Page 12 of 95 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I've always recommended Superior Iron Man since that's the series that got me into reading Iron Man stuff. I know that sounds weird, but seeing how Tony SHOULDN'T act made me all the more concerned to see him return to normal, which even convinced me to read some of the Bendis run. Also the last few issues with Iron Man vs Iron Man was so awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    That's an interesting perspective
    Yeah, I liked it for a similar reason, showing what Tony would have become if not for the epiphany in that cave with Yinsen and their kidnappers that led him to become Iron Man in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Preview for Iron Man #16. I really don’t like the way the FF and Avengers come at Tony in the preview. Very frigging hostile.
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-confron...tark-iron-god/
    Yeah, a bit much, but one of the overarching lessons of superhero fiction, one that has to be constantly relearned and reaffirmed in light of how many times even heroes forget it, is that great power must be carefully and responsibly wielded so that it's not abused or misused . . . so I can somewhat understand, if not necessarily condone or excuse, their suspicion.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Preview for Iron Man #16. I really don’t like the way the FF and Avengers come at Tony in the preview. Very frigging hostile.
    The first thing Tony does with the power of a god is hover menacingly over New York. I love it. The art is great.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I liked it for a similar reason, showing what Tony would have become if not for the epiphany in that cave with Yinsen and their kidnappers that led him to become Iron Man in the first place.

Yeah, a bit much, but one of the overarching lessons of superhero fiction, one that has to be constantly relearned and reaffirmed in light of how many times even heroes forget it, is that great power must be carefully and responsibly wielded so that it's not abused or misused . . . so I can somewhat understand, if not necessarily condone or excuse, their suspicion.
    Didn't Steve fight on the side that said superheroes can do whatever they want, though? Why criticize Tony now?

That’s how I look at Superior Iron Man as well. What would happen if Tony didn’t meet Yinsen?! What I find fascinating is that Black Widow is the one who kidnapped Yinsen and gave him to the terrorist. When it was revealed to Tony of course he was livid, but we see one of the outcomes is Superior of what would happen if Natasha didn’t abduct Yinsen. There would be no Avengers, no one to find Cap and so on and so forth. As for the way the Avengers and FF came at Tony. They should give him the benefit of the doubt. He's been teammates with the Avengers for decades and he's been on many adventures with Reed and they also have worked side by side on many projects.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-21-2022 at 02:40 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    The first thing Tony does with the power of a god is hover menacingly over New York. I love it. The art is great.
    Yeah, making like Galactus is bound to make people, even jaded New Yorkers rather nervous.

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Of course they're gonna be hostile. It's par for the course.

I went back and re-read some of Grell's run. They kind of stories he did showed a side of Tony that we rarely see.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, making like Galactus is bound to make people, even jaded New Yorkers rather nervous.

He looks awesome tho'!

Cantwell's writing Thor like it's Lee/Kirby .

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Of course they're gonna be hostile. It's par for the course.

I went back and re-read some of Grell's run. They kind of stories he did showed a side of Tony that we rarely see.
    You're right brother. Pretty much par for the course. Also Grell did write a side of Tony not often seen. I love that he showed everyone he was Iron Man by jumping into the street to save a dog from getting hit by a car. I bet to many people know about that.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-21-2022 at 08:51 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You're right brother. Pretty much par for the course. Also Grell did write a side of Tony not seen often. I love that he showed everyone he was Iron Man by jumping into the street to save a dog from getting hit by a car. I bet to many people don't know about that.
    That sounds like an awesome and heartwarming moment.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That sounds like an awesome and heartwarming moment.
    It really was. I remember reading it when it came out and I was shocked. Not that Tony doesn’t love animals like that, but just how they would make that be how his identity came out.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-22-2022 at 02:31 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Bleeding Edge armor, another favorite!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Does Iron Man have any badass scenes? I was having a discussion with a friend - and he explained he doesn’t think Tony had many badass moments the same way Thor and Cap do. Any to show him?

Knocks out the Hulk.

Singlehandedly takes on an army of supervillains.