Page 244 of 434 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Magneto has always been a passionate man, always wanted to justify his actions. He never had any problems to appear threatening and in HoX, he is… but in a passive way. I don't know… I don't see him following a script… and certainly not someone else's script.
    I don't know if I'd say him telling a bunch of government representatives from the most influential nations of the world that they have new gods now is exactly a passive action. It's a very clear statement that things have changed, and they better get on board.

Was it Xavier's idea to deliver that news that way? Or did Magneto go "off-script"? I don't think we can say for sure.

The way that scene played out to me was that Xavier normally would have been the one to meet with them, but they detected or expected treachery, and so Magneto took his place. He and the Cuckoos confirmed what they feared, and Magneto easily dispatched the one who was there to kill Xavier.....he has been trained to resist psychic probing and was armed....and then he delivered the threat.

I found the whole scene to be spot on with what I'd expect from Magneto. The other scenes that feature him as well.

Is it odd for Magneto to be working with Xavier? Perhaps. But it's not like that hasn't been the case before. And this time, we at least have the Moira X stuff as motivation for him.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I don't know if I'd say him telling a bunch of government representatives from the most influential nations of the world that they have new gods now is exactly a passive action. It's a very clear statement that things have changed, and they better get on board.

Was it Xavier's idea to deliver that news that way? Or did Magneto go "off-script"? I don't think we can say for sure.

The way that scene played out to me was that Xavier normally would have been the one to meet with them, but they detected or expected treachery, and so Magneto took his place. He and the Cuckoos confirmed what they feared, and Magneto easily dispatched the one who was there to kill Xavier.....he has been trained to resist psychic probing and was armed....and then he delivered the threat.

I found the whole scene to be spot on with what I'd expect from Magneto. The other scenes that feature him as well.

Is it odd for Magneto to be working with Xavier? Perhaps. But it's not like that hasn't been the case before. And this time, we at least have the Moira X stuff as motivation for him.
    I didnt put that togather...but yeah he MIGHT have wanted to shoot X
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Magneto has always been a passionate man, always wanted to justify his actions. He never had any problems to appear threatening and in HoX, he is… but in a passive way. I don't know… I don't see him following a script… and certainly not someone else's script.
    And you may have noticed he has been observing things and may not be totally onboard with everything that is going on. But he is also being placated by getting to push for a future he believes in. Magneto in general has been portrayed so well here. His little speech in X^1 is perfect. As is his speech in X^0
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Personally, I think Moira and Xavier sent Magneto precisely because he would be extreme and assertive. This seemed to be a very strong and threatening act. Usually if you make threats in a negotiation you are in a position of weakness, so I don’t think everything is cosy back at the House of X.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Powers of X #4 Variants

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    My God that’s so badass. But damn it makes me sad, as I miss the real Cable even more now.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Personally, I think Moira and Xavier sent Magneto precisely because he would be extreme and assertive. This seemed to be a very strong and threatening act. Usually if you make threats in a negotiation you are in a position of weakness, so I don’t think everything is cosy back at the House of X.
    I agree one thing that called my attention was that "Moira establishes House of M" (life 8) but in her other lifes "Xavier and Moira establish the mutant nation of Faraway" (life 5), "Xavier and Moira establish the Xavier school for Gifted Children" (life 4) and " Moira and Apocalypse form the X-men"(life 9) it could be nothing but it seems that in the case of House of M, Moira is the one who establishes it and Magneto seems to be the passive party, when in the case of faraway, the school and the X-men it´s a partnership add to this that Moira bassically took care of Magneto as a baby in her present(life 10) and the fact Xavier can be kind of paternalistic, it kind of makes sense Magneto doesn´t feel completely at ease around them, he agrees with their path but knows that their trust is to each other before him which puts him in a bad position at the moment of making decisions, he probably doesn´t trust them to tell him everything. Who knows maybe we will get to see their Schism next issue to know for sure how they relate to each other.

Thank you for the covers Luckystar
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-16-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Loved this one

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's how I read that scene in HoX 01. They chose Magnet as the Ambassador simply because he will not brook any foolishness and was the right person to deliver the message directly and with its precise tone...which was, "there's no room for negotiations, take it or leave it".
    I would say, they seem to be operating from a place of certainty and strength (a tad bit arrogant, but it's Magneto, after all) rather than weakness.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Dammit, Land. lol
    "Cable was right!"

That is certainly possible. I took Magneto's presence as being the result of the humans sending agents that were not actually delegates, but were instead sent to gather intel. But he could have just as easily been sent by Xavier because Xavier knew he'd deliver the intended message with a heavy hand.

I don't know if I think that shows weakness on their part.....I get what you're saying, and it may. But I also kind of seeing it as someone who has the upper hand simply pointing it out.

As for Moira....we'll see. She hasn't been introduced to the story post her faked death, so exactly what role she is playing is still unclear. Is she actively involved? Do Xavier and Magneto know she is not dead? Or is she out their somehow pursuing her own agenda? It's unclear at this point, although I'd be surprised if she wasn't involved.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Dammit, Land. lol
    I'm enjoying counting if Rogue has a different bust size to match every costume she has on that cover.

Also, given how this story is playing out, are we officially stuck with Wi-Fi moving forward? I ask because currently it looks like a thousand years from now the Phalanx might make mutants ascend, and there are maybe 2 humans left. Which would be make the Askani timeline that he comes from (and is supposed to go back to) invalid as none of this happened in the that timeline's past. I was kinda hoping we'd get grizzly Nate again, but if that timeline is gone then I guess not.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 08-16-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Here’s both covers combined....my one issue is that we were robbed of Molina drawing Bishop’s package.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That is certainly possible. I took Magneto's presence as being the result of the humans sending agents that were not actually delegates, but were instead sent to gather intel. But he could have just as easily been sent by Xavier because Xavier knew he'd deliver the intended message with a heavy hand.

I don't know if I think that shows weakness on their part.....I get what you're saying, and it may. But I also kind of seeing it as someone who has the upper hand simply pointing it out.

As for Moira....we'll see. She hasn't been introduced to the story post her faked death, so exactly what role she is playing is still unclear. Is she actively involved? Do Xavier and Magneto know she is not dead? Or is she out their somehow pursuing her own agenda? It's unclear at this point, although I'd be surprised if she wasn't involved.
    That's a good point.
    So far a lot of the theories and conversations revolve around Moira's big reveal but so far, her whereabouts and role with regards to what's playing out in our 616/HoX timeline remain a mystery.
    We do know she surfaces and gets actively involved at some point though (in the highlighted HoX 05, perhaps?)