Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

No, they have never met. There has never been a time in comics where they have both existed at the same time. Bertinelli was invented after Wayne died; when the new 52 Wayne was introduced, Bertinelli was retconned to an identity that Wayne had used. After Wayne was shuffled off at the end of the Earth 2 story, a new Bertinelli was reintroduced in the pages of Grayson.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    No, they have never met. There has never been a time in comics where they have both existed at the same time. Bertinelli was invented after Wayne died; when the new 52 Wayne was introduced, Bertinelli was retconned to an identity that Wayne had used. After Wayne was shuffled off at the end of the Earth 2 story, a new Bertinelli was reintroduced in the pages of Grayson.
    So Bertinelli appeared after and because of COIE to keep the name and kinda the character. The Flashpoint hubbub brought A Helena Wayne in who acted as Bertinelli (who was killed, IIRC) for pretty much her adventures. Helena Wayne vanishes and a new Bertinelli is introduced after Flashpoint in Grayson. Was this new Bertinelli a character who conceivably taken part in the original Bertinelli's adventures?

This is messier than I thought.

Thanks for the rundown.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

The pre-Flashpoint Bertinelli was never killed; she was erased; and all of her adventures were treated as if they were a cover story for Wayne; that is, the first issue of world's finest started with Helena revealing that she had been Wayne all along, and had been using Bertinelli as a cover ID. After Wayne went home to Earth 2, the new Bertinelli was introduced in the pages of Grayson as the new 52 version of that character. She has basically been treated as an extension of the pre-Flashpoint Bertinelli in recent comics.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 09-22-2022 at 11:15 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    . . . I guess our best option is to wait until JSA actually comes out and we see what the situation is . . .
    You expect comic book fans to be patient?

My, how optimistic you are!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You expect comic book fans to be patient?

My, how optimistic you are!
    I think that is the best option. I withheld comment on our chances of taking it.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

I like the idea when Helena Wayne Huntress came to Earth 0 she was using Helena Bertinelli as an alias while she was an agent for Spyral. I wished they did show the two meeting it would have been fascinating scenairo
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

For what it's worth, that was never going to happen. At the time, they were retconning Helena Bertinelli to have always been an alias for Earth 2's Helena Wayne; and it was only after Earth 2 Wayne was sent back to Earth 2 that Helena Bertinelli, agent of Spyral, was introduced. Now, all of that is part of the New 52 continuity, which makes its continued canonicity questionable. We now have a new Earth 0 Helena Wayne, and it's entirely possible that Earth 2 Helena's visit to Earth 0 is no longer in continuity — as in, they're going to play it off as this being the first time anyone on Earth 0 has met someone calling herself Helena Wayne.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    For what it's worth, that was never going to happen. At the time, they were retconning Helena Bertinelli to have always been an alias for Earth 2's Helena Wayne; and it was only after Earth 2 Wayne was sent back to Earth 2 that Helena Bertinelli, agent of Spyral, was introduced. Now, all of that is part of the New 52 continuity, which makes its continued canonicity questionable. We now have a new Earth 0 Helena Wayne, and it's entirely possible that Earth 2 Helena's visit to Earth 0 is no longer in continuity — as in, they're going to play it off as this being the first time anyone on Earth 0 has met someone calling herself Helena Wayne.
    At the very least, nobody in the Earth 0 JSA would have ever met a Helena Wayne before. At the time nu52 Helena was running around Earth 0, before she returned to Earth 2, the JSA was NOT around.
    So it's a fair assumption that they never bumped into each other.