Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Is it wrong that I think using a deal to revive Ms. Marvel and Viv was a better move then reviving Aunt May ?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's depends given how popular Ms. Marvel and Viv are compared to Aunt May
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Is it wrong that I think using a deal to revive Ms. Marvel and Viv was a better move then reviving Aunt May ?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not at all. Aunt May should have stayed dead after Amazing #400, IMO.
    end of spoilers
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So technically,

spoilers:
    I don't think the actual "deal" will be offered until the third issue. I think the reason why Mephisto gave Miles and Amadeus a "freebie" here was because Miles ended up, unintentionally, letting the civilian he saved originally die in this new timeline in his effort to save Kamala and Viv. I get the feeling that Mephisto will taunt Miles about this but then offer him one last do-over, this time with a price.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So technically,

spoilers:
    I don't think the actual "deal" will be offered until the third issue. I think the reason why Mephisto gave Miles and Amadeus a "freebie" here was because Miles ended up, unintentionally, letting the civilian he saved originally die in this new timeline in his effort to save Kamala and Viv. I get the feeling that Mephisto will taunt Miles about this but then offer him one last do-over, this time with a price.
    end of spoilers
    Even worse than with Peter. At least he and MJ found their way back to each other(as MJ predicted) even though the marriage is still gone.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So technically,

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    It could also be that spoilers:
    the civilian's life posed some kind of problem for Mephisto.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Yah thats what I would think. In Mets' spoiler
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

They are totally building up to some event with Mephisto, because we got another appearance yesterday and not just in Champions. spoilers:
    He was in Deadpool #9 and he was acquiring Deadpool's heart
    end of spoilers This makes at least three books in which he is directly interfering with things and Champions was the first time he made a major showing of power. How many appearances has he made recently? I can think of at least four at this point.

On a related note, I kind of wish Marvel would stop using Mephisto in the Spider books. I hate explaining to casual fans (and yes this happened recently) that Mephisto is NOT actually the "devil" and having them laugh at me because "comic books are stupid for using Satan as a character to tempt heroes in 2019". Damn, why can't this worthless character go away!
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-08-2019 at 12:18 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Yes, and you should feel very very bad

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    Not at all. Aunt May should have stayed dead after Amazing #400, IMO.
    end of spoilers
    They'd never do that to the most important and longest running Spidey supporting characters.
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 02-08-2019 at 02:35 AM.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    They'd never do that to the most important and longest running Spidey supporting characters.
    And yet whenever they do, it leads to Peter growing up and fathering other memorable and important Spidey characters...one of which had the longest running uninterupted female led Spidey book ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    They are totally building up to some event with Mephisto, because we got another appearance yesterday and not just in Champions. spoilers:
    end of spoilers This makes at least three books in which he is directly interfering with things and Champions was the first time he made a major showing of power. How many appearances has he made recently? I can think of at least four at this point.
    Wasn’t he involved with the books and/or character before ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    He was in the prehistoric Iron Fist issue of Avengers. Having already shown up in Ghost Rider's issue too. Sounds like something will happen - next year's big event?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He was in the prehistoric Iron Fist issue of Avengers. Having already shown up in Ghost Rider's issue too. Sounds like something will happen - next year's big event?
    Lets hope it resolves and/or reference OMD in a way if this is a lead up to an event in the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Lets hope it resolves and/or reference OMD in a way if this is a lead up to an event in the future.
    One might suggest Marvel are looking at what DC are doing and have decided Mephisto is very much their answer to Doctor Manhattan.

DC want to have Mahanttan dealt with on a philosophical level, dealt with through a conversation, not a confrontation. Marvel might want something more action-oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It has to be, there's no other reason to have him appearing and effecting so many different books so closely together, and to my knowledge, not be defeated. At this point the theory that this isn't Mephisto is starting to gain ground for two reasons. First because it hasn't been revealed how he managed to escape imprisonment in Las Vegas and second as far as we know Johnny is still king of hell so Mephisto hasn't been back in his realm for a while and we know he loses power the longer he's away from it. Whoever it was in Champions was powerful enough to reverse time on such a scale that all the major magical characters took notice of it, I can't imagine a Mephisto that's been away from his realm for so long having that kind of power unless he has something that's giving him a major boost.