View Poll Results: Who would you like to see more of in this modern X-Men era?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jubilee

32 32.99%
  • Chamber

35 36.08%
  • Monet St. Croix

44 45.36%
  • Synch

33 34.02%
  • Husk

50 51.55%
  • Skin

30 30.93%
  • Penance/Hollow

22 22.68%
  • Mondo

18 18.56%
  • Blink

30 30.93%
  • Kid Omega

7 7.22%
  • Eye-Boy

6 6.19%
  • Bling!

15 15.46%
  • Nature Girl

8 8.25%
  • Hindsight

8 8.25%
  • Morph

13 13.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

They need to explain Hollow from Loners. I miss that series.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Maybe Monet spent so much time with Penance that it imprinted on her. Her brother and and sisters are easily able to merge with one another but also as a side effect of all the time she spent in Penance she has a residual ability to merge into Penance form??? Maybe? Kinda like Rogue but it isn't instantaneous and it could take years of a bond to create this kind of a phenomenon with her powers.

I also like this theory that those little Penance's were a hole changelings.

The real Penance is still out there (cue X-Files theme).

Maybe Penance is really the St.Croix mom who ended up getting stuck in her Penance form from all of her essence being drained by Marius. That would make sense why Monet was able to merge with her.
    I really hope the real Penance is out there, but just in case she's not, you seem to have a lot of nice, crazy theories that could turn out to be true, lol. Penance being the mom would be soooo crazy, I'd rather have her be a secret half-sister or something, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Well, wasn't it explained that Proteus accidentally gave Laura an andamantium skeleton because he assumed all "Wolverines" had one? That could be a No-Prize explanation for Monet/Penance, if no canon one is ever given. He made a mistake.
    Lol, nice. XD So you're saying Proteus was also so confused by the whole Monet/Penance thing that he decided to give Monet the power to become Penance at will like "Weren't you able to do that already?? Aren't you the same being??"

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They need to explain Hollow from Loners. I miss that series.
    Agreed so much. Hollow & Phil Urich just ran off at the end, then Phil ended up alone in the Spider-Man comics... >.< They could explain Hollow the same time they explain what's going on with Monet-Penance. :P

================================

So guys, I just had a weird thought, maybe I'm not the only one wondering:

What if this variant cover is SPOILING who won the Hellfire Gala 2022 vote?

This comic comes out in July, whereas the Hellfire Gala one-shot to decide the next X-Men member is in June.

Most of the other mutants on that cover are hardcore X-Men members of ages past or present.

And I know Monet was an X-Men in the past, too, but... her presence just seems super-random next to the likes of Jean, Storm, Cyke, and Wolvie, unless she's also an X-Men in July 2022.

The description of the series says, "But with Krakoan security/tech compromised, you can bet Wolverine and the X-Men won’t be far behind!"

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/04/13/ms...l-wolverine-1/

Soo.... that's just my (hopeful) fan theory. And yes, I know Armor's there, too. It's 3 AM, so I'm not going to try to fit that into my theory. ;P
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-17-2022 at 12:06 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Lol, nice. XD So you're saying Proteus was also so confused by the whole Monet/Penance thing that he decided to give Monet the power to become Penance at will like "Weren't you able to do that already?? Aren't you the same being??"
    Sure! Many readers are probably still confused to this day, so why not the in-story characters!

Of course we still would have to think of why Monet wouldn’t be upset by the “addition.” Wasn’t Hickman quoted as saying Monet was one of his favorite characters? Why didn’t he ever feature her? Would he have eventually, had he stayed longer?

Sure! Many readers are probably still confused to this day, so why not the in-story characters!

Of course we still would have to think of why Monet wouldn’t be upset by the “addition.” Wasn’t Hickman quoted as saying Monet was one of his favorite characters? Why didn’t he ever feature her? Would he have eventually, had he stayed longer?
    True, haha.

Yeah, I don't know why Hickman didn't do more with Monet-Penance. It's like he had his fun (her great entrance in HoX), then he was done.

As for why it doesn't bother Monet at the moment, didn't they imply that they block unpleasant memories during the resurrection process to make everyone on Krakoa happier? Something about blocking past trauma. That'd definitely apply to Monet's feelings about Penance. I think it was in that issue where Nightcrawler was debating whether he should start a mutant religion.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Incredible Member

And again Armor gets a chance to shine, no respect for Cece, Skids, Unuscion or even Unus or Indra.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    And again Armor gets a chance to shine, no respect for Cece, Skids, Unuscion or even Unus or Indra.
    Yeah, I really don't understand the Armor love at all. She's had so many chances already. I guess they just like using her power set in stories.
    Prεtty Pεnny

I dont think that cover has anything to do with who will be in Duggan's X-men book. The only cast members there are Scott and Jean. Wolverine and Storm arent on his team and arent going to be. The writer may just like Armor and M and might use them (or might not as its just a variant cover)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think that cover has anything to do with who will be in Duggan's X-men book. The only cast members there are Scott and Jean. Wolverine and Storm arent on his team and arent going to be. The writer may just like Armor and M and might use them (or might not as its just a variant cover)
    That's true, there's lots of possibilities! I just hope it's not just cover bait. We can typically expect that from A-Listers, but if it's someone like M or Armor, you tend to think they must really appear in the story at some point.

