Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Another day, another announcement.

2. DEFENDERS VOLUME 2 collects: Defenders (1972) 20-41, Annual 1, Giant-Size 3-5; Marvel Two in One 6-7; Marvel Treasury Edition 12, material from Mystery Tales (1952) 21, World of Fntasy (1956) 11, Tales of Suspense (1959) 9

The second Defenders Omnibus will be out in July of 2023!! I hope we get another Jorge Molina cover.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-17-2022 at 07:56 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The second Defenders Omnibus will be out in July of 2023!! I hope we get another Jorge Molina cover.
    YAY! This is great news! I have been asking if #2 was coming soon.

Thanks for posting this Rev.

I like the standard edition cover by Al Milgrom so if Jorge Molina does another cover, it will have to outdo that one for me, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    YAY! This is great news! I have been asking if #2 was coming soon.

Thanks for posting this Rev.

I like the standard edition cover by Al Milgrom so if Jorge Molina does another cover, it will have to outdo that one for me, lol!
    Of course. Sharing the good news.

I'm the opposite, if it isn't Molina, it's the Gil Kane cover me.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Agreed.
    Tini Howard’s 2019 Strikeforce title would be a good fit for this, as the premise was essentially a group of mismatched characters who got together to tackle a specific mission.

The title could be revived for any number of volumes/mini series, whenever a creative team has an idea they want to try out, instead of taking an established name that yeah, isn’t being used but still has a dedicated fan base that might not appreciate a reimagining of the property.

Like when Thunderbolts went from this…

…to this.
    Oh my God, I completely forgot about that…

Of course. Sharing the good news.

I'm the opposite, if it isn't Molina, it's the Gil Kane cover me.
    LOL, that's funny that we like the opposite covers.

But we are still friends!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^That'd be so very cool…!

Wow, this is pretty cool!

Who is the artist on that piece?

LOL, that's funny that we like the opposite covers.

But we are still friends!
    Of course! That way we don't have to squabble over the same things.

Here's what's in the Omnibus.

2. DEFENDERS VOLUME 2 collects: Defenders (1972) 20-41, Annual 1, Giant-Size 3-5; Marvel Two in One 6-7; Marvel Treasury Edition 12, material from Mystery Tales (1952) 21, World of Fntasy (1956) 11, Tales of Suspense (1959) 9

Who is the artist on that piece?

Of course! That way we don't have to squabble over the same things.

Here's what's in the Omnibus.

Al Milgrom.

I like that the entire then-team is profiled on the cover.

Also, Val's little-seen orange (deep gold really is what they meant) outfit and while not my favorite, I did have a liking for it.

I'm hoping that if the Silver Surfer makes his way into the MCU, we might finally get a Defenders film, since Strange, Hulk, Valkyrie and Namor will have made appearances by then.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Al Milgrom.

I like that the entire then-team is profiled on the cover.

Also, Val's little-seen orange (deep gold really is what they meant) outfit and while not my favorite, I did have a liking for it.
    It is a nice cover, but GIL KANE!

Yeah, I didn't care for that outfit either. The classic boob cones, as unrealistic and painful as they are, is my favorite costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'm hoping that if the Silver Surfer makes his way into the MCU, we might finally get a Defenders film, since Strange, Hulk, Valkyrie and Namor will have made appearances by then.
    That would be awesome, but sadly, I think that boat has sailed, since they gave their name to the Netlix Heroes 4 Hire. We might get a cameo / fanservice if they ever appear on the screen together.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Then he'd be better off using a whole new name.
    Since Defenders Beyond is basically launched by the magical last will and testament of Dr. Strange, I'm more or less fine with the Defenders name being used for this series. We've seen iterations of many Marvel teams that looked nothing like the predecessor, so that doesn't bother me so much. I may have my quibbles about who should have been in the book, but not about whether the use of the Defenders name is apropos. It's a great team name. In a way, this is merely a passing of the baton. The original Defenders can't run this leg of the race, but Blue Marvel and his "team" must by design. So be it.

