Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Thanks for the compliments. It really means a lot.

You are most welcome!

This pic is one of the most spectacular ever!

I always felt like Thor hated that Herc had a weapon of equal durability and power.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That is why we make a great team! You always post the best pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    IMHO, highly recommended. From the same writer who officially made Namor a member of Earth's Mightiest Heroes!

Thanks for the compliments. It really means a lot.

Have to agree with Phoenixx9, the compliment is well deserved. You always have a treasure trove of pertinent images to post.

I love this character arc in Stern's Avengers. The issue with protestors for and against Namor as an Avenger was so striking. Of course, that first panel is how I feel about many of Namor's modern appearances. "So THIS is what has become of the mighty Sub-Mariner?" SMH
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    [CENTER]Welcome to a thread for appreciating Marvel's FIRST Superhero!

by BILL EVERETT
    I love this one.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

One of my favorite Sub-Mariner side characters, Stingray! art by Drew Moss

So when is someone going to hire me to do a #stingray #marvel #comic…anyone…anyone #goodnight guys
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    One of my favorite Sub-Mariner side characters, Stingray! art by Drew Moss

I remember a time when I was laughed at for even mentioning a Stingray. So this is nice. I liked his appearance in the Stern run of Avengers. I think he eventually became an Avenger once right? I didn't follow the Avengers all that much after that run. But returned for the revival with Busiek and Perez though. I always thought he was cool looking and rather interesting background and powers.

Not very long ago I slightly mentioned that Namor and Sue vs the Master storyline, right?

Rather gratuitous example of their kiss. Despite the attractions and history

I would rather have a simple friendly kiss or hug, not this macking on each other scene.

I know some of you are surprised I'm saying this, given my fascination with Sue and Namor, overall.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Here's something new ( I think!) Namor will be on one of the variant covers for Defenders #3 coming out October 06. I haven't been getting this...is it any good. Al Ewing is one of Marvel's best. writers IMO. And it looks like Joe Jusko is working for Marvel again because he's has a lot of variant covers coming out. Unless this is art that Marvel owns from other promotions, etc.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I really am not interested in the romantic entanglement trope with Sue and Namor. IMO it's in the past and both of them have moved on. I still would rather see Namor with a new romance, even if it has to be from the surface world. But I would prefer to see them write in a new Atlantean character, if any of them exist anymore! Or how about a Lemurian?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Here's something new ( I think!) Namor will be on one of the variant covers for Defenders #3 coming out October 06. I haven't been getting this...is it any good. Al Ewing is one of Marvel's best. writers IMO. And it looks like Joe Jusko is working for Marvel again because he's has a lot of variant covers coming out. Unless this is art that Marvel owns from other promotions, etc.

Wow, Namor is rippling with muscles! Even his face seems to have muscles. Or dimples, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

by BILL EVERETT
    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I love this one.
    It is gorgeous! Bill Everett at the height of his abilities. And the coolest thing, is it was a birthday present for his son!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wow, Namor is rippling with muscles! Even his face seems to have muscles. Or dimples, lol. : p
    LOL! Even his ears have muscles!

Thanks for posting that, Iron Maiden. I wasn't aware of that variant, and it appears to be the same price. I'm going to call my LCBS today! I've really enjoyed the first two issues of Ewing's DEFENDERS. It's trippy and brightly colored, with some Ditkoesque layouts. Sadly, he didn't use Namor on the team, but it features some classic Defenders like Strange and Silver Surfer. If you liked the classic weirdness of Bronze Age DEFENDERS, I highly recommend it.

I don't think this is new Marvel work from Jusko. It's the 90s trading card art. Though, he has done a few newer projects for / with Marvel, like a new set of trading cards in 2016, and his corner box variant covers.

Last edited by Reviresco; 09-27-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I have been following along! I have been waiting to see if Namor appears, otherwise I'm neutral on the selection for this Defenders team. There was this weird sorcerer looking dude who had like a Davy Jones squid face as the cliffhanger for the 2nd issue so I have been wondering if he was from the sea/Atlantis and if Namor would appear.

I really am not interested in the romantic entanglement trope with Sue and Namor. IMO it's in the past and both of them have moved on. I still would rather see Namor with a new romance, even if it has to be from the surface world. But I would prefer to see them write in a new Atlantean character, if any of them exist anymore! Or how about a Lemurian?
    Same, and I will be honest it makes me very salty to constantly see Marvel try to push Sue/Namor (Fantastic Four Life Story sucked!) when Namor has had other love interests that were his actual Love Interests and they returned his love in full. Dorma deserves more credit as a golden age character and as a leading lady! I have been hoping that the cliffhanger of her return will come true someday!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I have been following along! I have been waiting to see if Namor appears, otherwise I'm neutral on the selection for this Defenders team. There was this weird sorcerer looking dude who had like a Davy Jones squid face as the cliffhanger for the 2nd issue so I have been wondering if he was from the sea/Atlantis and if Namor would appear.
    I really don't think we will get Namor showing up here.... unless it's at the end and Strange needs all the Defenders to show up. But it's a very Defenders book.

Dorma deserves more credit as a golden age character and as a leading lady! I have been hoping that the cliffhanger of her return will come true someday!

This just twists the heart. Well, not the Attuma part, but Namor being hopeful at the presence of Dorma. WHY can't we get a follow up to this??? And the return of Lady Dorma!