Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Plot induced stupidity is my guess. This whole issue wouldn't exist without it.
    I think it's because he was tired of the vegan patties and desperate for some meat.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Right? Like why is Wolverine just eating a turkey leg by himself in the middle of nowhere. Get your goofy ass in a suit and do your job.

They got complacent and thought they conquered the world. They are flawed creatures, these sweet mutants.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This stuff wouldn't have happened if Scott Summers was in charge of everything.

d92caa49e3b6e5165db86ccc0e551dc65abc38acr1-750-1334v2_hq.jpg
    8fafc21ad8799cb5335f1d95a804fc68efc06b04r1-750-1334v2_hq.jpg

(I truly do not understand why they didn't just shoot them).

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They got complacent and thought they conquered the world. They are flawed creatures, these sweet mutants.
    Xavier always seem very smug to think about some things. But maybe this was a play

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was a brutal counter balance to the other titles released so far. Intriguing set up, and the art was really great in places. But I agree with a lot of the criticism I've seen about how easy this seemed for the intruders, and how unprepared the mutants were and how long it took them to respond to the threat. Also in the smaller panels the art got kind of sloppy.

Something I'm wondering about after reading New Mutants, is why Tom seems to be able to form an almost symbiotic relationship with Krakoa, but when Mondo attempted something similar, Krakoa rejected it and described it as a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This was a brutal counter balance to the other titles released so far. Intriguing set up, and the art was really great in places. But I agree with a lot of the criticism I've seen about how easy this seemed for the intruders, and how unprepared the mutants were and how long it took them to respond to the threat. Also in the smaller panels the art got kind of sloppy.

Something I'm wondering about after reading New Mutants, is why Tom seems to be able to form an almost symbiotic relationship with Krakoa, but when Mondo attempted something similar, Krakoa rejected it and described it as a bad thing.
    The difference was Krakoa had to take over Mondo to speak through him, Tom was able to talk to Krakoa seperately of a merger. He was talking to the very grains of dirt themselves.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, we don't even know if Domino was skinned before or after she died.
    \

I don't think she's dead. Didn't they look to see if she was being resurrected, and she wasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I don't get the claims that the resurrection stuff cheapens death since we already know from Percy's interview that Domino will be dealing with her death and know that we'll be getting a book dealing with resurrections in Wave 2. The deaths still mean something. That little girl still saw her mother get killed. Domino's going to be raging over what they did to her. Until we get characters just saying "Oh lol I died", I'll reserve judgement.

Two things:

1. There is an island full of telepaths that can make them forget about the trauma of dying,

2. Percy is a hack. He drove Green Arrow into the ground, and I have no doubt he'll probably do the same thing here.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I think this is the ideal book for people who haven’t enjoyed the Hickman relaunch. It felt the most conventional and like the X-Men of the past 10-15 years. It’s probably good to have one of those in the mix, but I’ll wait to see where it goes before buying any more issues.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I think this is the ideal book for people who haven’t enjoyed the Hickman relaunch. It felt the most conventional and like the X-Men of the past 10-15 years. It’s probably good to have one of those in the mix, but I’ll wait to see where it goes before buying any more issues.
    they better make sure they got they blunts ready though. if it's legal where you are of course. it was just like yay yay yay with all the other books and then oh damn, oh no, nooooo, with this one. But in the best way.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, it took me a while to realize Domino's destiny. But if you look, the white lines that humans wear are sewn to their skin.
    Oh wow. Yikes. Didn’t connect the dots on that either.

This book was awesome. 5 out of 5. I’m in for the longhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    \

I don't think she's dead. Didn't they look to see if she was being resurrected, and she wasn't?

Two things:

1. There is an island full of telepaths that can make them forget about the trauma of dying,

2. Percy is a hack. He drove Green Arrow into the ground, and I have no doubt he'll probably do the same thing here.
    What did mess up?
    Hearing this is making me anxious for his upcoming Wolverine run.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    \

Two things:
    I think she was disconnected from Cerebra so they didn't know if she was alive. It'd be cool to see what happens if she's alive and mutilated so they might have to kill her.

BANNED

The more i think about it the more i get a bit irked by how Xavier was written this issue. Hopefully it is some sort of long con.

It's the one complaint i have though, there's obviously some potential with this book given the subject matter, and he has voices for Beast, Wolverine and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    The more i think about it the more i get a bit irked by how Xavier was written this issue. Hopefully it is some sort of long con.

It's the one complaint i have though, there's obviously some potential with this book given the subject matter, and he has voices for Beast, Wolverine and Jean.
    I think they want to show Magneto and Xavier to both be reckless and to sure about Krakoa and themselves. But this was a bit too much imo hahaha everyone was very incompetent. You have telepaths, long range energy blasters and elementals that could have killed them before they entered Krakoa.