Page 161 of 277 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 4155
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Truth, I'm happier that not every character, especially villains, used on the CW shows are comics created characters. I mean let the writers create something.

Sandy Hausler
    In fairness. Given the changes of some they're essentially all new characters most of the time anyway in all but name. Both heroes and villains.

I mean look at Savitar. Nothing like his comic self. And in many ways that made him a WAY better villain in this iteration. Or so I feel. I know some didn't like the reveal but I loved it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I didn't even notice it was all women until Darhk made the comment about getting a necklace. You may be on to something about the sixth totem be.
    Except Zari's brother had the totem before her.

I would like Mick to have the fire totem. At least for a little while, he is Heat Wave. Then after defeating Mallus lose it or have it put away as being too dangerous to control (because he's not a chosen one or something). Too many totems in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She never did. She never used the totem to call upon the power of birds.
    I once speculated that amaya should be able to fly with the spirit totem; don’t know why they don’t do that. And it looks like mick will be getting the fire totem, at least for awhile.

Retired

Would the totem work for Mick--is he selfless enough? I can see him trying to use it for one episode, but then deciding it's not worth it.

They seem to make accommodation for Dominic Purcell so he doesn't need to always be around. Either because he has other things to do or it costs too much money to keep him there. And if he has to be a major player for several episodes, I think that would be too much.

The pirate episode had a generous amount of Heatwave, but other episodes have been severely lacking. With him it's a matter of quality over quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I mean look at Savitar. Nothing like his comic self. And in many ways that made him a WAY better villain in this iteration. Or so I feel. I know some didn't like the reveal but I loved it.
    He was a lot more confusing then comic Savitar, as I recall .
    Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Except Zari's brother had the totem before her.
    And Eshu had the Fire Totem before Mari broke it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Would the totem work for Mick--is he selfless enough? I can see him trying to use it for one episode, but then deciding it's not worth it.
    A person's character doesn't factor into every Totem, otherwise Kuasa wouldn't be able to use the Water Totem or Eshu (the man who sacked Zambesi and killed the Jiwe's) wouldn't have been able to use the Fire Totem himself.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I guess they couldn't get the rights to use actual Elvis songs for this episode.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

That funeral for Axl almost made me teary eyed.

Fun episode. Glad we got a break from the Darhks.

And I noticed no real Elvis songs.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That funeral for Axl almost made me teary eyed.
    He was, in his tiny way, the greatest Legend of them all.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

How many episodes are left? I seem to remember hearing that Constantine would be back for the final episode of the season, but we got a few more left, right?

So/ whomever has the death totem controls the dead, eh? So the legends might fight zombies? Not sure how i feel about that. I have to say this episode bothered me for a lot of reasons; i thought the whole elvis bit was a little self indulgent- then there was the subplot involving mick’s rat- the whole nature of change is making me wonder who’s next.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I guess they couldn't get the rights to use actual Elvis songs for this episode.
    Some songs, like "Amazing Grace," are probably not that expensive to cover. I don't think Elvis wrote any of his songs--and many were recorded by other artists before Elvis covered them.

The big song in this episode was probably supposed to be "That's All Right, Mama"--one of the early rockers by Elvis--but they likely couldn't get the rights. They seem to have settled for "I'm Gone, Mama"--which Elvis never covered, as far as I can find. Jim Murphy recorded that song in 1957--not 1954--and to my ear it sounds a little ahead of its time for 1954. The arrangement is much more advanced than what Elvis was doing on his early records.

This is the Jim Murphy version, which sounds a lot like what we heard on tonight's episode--

I appreciated the deep dive with the music--including the legendary Robert Johnson. But LEGENDS has been on fire since coming back from the break--and by contrast with those previous episodes before it, this one felt tame. Nevertheless, it had some emotional moments that left me verklempt. All the scenes with Axl touched my soul.

It was also fun seeing Wally fit in with the team. While he might be nerfed--it's nerf that makes sense for the show. The brand of nerf on THE FLASH was just Wally falling down inexplicably and then benched for the rest of an episode.

And Maisie Richardson-Sellers has a special brand of magic. The camera could linger on her face for five minutes and I'd be entertained.

I can't say I ever expected to get the Secret Origin of Nate's hair...

Y'know, Wally getting the Key to the City as Kid Flash probably doesn't mean as much given it was probably Mayor Bellows who handed it to him .

I wonder when was the last time any of the Legends actually attended Church? Ray strikes me as the only one who would actually stick with it even as an adult, notwithstanding whether he still believes in God or not. Zari already addressed that she believes in a different God, though she never stuck me as the Faithful type. I guess Amaya is pretty steeped in Zambesi spirituality.

I guess if you've got a Totem that represents spirit it makes sense that there would be a Totem that represented death, though it sounds like it didn't really end that well for the village that had it and it looks like it'll still cause some problems for the Legends.

I love how it was pretty obvious it wasn't actually the Elvis actor singing the fake Elvis songs .

Mick's right, the team has seen a lot of changes over the last few episodes. First they get Zari, then they lose Professor Stein, then they get Earth-X Snart, then Jax leaves, and then Constantine joins for an episode, but then both he and Earth-X Snart leave, and now Wally joins. This is almost as much of a shifting roster as an Avengers team.

Poor Axel. You served the team well .

So it seems the show's solution to Wally solving everything is to just do the opposite of what Team Flash does with Barry and tell him "stop Wally, stop" so they can resolve the episode's situation and emotional conflict through talking rather then running.

Amaya definitely didn't seem to appreciate learning about the time Nate lost his virginity.

So that preacher had enough power in the town to be able to get the Sheriff to lock up Elvis, Nate, and Amaya with no probable cause? I'm used to that kind of show of force from a corrupt mayor or city official (although I guess a Preacher kind of fits that bill).

You can get ancient Zambesi folk songs on Itunes? Go figure.

Amaya saying to Nate that she loves him at the end felt kind of foreboding...

Retired

The most incredible thing was that in the 1950s, in Memphis, the white church-goers were so tolerant of non-white people in their church--to the point of a white man kissing a black woman, more than ten years before Kirk kissed Uhura.

But I'm happy to look the other way on that revisionist history, for the sake of a lovely story.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    How many episodes are left? I seem to remember hearing that Constantine would be back for the final episode of the season, but we got a few more left, right?
    Supergirl is back on April 16th, so four more episodes.