Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What the heck is up with Frog-man??

Can't Marvel keep things straight with this character? I mean, he's a good guy, right?

So why is it one minute he's being arrested in Jessica Jones, or seen in The Bar With No Name, or fighting with a bunch of villains against Kraven, and now I'm seeing him in ASM #69 working for the Foreigner?

What's going on? Marvel, he's a good guy. You know, like he is in current issues of Iron Man?

Just getting a bit annoyed with the lack of continuity these days.

There are shades of green in everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk Tray Man View Post
    There are shades of green in everyone.
    *cough*

*dog barking in the background*

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    Can't Marvel keep things straight with this character? I mean, he's a good guy, right?

So why is it one minute he's being arrested in Jessica Jones, or seen in The Bar With No Name, or fighting with a bunch of villains against Kraven, and now I'm seeing him in ASM #69 working for the Foreigner?

What's going on? Marvel, he's a good guy. You know, like he is in current issues of Iron Man?

Just getting a bit annoyed with the lack of continuity these days.
    There's actually two characters. Frog-Man is the hero that is currently helping Iron Man. His father is Leap-Frog and he's the villain from the recent Spider-Man storyline, and others.

Since when is his father acting as Leap-Frog again, though? What issue was this in?

Pretty sure this is just Marvel not keeping track of what their writers are doing.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I happen to see the Marvel Legends Frog Man the other day at Target. Now I'm tempted to buy it.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-25-2021 at 09:12 PM.

I wouldn't worry about Frog-Man, it's only a matter of time before Sony give him a stand-alone movie!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    Since when is his father acting as Leap-Frog again, though? What issue was this in?

Pretty sure this is just Marvel not keeping track of what their writers are doing.
    The father who became Leap-Frog, happened way back in like 2004 or so.

Astonishing Member

Eugene Patilio has one Frog Man suit he uses as a hero. He is last seen in the current Iron Man title.

But there is more than one suit. Buford Lange had a suit and appeared as a villain in Daredevil and Wolverine. People like Roderich Kingsley also sell supervillain equipment and costumes on the black market.

Would love to see Frog Man and Action Pak !
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I wouldn't worry about Frog-Man, it's only a matter of time before Sony give him a stand-alone movie!
    A villain in a frog suit has a son who grows up with the idea to become a hero and redeem the family's honor wearing a second frog suit? That is seriously comedy movie gold with the right actors.

Starring Patton Oswalt and Ethan Cutkosky with Jane Lynch as Mom. You're gonna need a truck to carry away all dem Oscars.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    A villain in a frog suit has a son who grows up with the idea to become a hero and redeem the family's honor wearing a second frog suit? That is seriously comedy movie gold with the right actors.

Starring Patton Oswalt and Ethan Cutkosky with Jane Lynch as Mom. You're gonna need a truck to carry away all dem Oscars.
    If it were done in a Mystery Men manner, meaning the characters who are literally at street level, eating in diners while debating the A-list heroes, working crap day jobs/living w. their parents/trying to justify their actions to their spouses etc. then yeah, a silly ass concept like Frog-Man would rock!

Last edited by Riv86672; 09-24-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    If it were done in a Mystery Men manner, meaning the characters who are literally at street level, eating in diners while debating the A-list heroes, working crap day jobs/living w. their parents/trying to justify their actions to their spouses etc. then yeah, a silly ass concept like Frog-Man would rock!

I think it obviously needs to be comical and street level. The only possible questions concern how cool to make the leaping effects.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I think it obviously needs to be comical and street level. The only possible questions concern how cool to make the leaping effects.
    I think the leaping effects would blow ppl away if done right.

Even the silliest seeming powers look fantastic if a special effects team thinks them through.
    I mean, look at Ant Man. Or Polka Dot Man.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    There's actually two characters. Frog-Man is the hero that is currently helping Iron Man. His father is Leap-Frog and he's the villain from the recent Spider-Man storyline, and others.
    Isn’t Vincent Patello retired? I think FrogMan (OP) may be right. Marvel editorial should have realized someone would notice this and question it. Eugene is doing great in Iron Man. This unnamed Leap-Frog kind of makes him and Cantwell look bad for two reasons. Eugene is restoring the family honor and Cantwell is using Eugene in a serious hero role.

I’m loving all the villains that have been in ASM. Spencer pretty much used a ton. I’m curious who this unnamed Leap-Frog is now. Spencer may not have any idea what Cantwell is doing and vice versa. I’m glad to see the frogs getting some air time. Wish someone would give Roger some air time now that he’s been tossed out of Spider-Woman.