Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The Characters created for "New Age of Heroes".

I have no vested interest in either of these characters but....

Azrael & Anarky have been pretty much rubbed out of the Batman world these days....so I can't forsee anything coming down the pipeline for either of them in the near future.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

SO MANY!!!

Aztek
    Vibe
    The Spectre
    Azrael
    Section 8
    Tempest
    Argus
    Darkstars
    Eclipso
    Guy Gardner
    Kyle Rayner
    Impulse
    Vixen
    Plastic Man
    The Ray
    Secret Six
    Starman
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Just thinking of stuff I'd buy;

Kate Spencer's Manhunter (solo)
    Oracle
    Birds of Prey
    Cameron Chase
    Captain Comet
    I, Vampire
    Walker Gabriel's Chronos
    Breach
    Power Girl

I think it's highly unlikely Captain Atom is getting a book anytime soon. That is a character DC really doesn't seem to understand.

And just for fun - Hardcore Station. I have no idea why I remember buying that miniseries in particular as I know absolutely nothing else about it.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Courtney's never even had her own series since she's taken up the Stargirl mantle. And there was a Starman prominently n the Justice League after she took up the Stargirl mantle, at a time when Johns had much, much more pull than he does now: Mikaal Tomas. They even brought back Will Payton in a large role in Snyder's Justice League in the build up to Death Metal.
    Neither of whom uses a cosmic rod.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Neither of whom uses a cosmic rod.
    Both were still Starman.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Courtney's never even had her own series since she's taken up the Stargirl mantle. And there was a Starman prominently n the Justice League after she took up the Stargirl mantle, at a time when Johns had much, much more pull than he does now: Mikaal Tomas. They even brought back Will Payton in a large role in Snyder's Justice League in the build up to Death Metal.
    None of them were cosmic-rod wielding Starmen, however.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Can just drop the name.
    Yeah, Legends of Tomorrow did just that, Isis is known as Zari Tomaz instead (her comics first name is Zari's middle name).
    True, Courtney's only solo series was the Stars and STRIPE book she debuted in. A Stargirl series has been announced though, in her recent one shot. Expect to see that solicited shortly.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    . . . True, Courtney's only solo series was the Stars and STRIPE book she debuted in. A Stargirl series has been announced though, in her recent one shot. Expect to see that solicited shortly.
    Can we define "shortly"?

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Vixen
    Plastic Man
    I'm certain we'll see both of these back as solo titles at some point. Plastic Man's too much of a classic iconic character and Vixen is just waiting for a big breakout moment in other media. I'd be more prone to put Black Lightning on the list than her (even though I'm sure we'll see another series for him, too).

Other characters I'm thinking of:

Mister Terrific (great character, name's a tough sell on the cover)
    Deadman (I don't know if modern readers appreciate the gimmick as much as readers at the time did)
    Arak - Son of Thunder (the other historical titles mentioned before reminded me of this book)
    Blue Devil (truly hope I'm wrong here, but they need to embrace the goofy nature/showbiz satire of the original run that made him unique in the first place)
    The Heckler
    Vext
    Hawkgirl (feels like her previous solo series was just trying to shake up things post-52 versus being something clamored for; likely bound for Hawkman supporting player or team books)
    Vigilante (Sadly, we'll likely never get another Saunders series and as far as the Adrian Chase/Pat Trayce versions of the character, I feel like the current take on Deathstroke has supplanted that role in the DCU)
    Black Condor (whichever version, too closely tied to Freedom Fighters to warrant a solo book again)
    Metamorpho (if he lands in a team book that seriously boosts his visibility, maybe, but the name and the look are so retro it could be off-putting to newer readers)
    Red Tornado (Hasn't been used beyond group shots since, when, his last mini? Short of a Vision style book, doubt folks would turn up for an emotionless android on a monthly basis)
    Most of Morrison's Seven Soldiers (with Zatanna and Frankenstein being the two exceptions)
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 08-06-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Mister Terrific (great character, name's a tough sell on the cover)
    what's wrong with his name? There's a book called "Ms Marvel"
    And in another thread someone suggested a Mister Terrific/ Zatanna romance, which to me feels like too good of a concept to pass up. With him having such a big role in Strange Adventures, I feel like it just takes a successful writer to commit to a mini series with the two of them.

Extraordinary Member

Anima. Firebrand. Impulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    what's wrong with his name? There's a book called "Ms Marvel"
    And in another thread someone suggested a Mister Terrific/ Zatanna romance, which to me feels like too good of a concept to pass up. With him having such a big role in Strange Adventures, I feel like it just takes a successful writer to commit to a mini series with the two of them.
    Ms. Marvel stems from the 70s and has its roots in the feminist movement. Plus, it's from a publisher called Marvel Comics, so even though it's a bit anachronistic, it's still brand promotion.

Mr. Terrific is from the 40s and is an example of how broad and innocuous the comics could be at the time. Nobody would name a brand new (non-legacy) character in 2021 Mr. Terrific unless it was in a sarcastic way...it's simply out-of-date. It's only because DC is obsessed with legacy characters that the name gets used in a serious way. Cool character, works great for a team like the Terrifics, but not great for a solo book. It's probably one of the reasons the only member of the Fantastic Four to never score a solo book is Mr. Fantastic.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 08-06-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Can we define "shortly"?
    As in, "We'll see a JSA book launch shortly after Doomsday Clock" shortly, of course!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    As in, "We'll see a JSA book launch shortly after Doomsday Clock" shortly, of course!
    But issue #12 came out back in December of 2019 . . .