Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Not to mention that "Peter" kept doing heroics. Not exactly something a supervillain would do in Peter's body.

"He's getting Peter's doctorate? Nefarious!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pako View Post
    It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility. Considering how dark and edgy angry Peter can get; and its not like the Avengers are that privy to the happenings in his personal life.
    People always forget about Peter's dark side when talking about how he should or shouldn't be written.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pako View Post
    It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility. Considering how dark and edgy angry Peter can get; and its not like the Avengers are that privy to the happenings in his personal life.
    but haven't they known spidey long enough to know what his personality is and how he operates as a hero?

that would be like knowing someone for years and then suddenly acting all calm and reasonable when said person for no apparent reason just goes on a shooting spree near the local walmart

you don't just let stuff like that slide and go back to the usual routine

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    People always forget about Peter's dark side when talking about how he should or shouldn't be written.
    Has Peter's Dark Side ever caused him to do things nearly as psychotic and deranged as Mad Scientist Superior Spider-Man?

if they have then i would wonder why peter has not gone to jail several times and had the punisher on his ass every day of the week

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Not to mention that "Peter" kept doing heroics. Not exactly something a supervillain would do in Peter's body.

"He's getting Peter's doctorate? Nefarious!"
    He tried picking a fight with almost every super hero he bumped into....you saying none of them found that strange?

BANNED

Except Peter didn't go on a killing spree. He took down an entire clan of evil Ninja and free a neighborhood of their criminal influences.

But Pako is correct, isn't the first time Peter got a little brutal. He once kicked Daredevil's butt to get at a cop-killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    but haven't they known spidey long enough to know what his personality is and how he operates as a hero?

that would be like knowing someone for years and then suddenly acting all calm and reasonable when said person for no apparent reason just goes on a shooting spree near the local walmart

you don't just let stuff like that slide and go back to the usual routine
    How well do you know all of the people you work with? How well do you know anyone? That's the question.

And the Avengers didn't let it slide; Spock was kicked off the team by Cap and Iron Man because of the way he was acting (I believe it was in #25?)

ETA: Not completely kicked off, but he wasn't on the active roster until they could figure out what was going on with him.

BANNED

He tried picking a fight with almost every super hero he bumped into....you saying none of them found that strange?
    He was having a dark and brooding time.

If Peter had never had a time where he got dark and broody, I'd understand. But homeboy gets in a mood every time one of his loved ones gets a cold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    How well do you know all of the people you work with? How well do you know anyone? That's the question.

And the Avengers didn't let it slide; Spock was kicked off the team by Cap and Iron Man because of the way he was acting (I believe it was in #25?)

ETA: Not completely kicked off, but he wasn't on the active roster until they could figure out what was going on with him.
    i think by the time Giant Spider Robots started patrolling the streets followed by armed soldiers should have been the point where somebody tried to smack some sense into spider-man(i may be off on a few things considering i only got some issues of superior spider-man through digital codes as a gift from a friend online)or was everyone in space by that point?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    He was having a dark and brooding time.

If Peter had never had a time where he got dark and broody, I'd understand. But homeboy gets in a mood every time one of his loved ones gets a cold.
    does he also shoot a villain in the face every time something bad happens to him?

BANNED

does he also shoot a villain in the face every time something bad happens to him?
    If I remember correctly, no one was willing to come forward and point a finger his way since, you know, he'd just saved them from a psychopathic murderer. Even the police looked the other way.

But yes, Spidey has killed before.

Fantastic Member

not everytime, but certainly convinced Peter is fully capable of it given the proper stimulus. Else we wouldn't have so many what if stories of Spidey going murderous. And there's certainly a what if story of Spidey shooting someone in the face.

Ultimate Member

Nope, not buying it. Peter wasn't just acting like a "dark and brooding" guy, he was acting like a ego maniacal supervillian. More than that, he was talking like ONLY Doc Ock talks. So no, I'm not buying that NO ONE, except freaking Carlie Cooper, picked up on this. The fact that Slott had to resort to such blatant plot contrivances just to keep Spock from being found out in like five minutes shows that he didn't fully think things through. It was an interesting idea, but with some really sloppy execution, which tends to be a thing with Slott's work.

BANNED

Hopefully Slott Fixes some of that in the relaunched amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Nope, not buying it. Peter wasn't just acting like a "dark and brooding" guy, he was acting like a ego maniacal supervillian. More than that, he was talking like ONLY Doc Ock talks. So no, I'm not buying that NO ONE, except freaking Carlie Cooper, picked up on this. The fact that Slott had to resort to such blatant plot contrivances just to keep Spock from being found out in like five minutes shows that he didn't fully think things through. It was an interesting idea, but with some really sloppy execution, which tends to be a thing with Slott's work.
    Carlie wasn't the only one who picked up on it. Just about everyone in the book noticed that there was something different about Peter/Spider-Man. That was one of the main plot points.