Page 101 of 146 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I think pretty much every game in the Championship will be a tough game this coming season. Loads of big, really good clubs in the league. It'll be interesting to see how we get against our ex managers in Monk and Clement.

If i go to Bramall Lane, I'll let you know what it's like before you go to do your speech!
    Hopefully it'll be positive (Both result wise and the other wise LOL).

Swansea have sold Kyle Bartley to West Brom for £7m (apparently). Seems to be a mad decision to sell him to a rival. It's good money but he's got Championship experience, so I would've thought we'd be doing our best to keep him for next season. If he wanted to leave, then fair play, but don't sell him to a rival! Mad. Swansea City for you.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Swansea have sold Kyle Bartley to West Brom for £7m (apparently). Seems to be a mad decision to sell him to a rival. It's good money but he's got Championship experience, so I would've thought we'd be doing our best to keep him for next season. If he wanted to leave, then fair play, but don't sell him to a rival! Mad. Swansea City for you.
    Hmm...if he wanted to leave to stay in the Premier League than fair play like you say, but even though it is good money (as it's more than I'd pay personally) it does seem a daft decision IMO.

Last I've heard regarding my club is that Klopp has said there's hope for Sturridge in terms of his Liverpool career and the Fekir deal is rumoured to be back on. Haven't much today transfer gossip wise, then again it's been a busy day LOL.

Differing rumours regarding the goalkeeper Allison at the moment. On the one hand there's claims that there's a possible 70m worth of a deal, with over 60m of that being upfront with the rest being add-ons. On the other hand, Liverpool have come out and denied the deal so...LOL. Transfer windows LOL.

Speaking of transfer gossip.

Chelsea are apparently considering going back in for Cech if Courtois does go to Real Madrid. Brighton have signed Yves Bissouma from Lyon. Harry Wilson (Liverpool youngster) has joined Derby on a year-long loan. Atalanta are apparently willing to offer 8.9m for Obiang from West Ham. And that's the latest as far as I know LOL.

Meanwhile, Stevie G's Rangers have qualified for the next round of qualifiers for the Europa League, finished 0-0 tonight but 2-0 on aggregate after the first game. Last I checked Cork City were losing 1-0 to Legia Warzaw and are heading out of the Champions League qualifiers, The New Saints were winning 3-0 but they lost the first game 5-0 so they're heading out as well, at least they went out fighting by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Differing rumours regarding the goalkeeper Allison at the moment. On the one hand there's claims that there's a possible 70m worth of a deal, with over 60m of that being upfront with the rest being add-ons. On the other hand, Liverpool have come out and denied the deal so...LOL. Transfer windows LOL.

Speaking of transfer gossip.

Chelsea are apparently considering going back in for Cech if Courtois does go to Real Madrid. Brighton have signed Yves Bissouma from Lyon. Harry Wilson (Liverpool youngster) has joined Derby on a year-long loan. Atalanta are apparently willing to offer 8.9m for Obiang from West Ham. And that's the latest as far as I know LOL.

Meanwhile, Stevie G's Rangers have qualified for the next round of qualifiers for the Europa League, finished 0-0 tonight but 2-0 on aggregate after the first game. Last I checked Cork City were losing 1-0 to Legia Warzaw and are heading out of the Champions League qualifiers, The New Saints were winning 3-0 but they lost the first game 5-0 so they're heading out as well, at least they went out fighting by the looks of it.
    Swansea really made a school boy error by not getting Harry Wilson in. We need wingers and he'll be out to prove himself. I reckon he'll do well for Derby.

Some local football news from tonight. Stafford Town played Stafford Rangers in a friendly. Big local derby that lol. Rangers won 5-2, but they are a few leagues higher up the pyramid than Town.

Well, now apparently we've officially put in a 66.6m offer for Allison, it's been on Sky, BBC AND the Echo so it must be true LOL. Apparently we're just waiting on the medical, with him agreeing to a five-year deal, imagine how much he'd be worth had Brazil won the World Cup? Hopefully he'll be really good for us, not just due to the price of him but we really do need a quality keeper that was our weakest area last season so hopefully he'll sort that problem out for us.

