Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Remember you have a book with a roster of HATED characters. Zub is dealing with those backlash.
    lol
    verbal texting
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Amazon

Champions by Jim Zub Vol. 1: Beat the Devil
    (Pre orders does not come out till August)

#2837 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #5831 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Those numbers will go up as we get closer to July.

Champions col 2 (December)
    #2139 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #4225 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Kindle
    #2812 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #5778 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #15654 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#2296 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #4976 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #13748 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#635 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #1692 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #4748 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Champions #4
    #472 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #1365 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #3889 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#258 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #890 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #2576 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Remember you have a book with a roster of HATED characters. Zub is dealing with those backlash.

I wouldn't panic just yet as you have to take into consideration what else came out during those months. Young Justice, Milestone number issues & two events at DC. I would worry if those numbers were around for a volume 3 trade.
    Vol 1 and 2, seriously? It really should be Vol 6 and 7, as Vols 4 and 5 of the previous TPB series are also Zub's. Beat the Devil has no business being called volume 1.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-13-2019 at 05:07 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Comichron sales are here
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-04.html

It was a good month to be a Thor fan. WOTR sold 187,851 copies.
    Thanos 1 did great, selling 81,256 copies. He outsold all team books.
    No X-title managed to reach 50,000 in sales. Justice League, Avengers, and Fantastic Four all beat Uncanny X-Men.
    The last three issues of Avengers: No Road Home all sold in the 30,000s, while the last issue of West Coast Avengers only managed 13,259. I think the No Road Home team should come back for more.
    Champions are floundering at 16,223. Runaways are even worse at 9,241.
    And War of the Realms #2 is already out of the top 10. LOL. Not exactly encouraging.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    And War of the Realms #2 is already out of the top 10. LOL. Not exactly encouraging.
    I think this fact needs more attention. People are happy about how #1 sold but the sharp drop-off with #2 seems unprecedented to me.

I mean just compare War of the Realms to Secret Empire:

War of Realms 1 187,851
    War of Realms 2 70,704

Secret Empire 1 157,517
    Secret Empire 2 100,983
    [...]
    Secret Empire 10 86,123

In other words, War of the Realms is already below the final issue of Secret Empire and it's only in its second issue. This is extremely bad for War of the Realms, who knows how low #6 will get before this is all over.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I think this fact needs more attention. People are happy about how #1 sold but the sharp drop-off with #2 seems unprecedented to me.

War of Realms 1 187,851
    War of Realms 2 70,704

Secret Empire 1 157,517
    Secret Empire 2 100,983
    [...]
    Secret Empire 10 86,123

In other words, War of the Realms is already below the final issue of Secret Empire and it's only in its second issue. This is extremely bad for War of the Realms, who knows how low #6 will get before this is all over.
    That's the problem. Even the absolutely awful Heroes in Crisis (at its 8th issue!) still is a top 10 book...

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post

War of Realms 1 187,851
    War of Realms 2 70,704

Secret Empire 1 157,517
    Secret Empire 2 100,983
    [...]
    Secret Empire 10 86,123

A part of me thinks this is just indicative of what the market is now. Nothing sells as well as it did even a few years ago.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A part of me thinks this is just indicative of what the market is now. Nothing sells as well as it did even a few years ago.
    The first issue being so continuity driven by Jason Aaron's Thor didn't help much. It's one of those things where if you hadn't been keeping up with his run over the years, there's likely not much you're going to get from this event, even with other characters guest starring.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The first issue being so continuity driven by Jason Aaron's Thor didn't help much. It's one of those things where if you hadn't been keeping up with his run over the years, there's likely not much you're going to get from this event, even with other characters guest starring.
    That was kind of true for Secret Empire and Spencer's run too.

Civil War II was really the last major event I remember where it just kind of abruptly happens.

Yeah - which derailed several books. Miles Morales got dragged in when Bendis should have still been showing him adjusting to being in 616 (I wonder if that was Bendis's choice, or if he was asked to tie him in in order to set up what Miles does in Secret Empire?), A-Force wound up cancelled due to what happened to She-Hulk (it would've only got one more arc anyway as IVX would've removed Medusa), Patsy Walker's book had to replace Jen with Jubilee, ANAD Avengers was also disrupted, with no proper ending before Champions launched (Nadia was clearly originally meant to join the team when Kamala, Miles and Nova were still there), Captain Marvel got hit hard because of what she did to Iron Man, and even Iron Man, which was by the same writer as CWII, had to accelerate Ironheart's introduction.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-14-2019 at 06:03 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Events with an assload of build-up trump out of nowhere events every single time. And as for WOTR, maybe the higher drop is related to the extra dollar Marvel slapped on a 20 page comic. (Which Hick-Men will also probably do.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Any chance digital is taking a big bite out of those floppies compared to years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Any chance digital is taking a big bite out of those floppies compared to years ago?
    Secret Empire was more popular than WOTR digitally too.

