Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default What changes would you make to the dc universe?

Say you got put in charge of the next dcu changing story, what changes would you have that event make to the dc universe?

Definitely, first order of business: Bring back the Post-Crisis version of The SHAZAM!/Marvel Family

All-New Member

I'd make major changes to the cosmology

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Divine Continuum stays
    Omniverse that is the infinite earths stays
    Hypertime that is the infinite alternate timeline stays to explain minute inconsistencies
    Megaverse stays
    Megaverse-0 to contain Multiverse-1 and 2 and Dark
    Megaverse-1 is the Metaverse
    Megaverse-2 is the Convergence (unless there's other explanation)

Like I said in the other thread, the current cosmic hierarchy stays
    The Presence = The Source = The Overvoid = creator of the Omniverse
    EXCEPT The Presence is not the Judeo Christian God. As a raised Christian I'm currently really tired of people in real life thinking their religion is the most valid, so I'm taking it out here. Let the creator be unnamed. Let it be truly an Overvoid. That way people can assign any creator they believe in (yes including Judeo Christian) I'm just evening the playing field.

New Gods, Greek Gods, Celtic Gods, Hindu Gods, Egyptian Gods and Norse Gods can be independent extension avatars or aspects that characters can interact, depending on your interpretation. Like the end of an unlimited tentacles of the same being, or not. They're gods. They're supposed to be mysterious anyway.

Following that, no changes here:
    The Hands = Perpetua = The Super Celestials = creator of each Multiverse
    Monitor = Anti Monitor = World Forger
    Barbatos
    and so on

Now. Continuity itself is a bit harder. I want to include as much as possible, but there's so many details built on top of retconned details.

Let's start with I'm not killing anyone
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-19-2022 at 05:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think I would make the Doomsday Clock Metaverse explanation for DC continuity shifts canon - Earth 0 keeps getting rebooted, and everytime a reboot happens the previous version gets 'backed up' as a parallel earth. And there would be the possibility of individual stories and/or mini series/ongoing series being set on some of these other earths. I would probably have something akin to a 5G Earth as well where you can play our experiments like Luke Fox taking over as Batman permanently, or Jon Kent being THE Superman.

As for the 'main' earth, it would be based on the blueprint of Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint continuity, with some tweaks to incorporate as much Pre-Crisis and New 52/Rebirth stuff as is possible. But there will be a clear, coherent timeline that broadly needs to be followed - one where Superman and Batman first showed up 15-20 years ago and their kids are pre-teens or early teens. Some things would have to be tweaked to explain stuff like the JSA.

Incredible Member

My changes would, sadly, require a wholesale line wide reboot.

I'd pair down the Batfamily to just Bruce, Dick, Barbara, Tim and Cassie. Right now, to me, the group is far to large. Cat woman would again be a villain as would Harley.

In the Superman line there would o my be Clark, Connor and Kara Zor-El.

Earth's 1 & 2 would go back to the original concept of 1 being JLA centric and 2 being JSA centric.

Hal Jordan would be the space GL while John Stewart would be Earth' GL.

That time of the week again?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

How much time you got?
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    How much time you got?
    It's a forum. There's no time limit.

There's a limit for my eyes though, so please break it up into different posts.

I would bring back team books. The obvious one is the JSA. After that then the LOSH, All-Star Squadron, Doom Patrol, Metal Men and Freedom Fighters. Not all of them have to be ongoing. How about a Global Guardians? Another Suicide Squad. DC has plenty of team books sitting on the shelf right now. Marvel has a ton if you count all the X-Men books.

Stop all the "Crisis". No more.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I would bring back team books. The obvious one is the JSA. After that then the LOSH, All-Star Squadron, Doom Patrol, Metal Men and Freedom Fighters. Not all of them have to be ongoing. How about a Global Guardians? Another Suicide Squad. DC has plenty of team books sitting on the shelf right now. Marvel has a ton if you count all the X-Men books.
    Plenty? Understatement. Literally all teams except Young Justice have no books currently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mwten View Post
    Say you got put in charge of the next dcu changing story, what changes would you have that event make to the dc universe?
    No more events for a period of 5 years.

Stories are no longer written for trades.

If you don't need 6 issues to tell a story-FINE. No more filler (looking at YOU Bendis)

Backups are always welcomed. Backups with needing extra pages is also welcomed because we saw that back in the day.

Getting better plotted stories is a DCU changing story.

I would take on piracy the best I could, by trying to get google, microsoft and yahoo to eliminate illegal free comic streaming sites, that I can find super easily in their search engines.

(I imagine they are all operated out of countries that are immune to US law, I don't understand why they are allowed to continue to operate)

Getting rid of bitorrent sites would be harder, but as long as this exists comics are a declining industry in the long run.

Astonishing Member

One more Crisis which will serve to break the DCU into different Earths again.

Earth-Prime will be a pruned down DC universe. Bruce, Clark and Diana get grandfathered in as the company icons. Everyone else gets a single generation slot except the classic Teen Titans. So Dick is the only active former Robin and we get one checacter currently filling the suit. No Red Hood, Red Robin, etc. Same with the others- one Superboy, One Wonder Girl, and outside of the original Titans no former versions still active. Wally is the Flash, Barry is toast. One Human Lantern and it can't be Hal (who is also dead).

Earth-Silver: The JLA are alive and happy. Even Batman smiles and trusts his teammates. Deaths are at a minimum but if they happen (outside of one-shots) they stick.

Earth-Two. Superheroes appeared during the Great Depression and stories are set anytime from then through now. This is the home of the JSA, the All-Star-Squadron, This is where Helena Wayne and Kara Zor-L helped found Infinity Inc in the 70's and Courtney Whitmore became Stargirl in the 1990's

Earth-Dark: Heroes here are either vigilantes or part of the poltical-military-industrail complex. This is where a brooding Batman fights the corrupt and hostile Gotham establishement as well as psychotic criminals. It's where Princess Diana of Themiscyra is fighting to be more than a chesspiece in the game of the gods. It is where the Freedom Fighters led by Uncle Sam are at war with Amanda Waller, General Wade Eiling (and his Watchmen), and the meglomaniacal Washington establishemnt.

Earth-Purity: Protected by the Shazam Family this si a world where no one dies on page (Billy's parents obviously die and death isn't unknow it just doesn't happen to main characters). Battles are fought here but no one ever seems to get hurt.

Earth-One: The last survivor of Krypton is coming of age, an orphaned kid with training and resources is putting on a batsuit, a science accident just imbued someone with super-human speed. It's day one of a new DCU and the future isn't written yet.