View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 68 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172781181685681068 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 16972
    Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    The ages of Young Avengers characters is kind of a mess.
    Well, they aged a bit which is probably more than the main characters do. Sidekicks always grow up while Batman stays the same.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Well, they aged a bit which is probably more than the main characters do. Sidekicks always grow up while Batman stays the same.
    They aged a bit, sure, but my point is it's kind of disproportionate in that they aged 2 years without there being anything in between.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Always welcomes. You want "Dark Wolverine vol. 1 #75-77 (called "the Prince") by Daniel Way & Marjorie Liu (TPB very easy to find). It's got Daken playing with Ares, Bullseye, the Fantastic Four and Osborne. In that same vein Siege: X-men contained Dark Wolverine #82-84; the second best arc, and a similar mentality to "the Prince" where Osborne and Bullseye are really put through the ringer. I'd also recommend "Collision" (the Daken: Dark Wolverine/X-23 crossover TPB). Daken flirts with Gambit... nuff said ("Collision" and "the Prince" were voted the two most popular Daken solo stories on his Appreciation thread)

I love all these, but I just wish someone else had drawn it. Someone who would have made Daken pretty
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Williams didn't do it for me (not like Way/Liu). I think it's because he had less fun people to play with/we didn't see Daken manipulate anywhere near as much. GOD, I want Daken to join the Hellfire Club and get a solo series manipulating the hell (*snicker*) out of all of them!!!
    Honestly, that's exactly why I liked Williams' run more than the others. The other writers made him so skilled that it was boring. No one was a match for him. It didn't even look like it was particularly tough for him. Every single character he came across fell immediately and completely for his tricks. He was always able to get the exact reactions he wanted from everyone.

I just found it boring and obnoxious. Then Williams came in and had him get played. He had to actually work at ****. And he was still capable of failure, which was never an option under other writers. Liu and Way never would've had that female cop reject him. More likely, she would've confessed her love for him, and then he would've rejected her.

Williams wrote a much, much more interesting take on the character than any other writer has ever had. He was the only one to make him a genuinely interesting character, because he was the only one to actually challenge the character.

The Mighty Destroyer (Roger Aubrey) showed up in All New Invaders today. He referred to himself as "An incredibly dashing older gay gentleman".

Guess he can have the "deceased" tag removed from his name on the first page list.

I adore you! (plus... for anyone who doesn't know, Greg is a model and fiiiiiiiiine as all day!)
    :humbled blush

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

:humbled google of 'Greg' comes to no avail:

So many beards.
    greg.jpg
    Last edited by America / Bucky / Russia; 09-25-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

:humbled google of 'Greg' comes to no avail:

So many beards.
    Ahaha. XD

Seriously, pix or it didn't happen!

/selfish-desire.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

The guy on the far right looks alright for a daddy type....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Lol, my modeling name is Donnie Dae.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Lol, my modeling name is Donnie Dae.
    MUCH better! Thank you and good luck with your career!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    MUCH better! Thank you and good luck with your career!
    Heh, thanks.

What do people think of Molly von Richthofen in Ennis' run on Punisher? I like seeing someone LGBT in a law authority, when I'm pretty sure we have no other characters like that in the MU. Maybe there are some who only appear in 1 issue or are a background character, but I don't think there are any notable ones. I think DC have fared a little better with the Renee arc of Gotham Central, though. I feel Richthofen was less good in War Zone though. It's interesting for in that story Ennis to briefly explore the idea of bicurious relationships there but I was disappointed when reading it that in the time since Welcome Back, Frank she hadn't found a solid relationship and proceeded to spend most of the story single and hanging out with Frank Castle. Ennis featured a gay mob guy too in that story who ended up having sex with a pumpkin, which was weird to say the least.
    I didn't know any of these characters, will add them to the OP list (well maybe not gay pumpkin f*cker; do you have a name?). Thanking-you kindly. I will say Victoria Hand was "sort of" a law authority, and she was a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I love all these, but I just wish someone else had drawn it. Someone who would have made Daken pretty
    Oh, see here I disagree. I loved his Daken (his Daken casual clothes styling was awesome/fashion forward). I also think he made him sexy, not necessarily in a pretty boy way (though he was pretty) but in the "bad to the bone bad boy" way. Confidence and bad-assery is sexy too! That said, Choi drew the sexist Daken.

YOU MUST LOVE THIS CROTCH SHOT! LOVE IT, I SAY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Honestly, that's exactly why I liked Williams' run more than the others. The other writers made him so skilled that it was boring. No one was a match for him. It didn't even look like it was particularly tough for him. Every single character he came across fell immediately and completely for his tricks. He was always able to get the exact reactions he wanted from everyone.
    I just found it boring and obnoxious. Then Williams came in and had him get played. He had to actually work at ****. And he was still capable of failure, which was never an option under other writers. Liu and Way never would've had that female cop reject him. More likely, she would've confessed her love for him, and then he would've rejected her.
    Williams wrote a much, much more interesting take on the character than any other writer has ever had. He was the only one to make him a genuinely interesting character, because he was the only one to actually challenge the character.
    We've disagree on this before. Daken was, by no means, infallible. In the first arc he was owned by Bullseye in their fight. In the second arc he was chumped by Z-listers (which was the point) and mocked by his whole team. In the third arc the Norns basically belittled him and showed him how his path is a failure. This, to me, is not someone who always wins, always takes everyone down easily, etc. He was challenged plenty by Liu/Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    The Mighty Destroyer (Roger Aubrey) showed up in All New Invaders today. He referred to himself as "An incredibly dashing older gay gentleman".
    Guess he can have the "deceased" tag removed from his name on the first page list.
    WHAT???? Oh, this is awesome, will update this ASAP. Was it mentioned why he's alive? Was the V-battalion present? And I LOVE this LGBT status is mentioned (see Hickman, it IS possible!)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    :humbled blush:
    Hey, I just call it as it is; and you clearly work hard (both as a model and on your body). You deserve your praise, it's hard earned.

More Camuncoli hotness...

Do any of the LGBT posters here take issue with the arguments made to retcon established heterosexual characters into homosexual characters?

I'm curious where the LGBT community on CBR lands in that regard?

The reason I ask is that I've seen some posters met with a significant amount of hostility and backlash -- with accussations of homophobia and biogotry and close mindedness, etc -- when arguing against their favorite character being revealed to be a lesbian, or transgender, or gay, etc. when they'd previously been written as heterosexual.