Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Newsarama: SUPERGIRL Gets Fresh Start In October, New Love Interest, But No Red Ring

Interview with Bedard from yesterday:

http://www.newsarama.com/21872-super...-red-ring.html

Looks like things might be looking up.

BANNED

The Red Ring, much like Murderous Superboy, and Superman turning into Doomsday, was the result of a very bad editor for the Superman line.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    The Red Ring, much like Murderous Superboy, and Superman turning into Doomsday, was the result of a very bad editor for the Superman line.
    QFT.

Now that the Red Lantern crap is over, I'll start picking this book up again. Let's see if Bedard can actually deliver on making Kara a more likeable person. But no one's ever going to convince me that having Kara join a gang of murderous psychos was in any way necessary for her to grow.

I do like the ideas he's talking about now. I will say that. Giving Kara friends and a supporting cast should help a lot. Between this book and the JLU, Kara may actually be on her way toward FINALLY being the Kara I actually want to spend my money on.

Definitely like that line Bedard says about wanting Kara to be "aspirational." That's very true. That's why I don't accept the Red ring crap and all the other angsty crap with Kara. Supergirl is supposed to inspire young girls to overcome their problems. She's not supposed to surrender to her problems and let them rule her.

So, you seem to be on the right track (now) Mr. Bedard. Now let's see if you can deliver.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    YES.

Supergirl could have another costume for october.

so she will have a love interest and red hood is attracted to her...just do not make a twilight with that

Ultimate Member

To be fair, if Jason's relationship with that woman (Isabel) in RHATO is any indication, he's not that kind of guy. If anything, he seems to be rather awkward/unsure of himself around them (probably due to lack of experience). Oh and can we please change her damn costume already. Seriously, it's godawful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    To be fair, if Jason's relationship with that woman (Isabel) in RHATO is any indication, he's not that kind of guy. If anything, he seems to be rather awkward/unsure of himself around them (probably due to lack of experience). Oh and can we please change her damn costume already. Seriously, it's godawful.
    exactly the reason why i think he'd be an ideal change of pace for kara.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I used to be vehemently against Kara and Jason.

I'm still not ready to embrace it quite yet, but after seeing how much Jason is starting to change recently, I'd be willing to at least give it a try. Seeing Jason hug Barbara in Batman Eternal, and seeing how much he did care about Isabel and stuff? Yeah, maybe he could do right by Kara after all.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

BTW, could someone please refresh my memory. What issue was it where Jason mentions being attracted to Kara again?

BANNED

I was talking with sterling gates on twitter, and I agree with him; create a new love interest for kara instead of grabing the first bad boy they can find.

even if Jason got better or whatever (i won't read red hood not even free), they have a difference on experience and age

BTW, could someone please refresh my memory. What issue was it where Jason mentions being attracted to Kara again?
    No issue, it was in the interview that bedard said that.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 08-15-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Ultimate Member

That's what makes it potentially interesting. The differences.

Could it be that this Michael character is the new love interest?

Ultimate Member

Potentially. It sort of hard to tell at this point. Personally, I like the idea of her having a somewhat stable love interest. She hasn't really had that for as long as I can remember.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 08-15-2014 at 08:34 AM.

BANNED

That's what makes it potentially interesting. The differences.
    when I said it about my pairing it's a disaster, but about Supergirl and jason is interesting. I don't think it is interesting for her because: her age, her inexperience. I'm tired of the old cliche: older more experienced men with younger and inexperienced girls

Ultimate Member

Jason isn't that much older than her, and his experience with women seems limited (judging by his interactions with them in the past). You're stretching it there. And comic books are basically 20-25 pages of clichés anyway, this is just one of the least offensive of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    when I said it about my pairing it's a disaster, but about Supergirl and jason is interesting. I don't think it is interesting for her because: her age, her inexperience. I'm tired of the old cliche: older more experienced men with younger and inexperienced girls
    It isn't really that cliche. He isn't that much more experienced. Another way to look at it, super powered girl, human male falling in love.