View Poll Results: where do you want Duke to go next?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • make him an official Robin

0 0%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (street level hero)

5 33.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (street level hero)

2 13.33%
  • new hero direction entirely

3 20.00%
  • Daytime hero as Signal (metahuman mythos)

2 13.33%
  • public identity as The Signal (metahuman mythos)

1 6.67%
  • retire and be a civilian ally

2 13.33%
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    did anyone get to read Duke's solo story in that Batman 100-page Walmart issue last year? I love my boy but I didn't want to buy the whole thing just for Duke and, I guess true to karma for not wanting to buy it, i can't seem to find it anywhere online.
    I bought Aquaman Giant#2 just for Aqualad's story. It sucks this is how we have to invest in our favs.

You might have to sail the seven seas to find it online but Midtown comics is selling it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

You might have to sail the seven seas to find it online
    I-is that a-a... metaphor?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I-is that a-a... metaphor?
    LMAO yes. I didn't want to say it outright because I know how the comic community feels about it (rightfully so).

more Duke Thomas fanart, from @batsalghul

I like the other photorealistic one but the subject they used for reference is a noticeably different complexion than how Duke is usually portrayed.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks nice, I'm behind on outsiders. Is that book doing good with Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Looks nice, I'm behind on outsiders. Is that book doing good with Duke?
    he's definitely getting the growth he needs, I think overall Hill goes a good job with each of the characters but it's definitely Black Lightning and Katana's book first, Duke, Sofia, and Cassandra's second, and Batman's last. admittedly he still hasn't gotten a cool moment where he catches a W (which is a little frustrating considering everyone else has had a cool moment) but he's definitely being developed so I think his moment will come soon. the team is gonna be trading hands with Ras' forces, including Karma, so Duke will be confronting one of his biggest victimers; maybe that will be his moment
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Astonishing Member

more Duke Thomas fanart, from @batsalghul

I like the other photorealistic one but the subject they used for reference is a noticeably different complexion than how Duke is usually portrayed.
    Is what I mentioned earlier. I do appreciate the source-accuracy better on this one, yes.

Ultimate Member

WHen did Duke join Justice League? Since he's on that cover of Superman that asks what does the League think of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    WHen did Duke join Justice League? Since he's on that cover of Superman that asks what does the League think of Superman.
    he's not a Leaguer (yet?), i would guess the artist probably just wanted more bodies to fill in the space, and threw Duke in there considering he's a character of color who is relatively relevant nowdays.

currently following:

ok I gotta admit, I think I may be a smidge obsessed with thinking about new and interesting ways to apply Duke's powers. it just occured to me that based on Duke's ability fo quickly absorb light in his eyes, he should/could technically have literal photographic memory if he manipulates it right.

I got the idea when I discovered the Marvel character Frank McGee aka Nur
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-21-2020 at 11:06 AM.

currently following:

Astonishing Member

ok I gotta admit, I think I may be a smidge obsessed with thinking about new and interesting ways to apply Duke's powers. it just occured to me that based on Duke's ability fo quickly absorb light in his eyes, he should/could technically have literal photographic memory if he manipulates it right.

Snap, you're right!

(Also Nur is boss! I love almost all the NuHumans and Inhumans that came from the Inhumans comic push and it sucks that most are in limbo. )

Photographic memory? That's Barbara's superpower.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Despite how such tends to be portrayed, her eidetic memory would not be the same as Duke's literal photographic memory, due to how his actual powers theoretically should work, would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    eidetic memory isn't really a superpower, it's more of a benefitial memory quirk and there are a lot of characters with that ability. what I'm proposing is a literal photographic memory, he's more or less taking a literal photograph of a scenario, creating a 3 dimensional holographic image, in his mind. it's based of Frank McGee's ability so these "memories" aren't limited to human perception, so it's not static, he can view the images from multiple different angles and magnify certain details.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Snap, you're right!

(Also Nur is boss! I love almost all the NuHumans and Inhumans that came from the Inhumans comic push and it sucks that most are in limbo. )
    Nur is indeed a badass, I just discovered him and I'm about to do a deep dive into him just because I find his powers and the way he uses them (based on his wiki) so fascinating

currently following: