifested as their original users. Tomura and AFO representing Decay and AFO (and fighting over who's the dominant spot), Star as New Order, and then all the shadows as all the other stolen Quirks. It also re-explains why All Might looks like a weird shadow in the OFA world, it's because he's Quirkless so he never had a Quirk to take form like all the others (though that does make me wonder if potentially, the user of the Power Stockpiling Quirk AFO gave Yoichi is somewhere in the OFA realm).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do feel like the Nomu being given New Order probably makes the most sense, because why the hell would it still be alive (unless maybe to fly him away to escape)? I'm sorry, but that Near High-End got slapped by the giant air visage, burned by the giant laser sword, and then got a nuke dropped on it, and STILL survived, that is WAY WORSE than what Endeavor did to Hood, so yeah, that Nomu should be DEAD. There's also yeah, the question of what the Nomu could even do with New Order to begin with.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I do feel like the Nomu being given New Order probably makes the most sense, because why the hell would it still be alive (unless maybe to fly him away to escape)? I'm sorry, but that Near High-End got slapped by the giant air visage, burned by the giant laser sword, and then got a nuke dropped on it, and STILL survived, that is WAY WORSE than what Endeavor did to Hood, so yeah, that Nomu should be DEAD. There's also yeah, the question of what the Nomu could even do with New Order to begin with.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It can't to anything with New Order, that's the point. All for Tomura just wants a way to get out of his body, he doesn't care what happens to the new user, after all he was thinking of giving it to one of the pilots, just to get rid of it.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I like that they also throw in that AFO purposefully messed with **** overseas in order to delay Star and Stripe's arrival because he knew her working with Midoriya would basically be game over for him, so it makes it more tragic that it never happened.

I personally hope this ends with him losing ALL of the Quirks except for Decay and All For One, since it would be very interesting to see Shigaraki have to start from scratch to steal extra Quirks, though I imagine we'll probably get something closer to him having like 10 or so left. I'm also incredibly curious to see if this would lead to conflict with the original All For One, because he still has all the Quirks in his body, so there could potentially be "All For Tomura" trying to steal them back again from him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do wonder if we'll get to see those overseas allies or if they'll just run interference for the other international heroes to explain why they don't appear. Sadly, a team up between Deku and Star and Stripe will have to be left for fanfiction stories.

A hard reset to "just" Decay and All For One could very well be the most interesting outcome here since it's still a terribly dangerous combination, but he won't be able to just pull some randomly perfect quirk for any given situation out of nowhere. It would also be nice symbolically of Tomura and AFO's inner battle, I'm imaging a scene where they move to steal a suitable quirk from some hero but end up using Decay instead thus messing up the intended plan. Or how about a scenario where the All For One aspect starts turning on Shigaraki's allies just to get some extra fire power for himself. There's lots of fun possibilities here if he's stuck with "just" Decay and All For One.

And surely, if All For Shigaraki has more than two of those quirks remaining it'll be nine. Just for the thematic resonance.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I do wonder if we'll get to see those overseas allies or if they'll just run interference for the other international heroes to explain why they don't appear. Sadly, a team up between Deku and Star and Stripe will have to be left for fanfiction stories.

A hard reset to "just" Decay and All For One could very well be the most interesting outcome here since it's still a terribly dangerous combination, but he won't be able to just pull some randomly perfect quirk for any given situation out of nowhere. It would also be nice symbolically of Tomura and AFO's inner battle, I'm imaging a scene where they move to steal a suitable quirk from some hero but end up using Decay instead thus messing up the intended plan. Or how about a scenario where the All For One aspect starts turning on Shigaraki's allies just to get some extra fire power for himself. There's lots of fun possibilities here if he's stuck with "just" Decay and All For One.

And surely, if All For Shigaraki has more than two of those quirks remaining it'll be nine. Just for the thematic resonance.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I like the idea of both AFO and Tomura screwing each other over with their quirks, especially as they are both (largely) touch based
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I like the idea of both AFO and Tomura screwing each other over with their quirks, especially as they are both (largely) touch based
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Sadly I think with this chapter, where Star ends up being Decayed and having her Quirk stolen at the same time, de-confirms the theory about the two fighting over which Quirk to use, since it shows they can just use both. However, I do think AFO and Shigaraki screwing over each other with accidental/intentional sabotage is definitely where I think this needs to go. There has to be a point where they more clearly disagree on a decision, beyond simply who wants to be in charge of fighting, like you mentioned, if AFO decides to use one of the League members in a way Shigaraki doesn't, that'd be good to see.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    "All For Shigaraki" escapes the battlefield by taking the Wing Quirk from the remains of the Nomu. He stumbles upon a criminal named Kashiko and attempts to give him New Order to preserve it, but the Star and Stripe vestige ends up being destroyed and fading away after revolting against most of his Quirks. As she declares that their heroism will always prevail, deep within Tomura and All For One, Tenko Shimura surrounded by hands, calls out to Izuku Midoriya. Due to Star's death, the other nations pull back from aiding Japan, however the pilots are still able to give the Heroes all the data collected from the fight. All Might tells Midoriya and Class 1-A they have a week until Shigaraki is complete again.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's very weird to me that they would introduce a new character, and even name them, preparing to give them New Order, only for it to then disappear. Makes me really wonder what this Kashiko guy is meant to be involved with next, if anything. Though that page with Star's skull fading away against Tomura and AFO is genuinely excellent, and followed immediately by the incredibly interesting and striking image of Tenko surrounded by the hands. This set-up is really feeling like a hard confirmation we're going to get a big vestige spirit battle that will culminate in Midoriya saving the "Tenko" within. Now where it goes right after, that's anyone's guess.

With the deadline pushed back once again, I'm still hoping they are able to spread everything out to give some time to all the remaining plot and character stuff so they aren't rushing to the end. I feel like they need, at the very least, one kind of low-key 20~ chapter arc that resolves most of the little things before getting to the "Final War" arc: like all the remaining reunions and the rest of the OFA/AFO backstory we haven't gotten yet.

Also, Tomura with gigantic black wings is awesome as hell and I hope he keeps it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    What's the point of having a deadline if you are going to push it back. The deadline never worked as there was never a sense of urgency from the characters. Also we still have the whole Todoroki family plot to deal with, so all Horokoshi has done is just put himself under pressure.

The whole named crook is strange along with the vestige battle between Star and AFO that accompanies it. It seems that either AFO managed to overpower the Star vestige or he did transfer the quirk over.
    end of spoilers