Page 110 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1779

So I guess Jennifer is just that powerful, that she alone can power through the emiter.

Never thought they'd pick up the whole Shadow Board thing again.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Shadow board hadn't been a thing since season 1.

Kobra had a anticlimactic end.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Shadow board hadn't been a thing since season 1.

Kobra had a anticlimactic end.
    Maybe the shadow board can show up in other shows, so they can seem more important.
    "I thought Blacklightning, was a badass!". Love this line from Ishmael.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Maybe the shadow board can show up in other shows, so they can seem more important.
    "I thought Blacklightning, was a badass!". Love this line from Ishmael.
    I can only see them having an impact on Painkiller as it's spinning off this show. This show is pretty disconnected from the rest of the Arrowverse.

Good **** on this show using "Protect ya Neck" on Painkiller's action scene.

Has Black Lightning always been able to go invisible? I feel like I should remember that feature.

Couldn't Anissa still have gone to the side instead of being hit by the car?

They make fun of the dead guy taxiderming his dog when it turns out to have been a boon to get them the flashdrive they needed.

Anissa is willing to use stolen money, Jennifer is obsessed with her powers, Lynn's lawyer uses his connections to get Lynn out...how much should we be questioning our protagonists' ethics?

Are Jefferson and Lynn ever not going to have marital problems? If it's not what Lynn's mad about this week or what Jefferson is fuming about it's Lynn getting in contact with an old college boyfriend and Jefferson not being happy about it since it was behind his back and he couldn't do anything.

Jennifer. Literally. Never. Learns. She keeps doing dumb and stupid stuff because she doesn't know any better and never acknowledges or learns from it. And now she gets rewarded. I hope whatever is up there in the ionosphere screws her over so her getting her powers back backfires spectacularly .

How hard is the show trying to sell us on the Painkiller spinoff by literally giving him a major scene almost ever episode after the stealth pilot?

Wow, Gambi's girl finding out the truth went...better than I expected. Especially when he really didn't explain anything to her. And then she just sits down and he hands her a drink. I guess the sex is just that good.

I don't know what was more memorable, that female goon throwing herself at Painkiller or that one goon who was ready to take him on hand-to-hand until he got Painkiller'd. I feel like he deserved better than that.

Tobias hiring Ishmael condenses the show's antagonists quite well, although I wonder if he took issue with the Kobra Cartel's human trafficking. I guess we're never going to see Lady Eve, huh?

Anissa doesn't seem to understand the idea of being a normal person anymore. Like, I get she can do a lot of good, but is being normal so bad? She was normal for most of her life. And Grace having valid, real, concerns is enough to get Anissa to just fume off.

So Tobias is secretly trying to get into a secret criminal organization of ethnically diverse crime bosses? Kind of a random thing to throw in there at the end. And they have weird holographic communicators inside a box, but this show keeps getting absurd with tech.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Tobias is secretly trying to get into a secret criminal organization of ethnically diverse crime bosses? Kind of a random thing to throw in there at the end. And they have weird holographic communicators inside a box, but this show keeps getting absurd with tech.
    That was the Shadow Board from all the way back to season one. Lady Eve was a member and Tobias wanted a seat at the table, then it was never mentioned again after her "death". They remind me a lot of how The Light was handled in Young Justice.

I do agree that was placed way too late in the series. I seriously wonder if they even knew they were doing a final season since they're introducing so many new elements that likely won't get a pay-off.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    That was the Shadow Board from all the way back to season one. Lady Eve was a member and Tobias wanted a seat at the table, then it was never mentioned again after her "death". They remind me a lot of how The Light was handled in Young Justice.

I do agree that was placed way too late in the series. I seriously wonder if they even knew they were doing a final season since they're introducing so many new elements that likely won't get a pay-off.
    It's been so long I had completely forgotten about them.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Are Jefferson and Lynn ever not going to have marital problems? If it's not what Lynn's mad about this week or what Jefferson is fuming about it's Lynn getting in contact with an old college boyfriend and Jefferson not being happy about it since it was behind his back and he couldn't do anything.
    In their own way, they are just as childish as Jennifer.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    In their own way, they are just as childish as Jennifer.
    To be honest I'm wondering to myself if any of the Pierces have really grown that much in the past few seasons.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

To be honest I'm wondering to myself if any of the Pierces have really grown that much in the past few seasons.
    You wouldn't be the only one thinking that, Frontier.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

It's disappointing because one of things I liked about the show's first season (and maybe second) is that the characters, while flawed, usually made sensible decisions and didn't fall into CW-esque traps.

Incredible Member

I haven't watched many episodes this season but I really like this family. It's sad that they're not in the current comics especially now that the show is ending.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I haven't watched many episodes this season but I really like this family. It's sad that they're not in the current comics especially now that the show is ending.
    Comics-wise they just recently brought back Anissa and Jennifer as Jefferson's daughters.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post

Maybe the Shadow Board will get picked up for the Painkiller spinoff, assuming the network goes ahead with that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Honestly, I was outright shocked seeing the trailer for the rest of the Season, realizing that only 3 episodes are left.

This Season is probably the worst of the series, falling victim to the "CW Season 4 curse". I mean seriously, we are 10 episodes in and basically nothing whatsoever has happened. Even Season 2 looks good next to this one.

(My favorite Season would be Season 3 btw, followed by Season 1)