Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

More orgies.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It couldn't hurt to take a little more influence from Bionicle.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I would do away with the mutant supremacy rhetoric and the cult commune feel.
    That and cut down on the titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That and cut down on the titles.
    There's less titles right now than during the Utopia era...

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    No off-panel reactions to resurrections and decompression. I feel like this is a franchise problem in general with resurrections how we get Banshee coming back but no reactions or interactions from his daughter is lmao, but with HOX/DOX it just turned the dial up on this issue. I feel like it's a bit disrespectful to the original run to not only make the death cheap, but to rob the reader of the emotional pay offs of these characters returning which we don't see expressed with their friends or family. Realistically do we need to see every single reaction? No. But there are plenty of big one's that were huge moments for various characters. Did Husk and Cannonball completely forget they had a brother who died? Where is are the reactions of Emma in seeing the Hellions or her class in Genosha? The kids who died on during the Purifier attack for the New X-Men crowd? Synch and Skin for Generation X? etc... I feel a bit robbed in this sense, the throw-away explanation of "it happened off-panel" just doesn't cut it imho.

More coherent roster choices and less singular character focus. No stealth solos please, I'm seeing this crop up for what I've read so far in many 'team' titles but the major focus being Kate (Marauders), Betsy (Excalibur), Kwannon (Fallen Angels) and Cyclops (X-Men). Maybe this will change in later issues, but that's not the impression I'm getting from interviews. Only X-Force so far felt like there wasn't a clear protagonist in the book. I've also got my gripes with what characters seemed to be chosen for what books, but I'll leave that for another thread.

More on-panel voicing of dissent or questioning regarding of new direction and cooperation with villains. Basically tying into what others said regarding the cult-like behavior of the X-Men. Maybe this a plot point that will be addressed later down the line, but it's kinda aggravating to see these characters be so unconcerned about sleeping next to characters who have tried to kill them multiple times. Like with resurrection(s), this is another franchise-related problem though, and they do have a history of freely giving out pardons for people who wear their badge.

Characterization seems a bit weak across the board but that's more of a writer-to-writer issue.
    I think you're confusing "team leader and point of view character" with "only this character will get any panel time".

I don’t have an issue with attempting the relaunch because truth be told the X-verse has just grown stale and was in a bad spot. Stale convoluted series and those god awful movies weren’t making things any better. Hickman did a fantastic job of injecting some much needed life into this universe. I mean the HOX/POX event was insane and the comic shops were bumping in a way that I hadn’t seen in a while.

For the most part I’ve enjoyed DOX. Don’t get me wrong it does have its issues....

X-men....has been awful but I’m willing to hold out faith that the title will turn things around. Issue #2 was flat out one of the worst poorly written issues I’ve read in a long time for any comic. It highlighted all of a Hickman’s weaknesses as a writer. This smaller more
    Personal character driven stories are not for him. He was allowed to hide behind HOX/POX because that series was tailor made for him and allowed Hickman’s strengths to be on full display. Once X-men begins to deal with other situations and the stakes rise, I think the series will turn around. Hickman just needs to stay away from the “smaller” moments. Hopefully leave that to some of the other dox titles or get another writer to handle the writing while Hickman handles the plot (which I know will never happen)

Excalibur is another title with some issues. While X-men was a title that I expected huge things from, Excalibur was the title I wanted to love so badly. Tini has been gifted a great colorful cast of characters, beautiful settings/art and great themes -and yet there something missing. While Hickman is writing everyone as robots in X-men it seems as if Tini is writing extremely one dimensional characters. Poorly timed jokes, Gambit is grumpy and mad, Rogues had one line about making babies, and so on. Massive potential for this title but I’m worried that Tini won’t be the one to tap into it.

Other then that I’m loving Xforce Marauders and Fallen angels. Honestly I think there are just too many books and way too many others coming out. Having stories that are connected is great but fans should never be forced to pick up other series to keep up with important plot events.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    There's less titles right now than during the Utopia era...
    That still doesn't mean that there aren't too many titles.

