Spectacular Member

Default Who has never written a Batman story who you would like to see get the chance?

Which writers have never done a Batman run or mini that you would like to see given the chance?

Some of my favorite writers don't necessarily scream "Batman" to me.

I'd like to see Jason Aaron do Batman (he did a Penguin one-shot once that was really good)

I wonder if Ed Brisson or Ben Percy could do a cool Batman story

I also wish Gail Simone had gotten a crack at Batman (I know she wrote Birds of Prey and Batgirl) but would have liked to see her on the main book.

Gwenda Bond. The writer of the Lois Lane YA novel trilogy. I loved her take on Superman's world pre-Superman, and the voice she gave Lois. I don't care if she's writing a YA Batman or Catwoman or one of the Robins or Batgirl, just give her an out of continuity corner of her own to do what she wants - I will buy it.

Lauren Myracle. She wrote the very poignant YA Catwoman OGN Under the Moon: A Catwoman Tale. I truly loved this story and world. Just let her expand on it. A sequel to Under the Moon, do a Batman origin, an Alfred story, I don't care, again whatever she wants to do I'm on board with it. I know it'll be unique and compelling. Again, I will buy it.

Ben Edlund.

I’d love to see his take on some of Bats’ rogues, like Riddler, Penguin, Firefly, Hugo Strange...

Gail Simone for sure. I'd like to see her with a run on the main title, she should have gotten a shot.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Gail Simone for sure. I'd like to see her with a run on the main title, she should have gotten a shot.
    Please no, especially current Simone.

Mighty Member

I'd read something Batman-y by Charles Soule or Chip Zdarsky. I enjoy both on DD, and that's a similar tone to what I like in my Batman.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Oh hey, I just discovered that Lauren Myracle also wrote a Mister Freeze and Nora origin/romance story I've somehow missed, so yay! Knowing that she's done two YA books now about Batman characters is promising. Loved her Catwoman, so definitely going to be giving this one a read in the near future.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Ben Edlund.

I’d love to see his take on some of Bats’ rogues, like Riddler, Penguin, Firefly, Hugo Strange...
    *eye widen in sudden, unexpected epiphany* I now NEED to see this.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Michael A. Stackpole - sofar is unfortunatly only written a Batman Roleplaying Game Source Book.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Has Stephen King... yes he did. Of course he did. The 80s right?

I haven't read anything long enough to know... oh you know what? Naoki Urasawa. Monster. Master Keaton. Gonna be amazing.

Wait have I answered this before? I feel like I've answered a question like this and gave the exact same answer.