Page 134 of 218 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3266
    BANNED

If Amadeus goes rampage and Hercules isn`t the one that stops him, I`ll call sheenigangs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Kamala doesn’t need more people knowing her identity. Let’s hope Marvel shuts that idea of Zubs down.
    I disagree. Of everyone else possible, I'm of the opinion that Sam, Miles, and Kamala should be close enough by this point to know each other's real identities. Kamala shouldn't be a snowflake in that respect.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I disagree. Of everyone else possible, I'm of the opinion that Sam, Miles, and Kamala should be close enough by this point to know each other's real identities. Kamala shouldn't be a snowflake in that respect.
    In agreement here. Those three I feel are already tight enough. It's worth noting that even when those three were on two separate teams of the Avengers and now with the Champions, they were still in their own little sub-group. Those three have had moments of camraderie in friendship across their own separate solos, and stuff like in Civil War II.

Then again, and I know I won't shut up about this, I've been advocating about a series with just those three from the get-go.

I honestly wouldn't have minded if this series started off as just those three for the first two or three issues. And I'd also enjoy a series of just those three.

Astonishing Member

I feel champions can make as many roster rotations as long as the ANAD trinity stays

Have it follow the model of Justice League Action, where while there are multiple characters that appear and are shifted out, the three constants would be Miles, Sam and Kamala. Looking back at some of the artwork that came out a few years ago, some of the panels in individual issues or covers and variant covers or the like, it was right there! It was a perfect setup. I mean I like Champions all well and good and I'm not saying that it was a mistake, but just imagine the three of them having their own book. Heck, reading ANAD Avengers, I had a bit of a nagging feeling that the way Waid was writing that series, it wanted to focus so much more on the three teens but also had to juggle the older heroes too.

Though of course it would be up in the air at how long such a book like that would last.

Oh for god's sake, we know the formula for Force, Waid!

cham_viv.jpg
    champ_temo.jpg

That would be the left temple, Viv.

Spectacular Member

Anyone else disappointed in how fast Viv 2.0 immediately turned evil? That was basically the most cliche way for it to go and they totally followed the trope.

It kind of made me wonder if Waid didn’t have more plans for that but learned he was off the book, so he had to restore the status quo as quickly as possible by having Viv 2.0 go crazy and human Viv get her body back.

Yeah, issue 17's solicit and cover focused on Red Locust, but in fact she got no more panel time than any of the other new recruits. Cyclops was probably always going to leave at issue 18. I bet Waid had plans for RL to be his replacement... but plans changed and now it's Ironheart and Wasp that stick around instead. You'll notice that Wasp hasn't even properly joined yet - she'll probably be instrumental in sorting out the Viv situation and that'll earn her the roster spot. Riri will choose to stay, Scott will quit (due to the events of Cross Time Caper in Blue) and the others will either quit as well or become reserves. One of them could be called in fast - considering the solicit for Hulk 717.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Honestly I'm just sitting here wondering if Vivian (bot) is even dead. But I suppose given small electromagnetism also killed Vin over in the Vision book... I shouldn't be wondering as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, issue 17's solicit and cover focused on Red Locust, but in fact she got no more panel time than any of the other new recruits. Cyclops was probably always going to leave at issue 18. I bet Waid had plans for RL to be his replacement... but plans changed and now it's Ironheart and Wasp that stick around instead. You'll notice that Wasp hasn't even properly joined yet - she'll probably be instrumental in sorting out the Viv situation and that'll earn her the roster spot. Riri will choose to stay, Scott will quit (due to the events of Cross Time Caper in Blue) and the others will either quit as well or become reserves. One of them could be called in fast - considering the solicit for Hulk 717.
    Are we even sure that Cyclops is gone for good from the book? I mean his absence could just be that that arc is taking place anywhere between the Poison X crossover to the Venomized story especially since X-Men Blue is also covering that with having a new team while the O5 are in space.

Yes, we're sure. Creative team change remember. Cyke was only there in the first place because Waid's a fan of his. Zub said that the other five originals, Riri, Nadia, and the new mystery character (revealed in 20's solicit to be called Snowguard) are the full team. No more Cyclops.

Here's some art from Izaakse's Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's some art from Izaakse's Twitter
    It's kind of funny that we've been debating whether Cyclops is still on the team and now Miles and Sam get their own visors .