Spectacular Member

Any title can be read individually, the only “ties” until now have been a character stating an event that happened in another book (Bishop in Mauraders and Magneto in Fallen Angels saying that Xavier was killed and that’s literally it), nothing that requires to read another book to understand what’s happening in one favorite book. Nobody is forced to buy ALL the books, unless they want to; there are no crossovers or books starting from event happened in previous books, except for House of X obviously. If someone feels compelled to buy a whole line for whatever reason it’s his problem, the great majority of people buy the books they like, regardless of lines, genres and so on and they shouldn’t be limited by a minority that because for some reason need to buy EVERYTHING then they expect that EVERYTHING must fit their budget. Buy what you like and can afford as any sensible person does and you won’t have problems.

I think they need to streamline better the concepts. There is 3 books dealing with black ops

Fantastic Member

The plot overall is mostly fine. Hox/Pox was good but it's suffering when it comes to characters. Like they need more of a voice and identity.

It feels like this is being done wrong. Resurrections like this are a big thing. Yet there's like no emotion to it. We don't even know who is back or isn't. Just people showing up as background characters. Your students are back? Your best friend? We should see some reactions! In some books it feels robotic and the characters are lifeless. What's the point of bringing favorites back if for the most part it's just to make cameos?

Why are there so many random background mutants nobody has seen or heard of before? There were almost no mutants not that long ago. There's no way this many have just popped up?

The rosters seem randomly put together and lack logic and reason. Just thrown together.

We get told what's happening but we don't really see much of the how or the why.

Kid Cable just plain sucks and should be scrapped. Which leads to Fallen Angels. It's a ripoff character book that is just ... eh. It's not Psylocke but she wants to wear the Psylocke costume and have the name while Betsy is avoiding her. Like I'll be avoiding this book. It just feels like a mess.

Just in general everything is too vague .....

Personally I am happy with the new direction the X-men and the mutants are taking. The way things would go if I had another story about extinction or time travel I would give up on the X-men for a while. So seeing the X-men finally waking up from the dream to get serious was a good change .

But there is one thing I agree that has already been said by others here.

Considering the paradigm shift and how some of these characters were dead and recently returned or were resurrected, I was waiting for some issues showing this transition or how the characters decided to go on with Xavier. Besides seeing some interactions between characters who supposedly didn't see each other in ages or who had problems with each other that were never solved. This makes a huge difference when you start such a controversial arc or want to make readers believe the story you are telling.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I think you're confusing "team leader and point of view character" with "only this character will get any panel time".
    I mean, time will team for most of these books (to be fair it's barely been at issue 2 for most of these) but the new books read more like various incarnations of the Legacy title (basically stealth solo Rogue, Xavier, Legion) which had X-Men characters as guests than actual team books to me so far.

This is especially evident in books like Excalibur where the writer seems to have a better grasp of a voice for one or two characters and the rest of the cast seem off.

Unhappy? This is the X-Men! In a world that happily hates and fears? Unhappy is happy. Fix it and I'd lose all hope
    Last edited by sungila; 11-23-2019 at 07:39 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

More orgies.
    I mean, yeah. Never enough. And we need named character participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Personally I am happy with the new direction the X-men and the mutants are taking. The way things would go if I had another story about extinction or time travel I would give up on the X-men for a while. So seeing the X-men finally waking up from the dream to get serious was a good change .

But there is one thing I agree that has already been said by others here.

Considering the paradigm shift and how some of these characters were dead and recently returned or were resurrected, I was waiting for some issues showing this transition or how the characters decided to go on with Xavier. Besides seeing some interactions between characters who supposedly didn't see each other in ages or who had problems with each other that were never solved. This makes a huge difference when you start such a controversial arc or want to make readers believe the story you are telling.
    That's been a big sticking point for me. A lot of characters had reasons to distrust Xavier, and almost no reason to even tolerate Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister. Now they are willing to take orders from them? Last time X-23 dealt with Sinister he was trying to sell a database of DNA of the entire population of Earth. He tried to kidnap Iceman and make a snow-zombie army.

And I will be forever angry that we never got a reunion between Logan and X-23. Hell, we never got a proper reunion between Scott, Logan and Jean after Age of X-Man.

More orgies.
    And still more orgies.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)