Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Spider-Man/Deadpool" Picks at That "One More Day" Scab

The closing pages of Joe Kelly and Ed McGuiness' first arc hints that Marvel Comics may be poised to revisit the controversial, marriage-erasing story.

Full article here.

To this day, I don't care/buy any Amazing Spider-Man comics because of the OMD crapfest. I don't expect Marvel to undo for another 10 years so, not holding my breath at all.

I'm hoping (although I shouldn't) that this leads to something... some sort of resolution that will please fans. Renew Your Vows brought up a lot of good feelings, and I'd hate to see that goodness just dismissed. That being said, Bendis(!) has MJ, and Slott's been building some sort of Spidey/Mockingbird relationship, so it's unlikely that anything MJ/Spidey-related will happen any time soon.
    Last edited by MindTricked; 05-27-2016 at 12:45 PM.

With another Spidey in the MU perhaps its time for that reunion. On the other hand we have a High school spider-man coming up in MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by jase View Post
    With another Spidey in the MU perhaps its time for that reunion. On the other hand we have a High school spider-man coming up in MCU.
    They can always relaunch the Spidey book in time for the movie.

I just wish MJ and Peter had gotten a divorce instead. It would have been less messy and could actually have been a great grounded story about the cost of being Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedibanner View Post
    To this day, I don't care/buy any Amazing Spider-Man comics because of the OMD crapfest. I don't expect Marvel to undo for another 10 years so, not holding my breath at all.
    The only comic books with Peter Parker starring that I've bought since OMD was Renew Your Vows. I figured I should put my money where my mouth was both times. If they fix OMD, I'll consider it. If they put the marriage back, definitely.

But like you, I'm not holding my breath.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Fantastic Member

Same here. I've diverted a lot of money from Marvel to Dark Horse and DC by not buying Spider-Man since OMD. At this point, nothing short of a full reversal and a Rebirth-style apology would get me to even consider going back.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

I always wondered if OMD also undid the Clone Saga or half of it if Peter and MJ never got married therefore, she was no longer a part of that storyline.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    I always wondered if OMD also undid the Clone Saga or half of it if Peter and MJ never got married therefore, she was no longer a part of that storyline.
    I keep waiting for May Day Parker (Spider-Girl) to pop in and need her parent's help... only to find they were never together in the first place. Sort of like Rachel Summers finding her parents had a son (Nathan/Cable) instead of her back in "Days of Future Past".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    NO baby May, no Ben Reilly replacing SPider-man, right ?

Spectacular Member

Annie May Parker, 'nuff said. She kicks ASS! Undo OMD!

Amazing Member

I was mad as well but figured we had simply moved to another Earth like in the Spider-Man movies. The reboot did allow for some interesting storylines. Still, Peter and MJ getting a divorce would have been easier for continuity. Would Harry Osborn ever have become the Green Goblin if Peter had no "stolen" MJ from him? Sure, Peter killing Harry's father (according to a drug induced Harry) might have done it but Harry definitely resented Peter taking the girlfriend he relied on (too much). Too many questions. If the Secret Wars happened, why did Peter stop wearing the black outfit (Mary Jane made him stop wearing it because she had been abused by Venom).

I got restarted with the Superior Spider-Man saga and bought some of the digital volumes before them to see how it got there. End of Days was fun and sent Peter Parker in a whole new path.

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    The only comic books with Peter Parker starring that I've bought since OMD was Renew Your Vows. I figured I should put my money where my mouth was both times. If they fix OMD, I'll consider it. If they put the marriage back, definitely.
    But like you, I'm not holding my breath.
    After all this time... Yes, I am not alone on this and I'm glad others are still miffed about it.

OMD was heinous and the only Spider-man comic I've actually purchased in a long time was Renew Your Vows. I still follow Spider-man's exploits online and check story summaries, but I stopped buying after OMD.

It was a bad decision then, it's a bad decision now, and I don't think I'll ever really enjoy a Spider-man story proper when in the back of my head that story is canon and Peter Parker reneged on taking responsibility for his misuse of power with a Faustian deal with a devil.

Yeah, it makes me just as upset now as it did back then. "Time heals all wounds" apparently doesn't apply to this story.

The only consolation I really have, since Marvel doesn't seem interested in fixing it (to them, OMD WAS the "fix"), is that I'm not alone in missing the old Spider-man marriage. It had its rough patches, and many ups and downs, but when it was on-point, written by those that cared, it was the warmest, most sincere relationship in comics.

As a young man now getting married in two weeks, knowing that much of my views of marriage were shaped by Peter and MJ (I had a rather broken family and comics were my escape), I'm both happy I got to experience and read their relationship growing up and sad that it no longer exists and furious that someone felt that a married guy is inherently less interesting and more boring than a single one. I'm getting married so soon, and it's the scariest yet most exciting adventure of my life.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Well, Rebirth has made having a flagship hero be married cool again so maybe Marvel will take the hint. Though given the fact that Marvel nearly went bankrupt back in the nineties to undo the marriage, clearly they are pretty attached to the idea of him being single. Plus, I don't see a reconciliation as long as Quesada is still calling the shots.
    Last edited by superduperman; 05-27-2016 at 03:02 PM.