Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My theory is synch powers evolved because he was in sync with Laura and Darwin for so long. I mean it could be said that if his powers had any imperfections they would have been contentiously healed by being in sync with laura and whatever danger he faced in theory his mutant power could potentially evolve as well as darwin adapts to survive. And they were there as stated for 5 centuries. that is a long time to potentially be in constant use of his powers.
    It was stated in Xmen vol 5. #5 that when he was resurrected the five unconsciously fixed any imperfections that Synch had in his powers, seems like if the writers wanted to they could potentially expand a characters powers and just attribute that to the five fixing their powers and resurrection increasing it
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    It was stated in Xmen vol 5. #5 that when he was resurrected the five unconsciously fixed any imperfections that Synch had in his powers, seems like if the writers wanted to they could potentially expand a characters powers and just attribute that to the five fixing their powers and resurrection increasing it
    Ahh completely forgot about this. I want to see cecilia's files. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

That's not his killer, his killer is the guy in the mask who said he would make it then sliced him.
    Technically, you're correct, my bad. Bornan did grievously injure him first though, by ripping through his carotid artery, allowing for what appeared to be Dr. Stasis unmasked to deliver the final, killing cut. But poor Scott was probably already on his way out, so I'm considering it a joint effort.

Mighty Member

Ahh completely forgot about this. I want to see cecilia's files. lol
    I would actually love that. Like the old Xavier files books that would have certain mutants in them if they pertained to an upcoming crossover. Cecilia should have one about mutants resurrected after a number of years, died in Otherworld/Amenth and resurrected or resurrected multiple times and the effect on them. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Astonishing Member

Wasent there a alpha flight villan who had the same animal minions and a similar design to stasis

I enjoyed this issue. The art was great (as usual). I like that Scott is getting some attention lately. I also love more development for Synch. It will be interesting to see if he is an emerging omega level mutant or not. Normally I wouldn't want another omega added to the list, but for Synch I would gladly make an exception.

I am look forward to Scott and Jean coming into greater conflict with the Quiet Council. Though I admit I want Emma to remain a friend to this X-men team. It is obvious in this era she still has great affection for Cyclops. I think it is clear he cares for her too. I would like their relationship explored a little bit more so that we are clear if they remain close as exes or if something more is going on.

I want to see Jean and Scott interact with other members of the QC especially Xavier. I am very happy to see Jean and Xavier working together in the Wolverine books. My hope is that we do get to see what Jean, Rogue, and Polaris were doing on Mars. I would love to see them visiting Storm and having their own adventure.

This was alright. Some cool moments, art was nice, plot is intriguing. My biggest problem with the resurrection protocol though is how numb characters are to death now. Even those around them. Like no ones upset that someone killed Cyke, but more upset over the inconvenience.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    His killer had a name, Bornan.

Okay, a named character with more appearances than this run. Stilt Man's great guys, he's got a long and storied history of stories behind him. He's definitely a worthy contender for the throne of "Killed Cyclops"

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    And yet, Cyclops still needs the damn visor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Though I admit I want Emma to remain a friend to this X-men team. It is obvious in this era she still has great affection for Cyclops. I think it is clear he cares for her too. I would like their relationship explored a little bit more so that we are clear if they remain close as exes or if something more is going on.

... My hope is that we do get to see what Jean, Rogue, and Polaris were doing on Mars. I would love to see them visiting Storm and having their own adventure.
    She will, 'cause she is, I don't think she did the deed with Ben Urich. Could be wrong, but I'll get to why below. We need her, and we can trust her, for the most part. There's a lil' friction there, but that's nothing new. She can be our double agent in the QC, they'll think she's with them, when she's really with us. That was my thought anyway, before we knew about Selene, who's a major wrinkle & wild card. There's no telling what she'll do or be up to, but it'll be messy, and I very much doubt she'll be asking nicely. I can't wait, they're gonna crap their diapers when she walks in, demanding Mags' vacant spot in no uncertain terms. Sinister will probably get ED, if he doesn't have it already. And if Kate's going to space, what about her seat, will it just be held for her? And it's possible Ororo will be wanting to divert all her attention to building up Arakko & the GR, along with Erik, Roberto, and more, in the not-too-distant future. She seems to be growing weary of some of the more unsavory procedures, like condemning OM & Nanny to the Pit of Exile. And I can't imagine denying Wanda's resurrection to Erik was easy for her. I hope that gets addressed in Red. Which just leaves Nightcrawler, 'cause Ems is used to being around these kinds of tricky dicks & two-faced phonies, so can ward off their bad juju & toxic energies.

Speaking of Storm, a BIG F'n YES to the 3 tree-huggers headin' up to the Queen of Sol's party palace planet, to get their freak on!!!! That'd be IDEAL! Kinda wish you hadn't said it, though. Because no matter how good it is now, if it's not that, I'll be like awww... but still, we could've had them all together... and MODOK?! OMG, that's just so bizarre, I struggle to think of what'll it even be about. Besides that, he's creepy, and freaks me out.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Is it possible that Orchis changed their minds and decided they wanted to keep it to themselves, to say perhaps, do some testing to see if it can be used against mutants and/or just for their own personal benefit? Maybe it wasn't the QC, but one of them, who messed with Urich's mind & memory? Who approached Urich besides Stasis?
    And Just Like That... (I think)

THEY KNOW!! Those moments of memory mutants lose, they're going to figure how to use that to their advantage, somehow. The timeline of events is correct, right, with Cyke's death after Inferno? That's why they changed their minds about exposing the RP to the public, and the reason for Urich's mindwipe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This was alright. Some cool moments, art was nice, plot is intriguing. My biggest problem with the resurrection protocol though is how numb characters are to death now. Even those around them. Like no ones upset that someone killed Cyke, but more upset over the inconvenience.
    Laura was literally crying over his dead body.

And of course their attitude about death has changed it wouldn't make much sense to have the same attitude about death when mutants are effectively immortal now.
    Last edited by loke13; 01-26-2022 at 09:30 PM.

Good issue. Art was A+. Cyke was a beast.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Cyclops doesn't trust Emma.
    He woke on the right side of the bed then,good for him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Cyclops doesn't trust Emma.
    And I'm sure Emma herself would congratulate him on that means he's not stupid

Incredible Member

(Silly?) Question - Are Dr. Stasis and Feilong different characters?