Besides, I would expect at some point in his distinguished career that Blue Marvel would join the ranks of the Defenders. It's certainly a much more fitting team name for a hero like him than Avengers or Strikeforce. Neither quite fit Adam Brashear's mission and character. If future writers build on Ewing's lead here and introduce a Defenders lineup that feels more like the original classic roster, albeit with Blue Marvel added to the squad, even better. But for now Defenders Beyond will have to do.

Getting the first volume in the Defenders Epic Collection in November! Lots of goodness here and a perfect place to start reading the classic Defenders.

DEFENDERS EPIC COLLECTION: THE DAY OF THE DEFENDERS TPB

Volume #1 in the Defenders Epic Collections
    Written by ROY THOMAS & STEVE ENGLEHART with LEN WEIN
    Penciled by SAL BUSCEMA, ROSS ANDRU
    & BOB BROWN with GENE COLAN, MARIE SEVERIN, HERB TRIMPE & DON HECK
    Cover by NEAL ADAMS
    ON SALE DECEMBER 2022
    The day of the Defenders has come! Roy Thomas joined his Titans Three of the Incredible Hulk, the Sub-Mariner and the Silver Surfer together with Doctor Strange to create comics’ greatest “non-team,” the Defenders! They don’t rely on bylaws and butlers like other teams. They join together in moments of utmost crisis to face incomprehensible enemies! But when they encounter heroes of a more conventional stripe, it’s war — the watershed hero vs. hero Avengers/Defenders War, no less! The original Defenders are soon joined by Hawkeye and Valkyrie and face Dormammu, the Enchantress, Loki, the sorcerer Cyrus Black and the horror of the Nameless One in this historic Epic Collection! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE (1968) #183, SUB-MARINER (1968) #22 and #34-35, INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #126, MARVEL FEATURE (1971) #1-3, DEFENDERS (1972) #1-11, AVENGERS (1963) #116-118 and material from AVENGERS (1963) #115.

480 PGS./Rated T …$44.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93356-2
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

Getting the first volume in the Defenders Epic Collection in November! Lots of goodness here and a perfect place to start reading the classic Defenders.

Cover by NEAL ADAMS
    ON SALE DECEMBER 2022
    The day of the Defenders has come! Roy Thomas joined his Titans Three of the Incredible Hulk, the Sub-Mariner and the Silver Surfer together with Doctor Strange to create comics’ greatest “non-team,” the Defenders! They don’t rely on bylaws and butlers like other teams. They join together in moments of utmost crisis to face incomprehensible enemies! But when they encounter heroes of a more conventional stripe, it’s war — the watershed hero vs. hero Avengers/Defenders War, no less! The original Defenders are soon joined by Hawkeye and Valkyrie and face Dormammu, the Enchantress, Loki, the sorcerer Cyrus Black and the horror of the Nameless One in this historic Epic Collection! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE (1968) #183, SUB-MARINER (1968) #22 and #34-35, INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #126, MARVEL FEATURE (1971) #1-3, DEFENDERS (1972) #1-11, AVENGERS (1963) #116-118 and material from AVENGERS (1963) #115.

480 PGS./Rated T …$44.99
    Yes indeed. Always good to have the Defenders in Epic Collection and this one is a great read!

Cover by NEAL ADAMS
    ON SALE DECEMBER 2022

480 PGS./Rated T …$44.99
    That's great to hear! I want read these and truly get into the Defenders, and Valkyrie of course.

Yes indeed. Always good to have the Defenders in Epic Collection and this one is a great read!
    Indeed! I think we have some of the last issues collected in Epics also. Need to check on that and update the first posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    That's great to hear! I want read these and truly get into the Defenders, and Valkyrie of course.
    I like the Epic Collections because they usually are about the size of two Marvel Masterworks and include a lot of cross over books. Like this one has the proto-Defenders books. I'm not sure what is in that Hulk 126 book though.