10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It just shows that the X-Office does not care about Storm/BP that was just established that they are together. What would be disappointing is that she starts catching feelings again and disregarded the relationship she just started with T’Challa making Storm look like she going from men to men
    And it’s most likely that they are never gonna care even though Black Panther is now a certified billion dollar franchise. Coates would be better off just having the two end things on more respectable terms this time instead of constantly being trolled by the X-office. It is what it is.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    T'Challa seems to be going to space in his own book in Fresh Start, so I think it makes sense that they are not officially together right now.

I personally hope they just stay friends, but either way, for now I understand the editorial direction.
    Oh that's a good point, would definitly keep them apart for a while. I wonder if Coates will give a last statement of what their situation is when it's time.
    Last edited by ShepardOakenshieldPrime; 03-13-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Haha I suspect you'll be using that a lot (it is a really cute moment and>>>Hudlin)
    I sure will boo. I have to denounce all of the xoffices efforts to send the character back when Coates is trying so hard to move her forward.

It just shows that the X-Office does not care about Storm/BP that was just established that they are together. What would be disappointing is that she starts catching feelings again and disregarded the relationship she just started with T’Challa making Storm look like she going from men to men
    Let's not just limit it to storm and Tchalla. It shows they don't give a frack about anything he has done with the character including her upgrade.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And it’s most likely that they are never gonna care even though Black Panther is now a certified billion dollar franchise. Coates would be better off just having the two end things on more respectable terms this time instead of constantly being trolled by the X-office. It is what it is.
    The xoffices is the problem, not Coates. I'm just utterly fed up with their efforts to erode Coates efforts to make her great. But let's see what happens perhaps storm let's Logan know all they should be are friends.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

We've all learned by now that the X-Office doesn't care about character progression. They wanna keep things the way they've always been. A character can only move forward an ounce before they get dragged back to the same ol' same ol' (rut). Happened HARD with one of my favorites, and I am still salty.

Look at them bringing back the Rogue x Gambit stuff rather than letting BOTH character explore new / healthy relationships with different people we haven't see them crash & burn with already.

May be giving them too much credit, but maybe StormPanther is fine, and they'll just bring up Stormerine to give closure to it. After all one of Logan's old lovers is back in the picture, and supposedly she's a big love he lost a while back. So Logan may go to her -not Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    We've all learned by now that the X-Office doesn't care about character progression. They wanna keep things the way they've always been. A character can only move forward an ounce before they get dragged back to the same ol' same ol' (rut). Happened HARD with one of my favorites, and I am still salty.

Look at them bringing back the Rogue x Gambit stuff rather than letting BOTH character explore new / healthy relationships with different people we haven't see them crash & burn with already.

May be giving them too much credit, but maybe StormPanther is fine, and they'll just bring up Stormerine to give closure to it. After all one of Logan's old lovers is back in the picture, and supposedly she's a big love he lost a while back. So Logan may go to her -not Storm.
    Silver Fang that's why I love you. Thank you closure is what I expect too.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Mariko and Jean. Let's face it; Storm was never top choice. She's barely in the running and things wont end well for her if Marvel tries to dig that back up.

Incredible Member

So whats the x-offices point? If they don't care for the character, then stop using her...jeez. Its so irritating. She gets so much out in the general Marvel U and back at the X-side she barely knows what her abilities are. Its no wonder why people think Storm is weak sauce. She so far away from her claremontian self that its tragic.

I'm convinced that Kitty should've led the New mutants team and Storm should've had her own squad.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    So whats the x-offices point? If they don't care for the character, then stop using her...jeez. Its so irritating. She gets so much out in the general Marvel U and back at the X-side she barely knows what her abilities are. Its no wonder why people think Storm is weak sauce. She so far away from her claremontian self that its tragic.

I'm convinced that Kitty should've led the New mutants team and Storm should've had her own squad.
    Some characters just don't receive good treatment at the X-Office. I brought them up a page or 2 back.

Gambit
    Storm
    Sabretooth
    Mystique

All of these characters have fallen off and are mockeries of what they once were. The way the X-Office acts and has them written, it seems they hate these characters. Or don't care for them at best. Yet they still keep them around, rather than sending them to limbo like many others. Gambit & Sabretooth are accessories. They strictly exist for the benefit of other characters. (Rogue + The Wolverines respectively). Mystique comes in handy whenever they need a random villain for a story.

Storm could run the risk of being Logan's accessory like Creed if she gets paired up with him again. Otherwise, seems they just keep her around so they can say they still have one black X-character. They trashed all the other ones. Wallpaper. It's clear they don't keep her around to give her development or good moments. You can say she's a Kitty Pryde accessory since Pryde is leading the X-teams and Storm has evidently been depicted as an incompetent leader for years since Kitty came up.

Storm may be around for "diversity" and (like Gambit & Creed) to make other writer-pet characters look better.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-13-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Incredible Member

I'm already prepared for Wolverine's imminent courting of Storm when he returns properly. I'm convinced Wolvie will be in a love triangle with Storm and Jean and I'll be sitting there seething with hatred. He'd also have banged Emma at some point that will be revealed and probably end up with Polaris. Once again the writers can live their fantasies out through Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I sure will boo. I have to denounce all of the xoffices efforts to send the character back when Coates is trying so hard to move her forward.

Let's not just limit it to storm and Tchalla. It shows they don't give a frack about anything he has done with the character including her upgrade.
    That’s because BP isn’t apart of the X-Men clearly and it doesn’t matter what’s storm does in there if the X-Office or X-Editors doesn’t recognize it? It doesn’t exist which REALLY sucks. Because these characters can’t grow without them saying so.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    With the X-Office I believe it doesn’t matter what other franchise do with their characters if they don’t recognize it in their stories it does not exist. That’s why Rogue will suffer and Storm. They are expanding into other places but the X-Office is like NOPE don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance....

The problem with Storm and T'Challa in the comics hasn't changed. They are controlled by two different editorial offices. The Black Panther is under Avengers editorial and Storm is part of the X-Men editorial control. So what happens in Black Panther doesn't necessarily influence what happens in the X-Books. I won't be surprised if she's with T'Challa in his book and flirty with Wolverine in the X-Men with neither book addressing the difference.

Yup to the bolded.

@Coates. Bless his heart. He's trying mighty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance....
    That she could never make this mistake again? God i'm hoping
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