Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Force Works. Could be home to a lot of former Avengers currently out of the picture. I always thought the original book had potential, and should have had a better chance, or another, to find it's own identity.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Force Works. Could be home to a lot of former Avengers currently out of the picture. I always thought the original book had potential, and should have had a better chance, or another, to find it's own identity.

Peace
    I know, right?! Back in the '90s, I really wanted to love this title and was ready to support it.
    But once Simon was taken out, my enthusiasm completely deflated.

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-24-2021 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Back in the '90s, I really wanted to love this title and was ready to support it.
    But once Simon was taken out, my enthusiasm completely deflated.

I LOVED WCA… One of my favorite series (Englehart was the best). I was all aboard for Force Works, but two things killed that. One: killing off Simon in issue one. Two: The art. I couldn’t stand the Jae Lee inspired art. Great for those that liked it, but I just couldn’t stomach it. I love Jae Lee’s art (with the right inker.. his Inhumans work was gorgeous) but I just didn’t like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I LOVED WCA… One of my favorite series (Englehart was the best). I was all aboard for Force Works, but two things killed that. One: killing off Simon in issue one. Two: The art. I couldn’t stand the Jae Lee inspired art. Great for those that liked it, but I just couldn’t stomach it. I love Jae Lee’s art (with the right inker.. his Inhumans work was gorgeous) but I just didn’t like this.
    I do admit that the art of the initial issues was not the most pleasing, however, more than the acquired taste that was Tom Tenny's art (Rey Garcia's overpowering inks had a lot to do with it looking so bad. If you check out Force Works Ashcan Edition, where he has another inker, you'll see his pencils had a much softer quality to them. But, unlike other seasoned professionals that came in later on, I think he was too green to figure out a way not to let Garcia's inks overpower his pencils), I think it was the lack of a solid, regular art team what did most harm to the book. I mean, it had quite a few great artists such as Paul Ryan, Jim Califore, Dave Ross and Jim Cheung, among others, but they always did only one or two issues before moving on, and another artist stepping in. The lack f a solid art team made the book feel like it was always in a state of flux, and lacking in identity. IMHO, of course.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 09-25-2021 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    A new Avenger West that has a membership from across the Avengers history. Led by Wasp (Jan).

The heroes are on the west coast for a variety of reasons when an earthquake hits. They rally behind Wasp's leadership to help save people during the catastrophe and find out that it was caused by a new Masters of Evil. They track them to Hydrobase that the Masters were able to get possession of after SHIELD fell. After they defeat the Masters they claim salvage rights on Hydro base and use it as their HQ.

Avengers West
    ----------------
    Wasp
    Tigra
    Living Lightning
    Justice
    Ultra Girl
    Blue Marvel
    Iron Patriot
    Tara/Invader-1
    Yes please
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

They need a new chance, free of all the editorially mandated garbage of the past
    In all day long for this
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Alpha Flight
    Inhumans (focusing on the Royal Family)
    Thunderbolts, with some of the original cast (Atlas, Mach X, Songbird)
    An Avengers book with all the B listers (Vision, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Wasp etc.)
    Stingray for EIC!

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    You could throw in Iron Patriot (Toni Ho) and Aikku Jokinen from Ewing's New/US Avengers, Water Snake and Hummingbird from the New Warriors and some other heroes from Avengers Academy/Initiative
    Hummingbird is a Champion now. Albeit only a Reinforcement Roster member (she was in Zub's #6 and Lore's #9).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Maybe I'm misremembering things, but I thought Force Works did get a new series???? Or was that one of the series that was cancelled due to the Covid economy?

Astonishing Member

Inhumans (Royals)
    S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Loki

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Maybe I'm misremembering things, but I thought Force Works did get a new series???? Or was that one of the series that was cancelled due to the Covid economy?
    There was a three issue mini-series a couple of years ago. The team was War Machine, Us.Agent, Mockingbird and Quake, if I'm not mistaken. It was tied to some event (don't quite recall which). I didn't deslike it (as much as I don"t like Quake), but it was hardly enough to scratch my itch.

Peace

There was a three issue mini-series a couple of years ago. The team was War Machine, Us.Agent, Mockingbird and Quake, if I'm not mistaken. It was tied to some event (don't quite recall which). I didn't deslike it (as much as I don"t like Quake), but it was hardly enough to scratch my itch.

Peace
    Was the event called Iron Man 2020?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Was the event called Iron Man 2020?
    Yeah, Iron Man 2020 in the actual year 2020 . . . which was a lot more of a letdown than it should have been.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

They need a new chance, free of all the editorially mandated garbage of the past
    Always & forever.

My dream team for these would be Ewing + the Allreds.

They need to be put back onto team books to garner interest. Then perhaps an Inhumans book. The Royal Inhumans at this point should be there but not the main focus.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume