Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I saw a group complaining that Matrix sequels had too many non-white characters/ too much diversity as their reason for hating the matrix sequels. I can only hope other sequel haters have different reasons.
    I hope most other Matrix sequels haters share my reasons instead of those. My reasons for disliking the sequels? It was too damn confusing! I distinctly remember at the end of the movies wondering what the heck just happened and why did that happen? Can't speak for others, but for me it was just a convoluted mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I totally forgot about the Animatrix!

And they might want to wait to see how well the new movie does before greenlighting anything. Also, unless they get Keanu in it is there even a point in a Matrix streaming series?
    The science-fiction world of the Matrix has countless avenues that a series could explore. And if Hollywood could greenlight The Continental streaming series from the John Wick Franchise, then they could also greenlight a Matrix series as well.

We need to have a Matrix series centered on the Exiled programs of the Matrix. Like the Vamps, Lupines, Witches and, Ghosts of the Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    The science-fiction world of the Matrix has countless avenues that a series could explore. And if Hollywood could greenlight The Continental streaming series from the John Wick Franchise, then they could also greenlight a Matrix series as well.

We need to have a Matrix series centered on the Exiled programs of the Matrix. Like the Vamps, Lupines, Witches and, Ghosts of the Matrix.
    I really don't see the appeal without the movie stars/characters, never mind any future movies would and should ignore a series not everyone who watches the movies would watch. The Continental is different because none of it would inform any possible future John Wick movies (I've yet to see John Wick 3 though, keep in mind).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    In the game didn't Neo get resurrected into the body of a comatose woman named Sarah Edmonston (an anagram of Thomas Anderson)? And I guess the guy at the end could be an Oligarch.

I initially thought that this is essentially Matrix Online 2: The Theatrical Version lol which would explain what happened to Morpheus, but its kinda obscure. Obscure could equal new, though so...hard to say. I'm here either way, very excited.
    I kinda hope that if they do bring up the events of Matrix Online they go into some details. It's not like everyone played that game.

I find it hard to believe that they would even try to make the events of that game canon.

Its additional material and likely a niche product to boot.

Soooo I'm not a matrix fan by any means....ive seen all 3(?) Movies my enjoyment decreasing with each sequel... That being said I recently saw the trailer for the upcoming matrix and it. Looks. Preeeetty badass lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Nice trailer. Too bad no Hugo Weaving, I'd love to see him back in some capacity.

So far I've liked all three Matrix movies, they pretty much sit at around the same level of quality for me.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Speaking of Matrix, i re-watched the two first movies this weekend at work (long story) and boy, i didn't remember that the second one was that bad. Well, i did remember that it was no masterpiece but damn...

But i sure as hell enjoyed watching again the first one who's still to this day one of my best theater experience. It was such a blast watching it for the first time back then.

The acting though. I actually laughed out loud listening how some lines are delivered. And not just Keanu, you kinda expect that from him so no surprise here, but almost everyone comes off as overacting a bit.

Direction i guess.

Anyway, i'm ready for the next movie lol. (yeah i know that there is a third movie but i had no patience left after Reloaded)
    Last edited by Starter Set; 09-13-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So far I've liked all three Matrix movies, they pretty much sit at around the same level of quality for me.
    Yes, the most surprising thing I've learned from this trailer is this apparent division among some Matrix fans or general moviegoers over the sequels. While I think the first film is maybe a little better than the sequels, I see them as around the same level as well. All feel really essential, with none being a radical departure from the rest.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Speaking of Matrix, i re-watched the two first movies this weekend at work (long story) and boy, i didn't remember that the second one was that bad. Well, i did remember that it was no masterpiece but damn...

But i sure as hell enjoyed watching again the first one who's still to this day one of my best theater experience. It was such a blast watching it for the first time back then.

The acting though. I actually laughed out loud listening how some lines are delivered. And not just Keanu, you kinda expect that from him so no surprise here, but almost everyone comes off as overacting a bit.

Direction i guess.

Anyway, i'm ready for the next movie lol. (yeah i know that there is a third movie but i had no patience left after Reloaded)
    The only saving grace of Matrix Reloaded was the return of Gloria Foster as the Oracle and the Car Chase scene.

The rest of it was padding, padding, padding.

Reloaded introduced way too many new faces for me to care about.

The only saving grace of Matrix Reloaded was the return of Gloria Foster as the Oracle and the Car Chase scene.

The rest of it was padding, padding, padding.

Reloaded introduced way too many new faces for me to care about.
    What, you didn't care about Exposition Guy, or the Kid who was introduced in a game, a comic, or maybe The Animatrix or something?

It's way too bloated and has no serious pacing issues, plus trying to keep Neo as protagonist after making him all-powerful. I guess when you have an omnipotent hero the only place left to go is the Dune route where they're actually not in control of their own destiny, which is probably why they have the whole bit with the architect explaining that the One is not a magic boy as we thought, but rather just another designed control mechanism of the Matrix. Not sure that quite worked though, and we never really got answers on why Neo could sense and control machines "outside" of the Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    the only place left to go is the Dune route where they're actually not in control of their own destiny
    Hmm? Curious interpretation. Paul chooses to become that messiah figures, fully knowing the consequences and the billions of death it was going to cost. As he chooses NOT to follow the Golden Path. And Leto 2 in turn do takes the decision to follow that path, once again fully knowing all the horrors of it and having other options.

They are actually way more in control of the events that any regular Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Hmm? Curious interpretation. Paul chooses to become that messiah figures, fully knowing the consequences and the billions of death it was going to cost. As he chooses NOT to follow the Golden Path. And Leto 2 in turn do takes the decision to follow that path, once again fully knowing all the horrors of it and having other options.

They are actually way more in control of the events that any regular Joe.
    I mean more in the first novel, he can see where everything is leading and tries everything he can to mitigate it, but he's just going down the funnel of his precognition. Also, there's the concept that the Messiah myth has been seeded on multiple worlds by the Bene Gesserit for them to use in times of need, plus the actual fact of the breeding programme trying to create someone with Paul's abilities. It looks like the supernatural or mysticism, but it's all just part of a plan.

I was thinking about the release date an idea popped into my mind:

Do you think that Santa Clause exists in the Matrix? And if yes, do you think that he is a program, an agent or just some bluepill?

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II decrypts the 'different iteration' of Morpheus in The Matrix Resurrections

"I play a character who's definitely aware of the history of the Matrix [and] the history of Morpheus," he says. "This character is on a journey of self-discovery. There's a lot in our story that's about growth, defining your own path. Morpheus isn't exempt from that."
    https://ew.com/movies/yahya-abdul-ma...-the-matrix-4/

I was thinking about the release date an idea popped into my mind:

Do you think that Santa Clause exists in the Matrix? And if yes, do you think that he is a program, an agent or just some bluepill?
    It's a program from one of the previous iterations of the Matrix. He either rewards people for being bluepills or hunt out people who are becoming self-aware to the Matrix.

That's how I'd pitch it if they'd ask me .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-18-2021 at 09:45 AM.