Page 99 of 613 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 9190
    Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I didnt know you didnt like coates. why is it you dont care for him?
    Oh, not me, BK. I don't dislike Coates. I was saying that Stormphoenix doesn't really care for him. Overall, he's fine. Most of all, I like the way he writes Ororo. I think he's done a great job with her. In fairness, probably a better job than he's done with T'Challa. But I don't think he's written a terrible BP, only a BP comic that is more inclusive of secondary characters..

BANNED

your talk about everything that is happening on Wednesday really does have me excited beyond belief. I dont think storm and doom will come to blows but we be pleasantly surprised.

I do hope we get some amazing feats from ororo. it's been a long time coming.
    Yeah, I’m excited.

I’d like to see Storm beat the Holy Crap out Dr.Doom.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, not me, BK. I don't dislike Coates. I was saying that Stormphoenix doesn't really care for him. Overall, he's fine. Most of all, I like the way he writes Ororo. I think he's done a great job with her. In fairness, probably a better job than he's done with T'Challa. But I don't think he's written a terrible BP, only a BP comic that is more inclusive of secondary characters..
    oh I misread your post. I was about ro say lol. and I agree I dont mind a BP comic that is inclusive of secondary characters.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

i think bp is in a current awkward moment where the characther has become an A list, so the demand is higher and his corner of the universe is growing, so a lot seems shoved into his solo title

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    i think bp is in a current awkward moment where the characther has become an A list, so the demand is higher and his corner of the universe is growing, so a lot seems shoved into his solo title
    that's a very interesting perspective and never seen anyone articulate it as such. I wish others saw as you do.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

that's a very interesting perspective and never seen anyone articulate it as such. I wish others saw as you do.
    its growing pains I think

Eh. I think Coates just isn't that good at writing comics. I agree that his Storm is better than whatever else he's writing in that book, but I just don't think he understands the comics market, the comic reader, the comic book medium all that well. But because he is a respected author in other mediums, and the first issue of his book did so well, I guess they're letting him finish, but the last issue of BP I have data for (BP #20)was not even on the top 100, it was 132 in units, barely selling more than 15k, down from 253k, the best selling book of 2016 (the year he debuted in the MCU in CA:Civil War).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Eh. I think Coates just isn't that good at writing comics. I agree that his Storm is better than whatever else he's writing in that book, but I just don't think he understands the comics market, the comic reader, the comic book medium all that well. But because he is a respected author in other mediums, and the first issue of his book did so well, I guess they're letting him finish, but the last issue of BP I have data for (BP #20)was not even on the top 100, it was 132 in units, barely selling more than 15k, down from 253k, the best selling book of 2016 (the year he debuted in the MCU in CA:Civil War).
    I 100% agree with this assessment. I've read his other works and I enjoyed them. I just find his comics boring. He has written some nice Storm moments, and I appreciate that. Overall though, he hasn't made Blank Panther a must read comic for me, and in the past it was.

two more days until our gurl shuts down the internet. who ready? I know I am!!

I am - Jada.jpg

Me all day long!

BANNED

x-men 7, f4 + x, jean+ emma, x-forums and x-twitter are gonna BLOW UP

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I am - Jada.jpg

Me all day long!

let's go b!itches!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I 100% agree with this assessment. I've read his other works and I enjoyed them. I just find his comics boring. He has written some nice Storm moments, and I appreciate that. Overall though, he hasn't made Blank Panther a must read comic for me, and in the past it was.
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. He can write Storm, but he is boring i've been saying that forever. Here we are the BP Arc is almost over and NOW we're getting a good Storm moment? Damn if I had known that I would have stopped reading and waited till this very moment.

I'm telling you mah Nuggets are never wrong. I feel it. Something is about to happen this Wednesday. Ya'll Get your Arguments ready.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. He can write Storm, but he is boring i've been saying that forever. Here we are the BP Arc is almost over and NOW we're getting a good Storm moment? Damn if I had known that I would have stopped reading and waited till this very moment.

I'm telling you mah Nuggets are never wrong. I feel it. Something is about to happen this Wednesday. Ya'll Get your Arguments ready.
    do you think it will be shadow king? I'm tired of that h@e trying my gurl.