Meanwhile...

That podcast I mentioned before has finally done an episode devoted to Sean Cassidy:

Episode 074: Sean Cassidy (feat. Thom Dunn): https://www.connorgoldsmith.com/cerebro

Here's a little Krakoa Gen X reunion, courtesy of fanart:

https://screenrant.com/generation-x-...-fan-art-xmen/

Also, have y'all seen the Welcome to Krakoa Fanart Poster from Steven Gerdts?

https://www.stevengerdts.com/xfanpro...-krakoa-poster

I've managed to spot Chamber, Synch, Skin, Husk, Jubilee, Shogo, Mondo, Monet (giving her two cents), Penance Twins, Leech, Banshee, Siryn, Emma Frost (twice!), Blink, Nature Girl, and Bling!, though I'm sure there are many more that are known to Generation X fans. Click on the picture for full view.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 04-17-2022 at 06:26 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    While Unuscione and Cecelia are my favorite force-fielders, Armor does have a great visual with that giant force-field-mech thing like the dude from Young Justice (Tye Longshadow?).

Indra I refuse to accept as joining the ubiquitous army of force-field-armor-and-weapons people with Psylocke, Quentin and the FF ladies. He had purple pangolin powers. That was unique!

Omg that OG-GenX fanart is everything.

Ultimate Member

Tangentally related to Generation X, since he was one of their baddies, I am curious as to what Emplate/Marius St. Croix is up to, on Krakoa. Supposedly he's working with Selene on both sipping lightly on the mutant-energy-drain feed that's keeping Krakoa itself fed, while also keeping an eye on it to make sure that Krakoa doesn't just up and eat everyone one day 'cause he's got the munchies. But I've seen nothing of him, and Selene at least three times, plus Monet is around and doing stuff.

I'm curious as to whether or not Marius might have actually been seen, but be totally unrecognized, because, like Monet, he has an alternate form. She can become Penance and be all obviously mutant-y, or she can appear as a hot babe. Perhaps we've only seen Marius in his 'obviously mutant-y' form, and he *also* has a 'hot babe' form, and might have been seen in the distance once or twice and mistaken by the readers for Sunspot or Jetstream or someone with a vaguely similar appearance (from a distance).

Also, Marius seemed to need not just psychic energy, like Krakoa, but also bone marrow, specifically, so it would be interesting to see where he's scoring that. Kevin/Proteus is using up and discarding host bodies probably at least weekly, if not more, depending on the demands on the resurrection queue that day (Wolverine probably takes more out of him than most, reality manipulating all that adamantium into place, for instance). The bone marrow in those bodies is just gonna get turned into fertilizer anyway, so it would make sense for Marius to wander by every now and then and see if Proteus is 'done' with a body, and he can have a nibble before it goes into the compost heap.

Emplate and Proteus could bond over being the former predatory X-foes, who used to have to kill just to survive, who now have actual *jobs* and productive, even necessary, roles, in mutant society!

Or he could still be a dick (or be whipped by Selene!). Whichever seems most fun, from a writing perspective, I imagine.

This is Marius’s “hot babe” form:

9475030B-F871-4074-84E0-C048CCBE6D51.jpg

With the stipulation that no current artist would remember/think/know to reference back to this if one were to ever draw him, of course...

Omg that OG-GenX fanart is everything.
    Duuuude I know right!!!!
    This is Marius’s “hot babe” form:

9475030B-F871-4074-84E0-C048CCBE6D51.jpg

With the stipulation that no current artist would remember/think/know to reference back to this if one were to ever draw him, of course...
    Ugh I hope they do tho
    GrindrStone(D)

Vincente, Bulwark, Murmur, Wrap, and Nocturne (Bridget Warner) would make great additions to the team if out of Emplate's control.

Derrick Beacon too.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 04-19-2022 at 08:14 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Vincente, Emplate, Bulwark, Murmur, Wrap, and Nocturne (Bridget Warner) would make great additions to the team if out of Emplate's control.

Derrick Beacon too.
    Is the Sextant in the Akademus Habitat still a thing? Ayala have not even mention it, and everyone is wering the New Mutants uniform. We only got glimpse of it in Brisson's run with the MLF and some cameo from the Hellions. According to Hickman's run the Generation X had one of the houses, since Chamber and Mondo were with the NM and Monet, Synch, Husk and Blink were in other teams, who was part of that group? Only Skin? Gaia?