Page 763 of 827 FirstFirst ... 263663713753759760761762763764765766767773813 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,445 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I blame season 5 for the Metahuman cure.
    It's been a while since I've seen it, but wasn't one of Cisco's fears about the cure that it would be used against Metahumans against their wishes? That it would be forced upon them? Why the hell did the CCPD have a stockpile of the stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's been a while since I've seen it, but wasn't one of Cisco's fears about the cure that it would be used against Metahumans against their wishes? That it would be forced upon them? Why the hell did the CCPD have a stockpile of the stuff?
    Not just a stockpile, apparently an open line to Argus in the event something ever happens to the stockpile and they need to replenish it? WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Not just a stockpile, apparently an open line to Argus in the event something ever happens to the stockpile and they need to replenish it? WTF
    Suddenly the Legends' future of Argus taking over the world and turning on Metahumans seems like a possibility again.

Suddenly the Legends' future of Argus taking over the world and turning on Metahumans seems like a possibility again.
    Isn't John around to stop all this? Or at least give heroes a heads up this is coming their way? Or is the implication he's off Earth gallivanting as a Green Lantern now? But he's got two kids now, so I can't see him leaving them...unless he agrees with this direction? So many questions...

I'm usually not one to say "Why doesn't [hero from this other show] come in and do this or that?" but he's been established as a link to the Flash as well as being Barry's friend from Barry's time on Arrow. Plus with the heavy usage of Argus, plus his connection to Argus (working there and being married to the HEAD of Argus) his absence is kinda jarring.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Now if they brought that back around full circle and that is used to get Cisco's ass out the door, that'd be cool.

Otherwise I am glad he is going in any case.

I saw people on twitter seemingly ready to jump off a cliff at the news, like, honestly, what has he brought to the show in the last few seasons besides whatever deus ex plot based tech they need for that episode? Chester can do that just fine now.

Cisco has done literally all he can do on the show and has grown beyond stale.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Yeah, I like Cisco, but him staying even after taking the Metahuman-Cure just felt forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Isn't John around to stop all this? Or at least give heroes a heads up this is coming their way? Or is the implication he's off Earth gallivanting as a Green Lantern now? But he's got two kids now, so I can't see him leaving them...unless he agrees with this direction? So many questions...

I'm usually not one to say "Why doesn't [hero from this other show] come in and do this or that?" but he's been established as a link to the Flash as well as being Barry's friend from Barry's time on Arrow. Plus with the heavy usage of Argus, plus his connection to Argus (working there and being married to the HEAD of Argus) his absence is kinda jarring.
    Well, Diggle's going to be showing up on every show, so we'll see...

I hate that it was even on the table. The judge should have shut that down immediately. It's like forced sterilization- there is no way that is anything but reprehensible.
    And yet forced sterilizations happen so there's a legal precedent. I was wondering if they would bring that up in the episode, but considering that's usually used for pedophiles and sex offenders I guess they didn't want to be seen as drawing that parallel here. Frost's argument isn't surprising - we've seen the metaphor used before in other things, but most metahumans in "The Flash" aren't like mutants - most of them aren't born this way, so her argument didn't hit home with me the way they want it to.

I think this episode fell a bit flat with me since we've all seen legal dramas written much more effectively. I think they needed to get a writer who knows more about the law or something since that aspect of the show seemed weak. When they thought the cure would kill her, why not enter that scientific data into evidence as the cure would then be "cruel and unusual" since it would be a death sentence? It turned out to just be a bit of drama in the episode that went nowhere and didn't create more story so it was a waste of time, imo. And shouldn't Caitlin be arrested for confessing to destroying the cure? It's silly that she wasn't. And, it was also a ridiculous plan - maybe I missed a line, but did they think this was the only cure in existence?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, I like Cisco, but him staying even after taking the Metahuman-Cure just felt forced.
    Why? He was on team Flash for years before getting powers, so it's not like he had nothing to offer the team if he wasn't Vibe. (although I think his reasoning for taking the cure was what seemed forced)

Because it was not just about his powers, he gave off every vibe (heh) that he wanted a normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And yet forced sterilizations happen so there's a legal precedent. I was wondering if they would bring that up in the episode, but considering that's usually used for pedophiles and sex offenders I guess they didn't want to be seen as drawing that parallel here. Frost's argument isn't surprising - we've seen the metaphor used before in other things, but most metahumans in "The Flash" aren't like mutants - most of them aren't born this way, so her argument didn't hit home with me the way they want it to.

I think this episode fell a bit flat with me since we've all seen legal dramas written much more effectively. I think they needed to get a writer who knows more about the law or something since that aspect of the show seemed weak. When they thought the cure would kill her, why not enter that scientific data into evidence as the cure would then be "cruel and unusual" since it would be a death sentence? It turned out to just be a bit of drama in the episode that went nowhere and didn't create more story so it was a waste of time, imo. And shouldn't Caitlin be arrested for confessing to destroying the cure? It's silly that she wasn't. And, it was also a ridiculous plan - maybe I missed a line, but did they think this was the only cure in existence?

Why? He was on team Flash for years before getting powers, so it's not like he had nothing to offer the team if he wasn't Vibe. (although I think his reasoning for taking the cure was what seemed forced)
    Did they know ARGUS also made a cure?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I mean, I can kind of get it because, whether they weren't born with it or not, their powers are a part of them and their identity now.

Oddly enough this feels well-timed with the Pierces having to deal with not having powers on Black Lightning.
    It is kind of funny that Caitlin confesses to, like, 2-3 different crimes and no one cares because "Killer Frost is a dangerous criminal!"

I think it hinged on the idea that CCPD was the only place where all the cure was stored.
    Did they know ARGUS also made a cure?
    I think it was only recently that they did once Kramer delivered it to them.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I still can't get over the embodied Speed Force spoilers:
    murdering Alexa at the end, and tricking Barry into helping it/her do so.
    end of spoilers That's just a special level of messed-up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Woah. Now THIS seems more like the Speed Force, who allowed Thawne to kills Barry's mom!

Also, Life without parole for Frost? Yeeeeah, obviously not gonna stick.

Woah. Now THIS seems more like the Speed Force, who allowed Thawne to kills Barry's mom!

I don't understand the point of that plea. Instead of 10 to 20, she goes with life?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well, it only said it let Zoom kill Henry, but I guess it could have done the same for Thawne with Nora.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't understand the point of that plea. Instead of 10 to 20, she goes with life?
    I mean, it was basically to show how serious she was about not taking the cure.

Really, I don't get why the judge thought she deserved it after that speech.