Page 163 of 277 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 4155
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Super stupid episode but also super fun. Man, I love this show.

And I'm too lazy to check but does Legends have different writers from the Flash? Wally has been a drag on the Flash pretty much since his introduction but all it's taken is a few short appearances on Legends to make me really like him. He's still extremely different from his comics counterpart - or maybe he actually is closer to NuWally in personaity: I haven't read Flash in ages so it's possible, I guess - but he has had this goofy charm on Legends that really works for him.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Super stupid episode but also super fun. Man, I love this show.

And I'm too lazy to check but does Legends have different writers from the Flash? Wally has been a drag on the Flash pretty much since his introduction but all it's taken is a few short appearances on Legends to make me really like him. He's still extremely different from his comics counterpart - or maybe he actually is closer to NuWally in personaity: I haven't read Flash in ages so it's possible, I guess - but he has had this goofy charm on Legends that really works for him.
    Haven't read New52, or when NuWally was first introduced, but he's been okay so far. And had a brief thing with Tanya Power Girl (brief because she transferred her consciousness into a realm between dimensions or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Such as the time they went to a southern plantation back in the Civil War. I was surprised just how heavy and serious that episode was considering the general goofiness of the show.
    Yeah, the ONLY episode in which Amaya and Jax said more than one word to each other or had any real meaningful interaction with each other. They are (were) the only two black people on the ship and they BARELY acknowledged each other in episodes. I'm not liking how the writers/executive producers handle black characters on these CW shows (EXCEPT for "Black Lightning", so far because Mara Brock Akil and her husband are working on that one).

And didn't Wally basically call Amaya the "b" word in one of these recent episodes? Yeah, I'm not liking this one bit. They bring the "new" black guy in to "replace" the other black guy and he's already at odds with the black woman.

Now some people reading this might not think it really matters and wonder what I'm ranting about, but when you keep seeing the SAME types of things over and over and over again across numerous episodes AND numerous TV shows, it's a problem.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 03-13-2018 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Yeah, the ONLY episode in which Amaya and Jax said more than one word to each other or had any real meaningful interaction with each other. They are (were) the only two black people on the ship and they BARELY acknowledged each other in episodes. I'm not liking how the writers/executive producers handle black characters on these CW shows (EXCEPT for "Black Lightning", so far because Mara Brock Akil and her husband are working on that one).

And didn't Wally basically call Amaya the "b" word in one of these recent episodes? Yeah, I'm not liking this one bit. They bring the "new" black guy in to "replace" the other black guy and he's already at odds with the black woman.

Now some people reading this might not think it really matters and wonder what I'm ranting about, but when you keep seeing the SAME types of things over and over and over again across numerous episodes AND numerous TV shows, it's a problem.
    Makes me wonder if wally will stick around when jax comes back, or if they’ll be best buds.

I agree with your overarching point, but the bolded isn't exactly fair. Context matters. Wally and Nate are friends and he did not know Nate was dating Amaya, he simply knew his friend got dumped on his birthday. He wouldn't refer to this at-this-point unknown woman favorably.

For others who need a visual (everything pops up on youtube eventually):

I doubt Amaya would hold it against him because 1) he didn't know it was her 2) she DID dump Nate on his birthday 3) Wally was sticking up for a friend. Its not like Wally knowingly and willingly called Amaya a b.

As for the rest, agreed and even though I'm sure she's already forgotten it I doubt they'll interact much if at all, let alone have more lines together. Not to mention Jax never had a love interest (just a crush on Hawkgirl) and I doubt they'll give Wally one either.

What don't you like about the way black people are handled on Arrow, Flash, or Supergirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    As for the rest, agreed and even though I'm sure she's already forgotten it I doubt they'll interact much if at all, let alone have more lines together. Not to mention Jax never had a love interest (just a crush on Hawkgirl) and I doubt they'll give Wally one either.
    He apparently still got some action though.

"Well done, Jefferson" .

But, seriously, I have my doubts we'll see any serious romance for Wally either. I doubt he'll hook-up with anyone on the team (not much options anyways) though maybe he'll get a one-episode period romance like some of the rest of the team have had.

I also think Legends will probably care less about the importance of Linda Park to Wally West then even The Flash did.

Though Jesse is confirmed to be showing up at some point, so we'll see what they do there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He apparently still got some action though.

"Well done, Jefferson" .
    But wasn't the "action" off screen?

But, seriously, I have my doubts we'll see any serious romance for Wally either. I doubt he'll hook-up with anyone on the team (not much options anyways) though maybe he'll get a one-episode period romance like some of the rest of the team have had.
    Agreed, though I guess as a consolation prize I think Wally and Zari will be awesome [platonic] friends.

I also think Legends will probably care less about the importance of Linda Park to Wally West then even The Flash did.
    Well they could introduce a younger sister of Linda named Lynn that starts to date LOL who am I kidding I couldn't even finish that.

