Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Avengers: Enter the Phoenix (Thoughts?)

I’m just curious what everyone thinks about the current Avengers storyline. I personally feel like it’s being treated as a throwaway story. There is so much potential here but the lack of depth leaves the story feeling very shallow. Part of the problem for me is the choice of characters. I was so excited by the premise when details were released but this all feels like a huge missed opportunity. This story should have been a story closer in scope to King in Black.

What are your thoughts?

Anyone else think Jane Foster will be the host of the Phoenix when the dust settles? Personally I expected Marvel to use the Phoenix to bring Jane Foster back after she died.

Extraordinary Member

Stoopit...

Yuck ruining yet even more classic xmen mythos...and I thought AvX was bad...yikes

can't tell yet if this arc is worse than the Celestial one.

it all depends on the next issue.

Absolute garbage.

It has convinced me that I won't be getting the next arc, Heroes Reborn, because this is just so bad. I hope Heroes Reborn will be the end of Aaron's run.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    It has convinced me that I won't be getting the next arc, Heroes Reborn, because this is just so bad. I hope Heroes Reborn will be the end of Aaron's run.
    It looks that way. Aaron certainly isn’t winning any popularity contests these days. I’m only getting Heroes Reborn because I always had a soft spot for the Squadron and Imperial Guard. I’m just hoping there is no permanent damage done to the characters.

Mighty Member

I have been enjoying it quite frankly primarily because of BP. Aaron's BP is the one that BP fans such as myself has been crying for ever since Hudlin left over 5 years ago. Ta-Nehisi Coates/TNC's BP run and treatment of Tchalla has b en painfully hurtful and insulting to say the least.

Aaron's BP in his Avengers has been pure hots-fire and brilliant.... As long as that maintains, I will continue to enjoy Aaron's avengers.

Mighty Member

When does Aaron's run on Avengers end? Has it been announced?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Haven't read it. But from the sounds of it, when the MCU goes mining for source material for the next big blockbuster or series, yep, they'll completely vault over this story arc like it never happened.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    When does Aaron's run on Avengers end? Has it been announced?

I'm kind of confused myself as to why people seem to think Aaron's run on the book is close to being over I think it's at least going to run until at least the end of the year.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm still recovering from Age of Khonshu. Y'all are the real heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I have been enjoying it quite frankly primarily because of BP. Aaron's BP is the one that BP fans such as myself has been crying for ever since Hudlin left over 5 years ago. Ta-Nehisi Coates/TNC's BP run and treatment of Tchalla has b en painfully hurtful and insulting to say the least.

Aaron's BP in his Avengers has been pure hots-fire and brilliant.... As long as that maintains, I will continue to enjoy Aaron's avengers.
    Yeah. Avengers is the only place to get good Captain America and Black Panther. Those books need new writers.
    "Cable was right!"

i'm okay with not hearing about the phoenix for 10 years. especially now that literally dozens of heroes and others have been the avatar. it's not special anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

Co-sign, all day for as Black Panther being written here by Aaron. As for tight story narratives, I think Aaron's coming loose at the seams. The concept of the Phoenix arc is lil bit janky! Where's the Vampire Nation story, now that has so much more potential.