I don't how relevant that extra dollar actually is. I just want them to have a reason to stop.

Interesting that Rob Liefeld's much-ballyhooed MAJOR X is a low-seller.

Perhaps this was underordered and there will be massive reorders and an uptick on the later issues, but I have a feeling that Major X is just a flavor of the month type thing like pretty much any new X-character introduced in the last 25+ years.

Likewise, the latest MARVEL TEAM-UP relaunch didn't set the world on fire. It's interesting that ever since the early 1980s, team up titles, whether from Marvel or DC, just haven't had the same interest as they did during the 1970s.

Sales for Immortal Hulk are great, obviously, and it'll be interesting to see if this is the beginning of a trend or just a one-month spike due to a variant cover.

However, sales for Captain America (38,047 copies), Daredevil (33,373), and Tony Stark Iron Man (29,158) are really godawful. It's even worse considering they were just relaunched and only Iron Man has reached its 10th issue. Daredevil is this low at issue #4!

As I said in the April Sales thread on the DC forum, DC's average sales are actually a little HIGHER than Marvel's at this point. Marvel is getting its market share by flooding product into the stores, but a lot of it is low selling, and the 167 titles that Marvel had in the Top 500 (which does include reorders), might be taking sales away from their core characters.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4353837

Even Thor #12 sold around 40k copies. This might be why the WAR OF THE REALMS event is experiencing such big dropoffs on the main series, and the connected minis are really underperforming. Giving such a big event over to a mediocre selling core title like Thor isn't going to get the same results as a Civil War sequel, of course.

THIS WAS MY 1,000th POST!

Here are the variants. Collect them all!

VARIANT 1 - Italic, small font

Perhaps this was underordered and there will be massive reorders and an uptick on the later issues, but I have a feeling that Major X is just a flavor of the month type thing like pretty much any new X-character introduced in the last 25+ years.

Likewise, the latest MARVEL TEAM-UP relaunch didn't set the world on fire. It's interesting that ever since the early 1980s, team up titles, whether from Marvel or DC, just haven't had the same interest as they did during the 1970s.

Sales for Immortal Hulk are great, obviously, and it'll be interesting to see if this is the beginning of a trend or just a one-month spike due to a variant cover.

However, sales for Captain America (38,047 copies), Daredevil (33,373), and Tony Stark Iron Man (29,158) are really godawful. It's even worse considering they were just relaunched and only Iron Man has reached its 10th issue. Daredevil is this low at issue #4!

As I said in the April Sales thread on the DC forum, DC's average sales are actually a little HIGHER than Marvel's at this point. Marvel is getting its market share by flooding product into the stores, but a lot of it is low selling, and the 167 titles that Marvel had in the Top 500 (which does include reorders), might be taking sales away from their core characters.

Even Thor #12 sold around 40k copies. This might be why the WAR OF THE REALMS event is experiencing such big dropoffs on the main series, and the connected minis are really underperforming. Giving such a big event over to a mediocre selling core title like Thor isn't going to get the same results as a Civil War sequel, of course.

VARIANT 2 - Blue, small font

VARIANT 3 - Red, bold, italic, small font

Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 05-14-2019 at 07:37 AM.

BANNED

You should sign them so they can become collectors item. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    You're totally right on your first point. Age of X Man screamed placeholder/timekiller. Especially since the WHOLE POINT of Extermination and the weekly Uncanny was to clean up and streamline the X verse to set up a relaunch. Putting an AU story at the end of that makes zero sense. It is completely counter intuitive. It seems blatantly obvious that schedules demanded some time in between the end of Extermination/Uncanny weekly and Hickman, so we got Age of X Man, which doesn't have to worry about continuity or long term planning. It is basically the same thing as when DC did Convergence for two months so they could move their offices across the country.
    Yep. It is worse than this though. Uncanny is equally just filling space. It is literally tidying up some key characters to place them in the right position for a relaunch. Nominally there has been an ongoing story running in from Astonishing, but it’s not an important story.

The X-books have been a mess since Secret Wars. A few interesting titles but the flagship books just loose their way. Every attempt to sort the problem lasts a few issues and they change tack, so there is no clear ongoing narrative.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-14-2019 at 09:31 AM.