Though Jesse is confirmed to be showing up at some point, so we'll see what they do there.
    As a one-off resolution I'd imagine. Since before it happened off screen, now it'll happen ON screen.

Great shades of Elvis, that was a fun one! "Death" totem? You don't think...she...would show up, do you? I would've liked to see Elvis join the Legends, but he had a destiny to fulfill, and he was a bit green at this time. That was Jess Harnell doing the singing? Interesting. Too bad they couldn't somehow sneak in a reference to Captain Marvel Jr.

I guess it makes sense for Zari to show Wally the ropes since she was the last "new guy", although I am hoping to see him with Nate more and some interaction with Mick. I liked the mention of getting the key to Central City with Barry and him reflecting on meeting Joe so late in his life.

So Amaya likes Benny Goodman, eh? I can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I have to say this episode bothered me for a lot of reasons; i thought the whole elvis bit was a little self indulgent- then there was the subplot involving mick’s rat- the whole nature of change is making me wonder who’s next.
    I think this show reached its lowest in terms of being self indulgent when they met George Lucas. At least this time Nate mentioned how Elvis and rock n roll inspired social movements.

I wonder when was the last time any of the Legends actually attended Church? Ray strikes me as the only one who would actually stick with it even as an adult, notwithstanding whether he still believes in God or not. Zari already addressed that she believes in a different God, though she never stuck me as the Faithful type. I guess Amaya is pretty steeped in Zambesi spirituality.
    Zari prayed facing Mecca in one episode. It seems implied that she's still practicing her faith, so maybe she's the most religious of them? Not counting Stein, who was a Rabbi or something.

They're killing me with the no Linda Park thing! I get that they wanted to go ahead with the Jesse relationship, but they've had Magenta and Golden Glider and I didn't care about their romance with Wally. But give me SOME Linda already! Did the Dr. Light encounter spook her out of this entire universe or something?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Makes me wonder if wally will stick around when jax comes back, or if they’ll be best buds.
    Jax is coming back?

Sandy Hausler

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I guess if you've got a Totem that represents spirit it makes sense that there would be a Totem that represented death, though it sounds like it didn't really end that well for the village that had it and it looks like it'll still cause some problems for the Legends.
    It took me a while to get used to a Death Totem, but it soon made sense to me.

I guess the Totem choose Elvis because of what happened to his twin brother.

I wish they did explain how the Death Totem got on the guitar.

I love how it was pretty obvious it wasn't actually the Elvis actor singing the fake Elvis songs .
    You would think they could have gone to the effort finding someone who sings.

This is almost as much of a shifting roster as an Avengers team.

Poor Axel. You served the team well.
    Maybe they'll get a Time Cat next.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The most incredible thing was that in the 1950s, in Memphis, the white church-goers were so tolerant of non-white people in their church--to the point of a white man kissing a black woman, more than ten years before Kirk kissed Uhura.

But I'm happy to look the other way on that revisionist history, for the sake of a lovely story.
    I think after seeing ghosts, the church-goers will accept anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Jax is coming back?

Sandy Hausler
    Was I not supposed to spill that!?

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I forgot to add that I like the effects of Axl-ghost.

With more empathizes on Ray's love of musicals. I wonder if the Music Meister is going to make an appearance in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I agree with your overarching point, but the bolded isn't exactly fair. Context matters. Wally and Nate are friends and he did not know Nate was dating Amaya, he simply knew his friend got dumped on his birthday. He wouldn't refer to this at-this-point unknown woman favorably.

For others who need a visual (everything pops up on youtube eventually):

I doubt Amaya would hold it against him because 1) he didn't know it was her 2) she DID dump Nate on his birthday 3) Wally was sticking up for a friend. Its not like Wally knowingly and willingly called Amaya a b.

I knew what the context was, but overall for me we are still given the visual/idea that a black man is trashing a black woman, which is something done in tons of other TV shows/movies because very rarely on screen do we see black men and black women getting along. We know what Wally's reasoning wass, but the visuals and impact of his comment against this black woman are still there. I think the writers could have handled that scene much better than they did. And unless I missed it, not even Nate called Amaya out of her name, not to her or to anyone else, and he was the one who was hurt.

Astonishing Member

Personally the funniest part of this show was the way they tried to explain that Wally shouldn't just super speed everything when in truth that'd be the answer in essentially every situation this show has had.

"You have to be a scalpel, not a bludgeon"

I mean the way Wally does it is in theory the much better result in any possible scenario. Or so the show seems to support so far.

You'd think the easiest way to show why that wouldn't always work and have him slow down simply being that history is messy and not always as neat as it sounds which the show DOES support, instead of saying doing it that way isn't good which it DOESN'T so far support.