Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Jean Grey had been judged by the Shi’ars… Why supposing that Magneto will be judged by the authorities of Krakoa?
    The fact that it will be a murder in mutant territory perpetrated by a mutant.

Unless the assassinated is an alien and said empire threatens to invade Krakoa, he will be tried in Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Not really as x-factor is cancelled

It's a mini

X-MEN: THE TRIAL OF MAGNETO #1 (OF 5)
    Written by LEAH WILLIAMS
    Art by LUCAS WERNECK
    Cover by VALERIO SCHITI
    On Sale 8/18!
    Interesting how the art is now by Lucas Werneck rather than Valerio Schiti. Not that I'm complaining because I also find Lucas to be excellent, but I'm now wondering if there was a change of plans with the artists or if Valerio is doing another new book with Leah.

Extraordinary Member

A horrific murder. A horrifying revelation. A trial that will divide the new mutant nation.
    Oooh, maybe we find out who the fake mutant was.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Interesting how the art is now by Lucas Werneck rather than Valerio Schiti. Not that I'm complaining because I also find Lucas to be excellent, but I'm now wondering if there was a change of plans with the artists or if Valerio is doing another new book with Leah.
    I think Schiti was always meant to be the penciller, someone mess up and put this name as he was the artist. he is fine on sword

The more I think about it, the more I like a classic murder mystery story at a fancy gala. The research aspect is more interesting than the trial aspect itself.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

A horrific murder. A horrifying revelation. A trial that will divide the new mutant nation.

This thrilling saga will threaten the Reign of X and upend the world of mutants. And with the very future of Krakoa hanging in the balance, mutantkind’s relationship with the rest of the Marvel Universe may never be the same. The current team of mutant investigators from Leah Williams’ acclaimed run on X-FACTOR will play a vital role in solving this complex mystery, and fans should pick up X-FACTOR #10, a Hellfire Gala tie-in and the final issue of the series, on June 30 to discover whose tragic fall leads into this new X-Men epic.

“When has Magneto ever allowed bureaucracy to get between himself and what’s just? In the island paradise of Krakoa, safe haven and home for mutants--Magneto’s hard-fought, greatest desire of seeing his people at peace and thriving has finally been achieved. But Magneto’s loyalty extends only as far as it is first earned, so after the Hellfire Gala, when he learns that even a paradise could still be filled with lies...the TRIAL OF MAGNETO will begin,” Williams teases.

"I am so looking forward to working with Leah, especially with this project,” Werneck says. “Leah has incredible sensitivity in her writing and is able to craft stories that are layered and mysterious and fun for readers so I think she is perfect to write this story. Participating in the Hellfire Gala and now being invited to be part of this project is really a dream."

So it isnīt Doom but itīs someone who held a secret in Krakoa that Magneto discovered after the Gala

X-factor will end but they will do the investigation.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I hope not many mutant series end up like Jason Aaron's Thor which has a single story spread across five or six series. Ok, # 1 sell more, but it's annoying.

Extraordinary Member

RIP Prodigy.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The X-Men branding above the title is new, unless I've been blind as **** and never noticed it before

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The X-Men branding above the title is new, unless I've been blind as **** and never noticed it before
    They had it at the beginning of the X of Swords one-shots

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I hope not many mutant series end up like Jason Aaron's Thor which has a single story spread across five or six series. Ok, # 1 sell more, but it's annoying.
    The relaunches were because of secret wars and the change of thors.

This one is pure gimmick to see if get better sales than X-factor. Bieng a mini I'm not so sure

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They had it at the beginning of the X of Swords one-shots
    Guess I'm just a dumbass then lol

But yeah so Magneto kills somebody at the Gala, or at the least is framed for it. Interesting how that will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The relaunches were because of secret wars and the change of thors.

This one is pure gimmick to see if get better sales than X-factor. Bieng a mini I'm not so sure
    The Unworthy Thor and King Thor were exactly the same as we are looking at this. There was no need for them to be mini.

The fact that X-Factor got cancelled befor Excalibur is annoying AF.

Incredible Member

Killing/attacking council members is a crime that gets people sent in stasis, as per Excalibur. Mystique has definitely joined up with Orchis (since Devo knew who she was when she entered based off his dialogue about being able to see with his technology) and has probably helped Nimrod be made. If Magneto skewers her in front of everyone after Orchis crashes the gala, that's something that's trial worthy.