Swansea really made a school boy error by not getting Harry Wilson in. We need wingers and he'll be out to prove himself. I reckon he'll do well for Derby.
    Well, in your case you'll be hoping to be proven wrong. In my case I'm hoping you're right and he ends up becoming a Liverpool Legend

Some local football news from tonight. Stafford Town played Stafford Rangers in a friendly. Big local derby that lol. Rangers won 5-2, but they are a few leagues higher up the pyramid than Town.
    It's a big game for them! At least Town got a couple of goals I guess.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Allison will do in the Premiership. He could be the difference to Liverpool winning the title.

Big news from Stafford Rangers!

New signing at Stafford Rangers, ex Man City and England.

Stafford Rangers have just taken delivery of a lawn mower that has seen service at Manchester City’s Etihad stadium and the England complex at St Georges Park near Burton.

As much as I'd like to see Liverpool win the league, I don't think we'll win it. I would like to think we can make a bigger push this time around, if we can finish second than I'd feel confident about our chances next year. I just want to see evidence of progress in the league this year, not going to make the same mistake I did in August 2014 and get my hopes up though LOL. Little bit disappointed we let Ward go to Leicester though I was hoping he'd be our back-up to Alisson but hey-ho.

Sounds like we're done in the transfer market now based on what Klopp was saying. Even more news for Liverpool is that we beat Blackburn 2-0 at Ewood Park last night with Markovic getting on the scoresheet before Sicknote Sturridge got his third goal of pre-season. Another win and a third clean sheet in four games against admittedly not the strongest teams in the world but I'll take that for now. All about momentum heading into the season, hopefully we can keep that momentum going with the remaining pre-season games before the season starts.

I see Sterling isn't happy with 170,000 a week and was trying to force City's hand by making them wait until the World Cup where he was expecting his stock to rise, which hasn't happened LOL, and now he seems to be backpedalling a bit LOL. He could do with a better agent by the sounds of it.

Oh, and before I forget. I'd been saving up for a Liverpool shirt, and I got one today with Van Dijk's name on the back.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Local soccer fans here will get their first ever look at Zlatan when he and the Galaxy come to Philly to play the Union tomorrow night. I'll tune in the match on the telly, should be interesting.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

How are Philly doing?

How are Philly doing?
    7 wins, 9 losses, 3 draws for 24 points, seventh in the eastern conference of MLS. Not too terribly bad, all things considered. To be honest, we probably should have 9 wins but coughed up late leads.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    7 wins, 9 losses, 3 draws for 24 points, seventh in the eastern conference of MLS. Not too terribly bad, all things considered. To be honest, we probably should have 9 wins but coughed up late leads.
    Average season so far then. Not bad as you say, though obviously it would've been better not to have coughed up those late leads.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the fact you're seventh in the Eastern Conference mean you're in the play-offs? I know there's a play-off system in America to decide who wins the title.

As much as I'd like to see Liverpool win the league, I don't think we'll win it. I would like to think we can make a bigger push this time around, if we can finish second than I'd feel confident about our chances next year. I just want to see evidence of progress in the league this year, not going to make the same mistake I did in August 2014 and get my hopes up though LOL. Little bit disappointed we let Ward go to Leicester though I was hoping he'd be our back-up to Alisson but hey-ho.

Sounds like we're done in the transfer market now based on what Klopp was saying. Even more news for Liverpool is that we beat Blackburn 2-0 at Ewood Park last night with Markovic getting on the scoresheet before Sicknote Sturridge got his third goal of pre-season. Another win and a third clean sheet in four games against admittedly not the strongest teams in the world but I'll take that for now. All about momentum heading into the season, hopefully we can keep that momentum going with the remaining pre-season games before the season starts.

I see Sterling isn't happy with 170,000 a week and was trying to force City's hand by making them wait until the World Cup where he was expecting his stock to rise, which hasn't happened LOL, and now he seems to be backpedalling a bit LOL. He could do with a better agent by the sounds of it.

Oh, and before I forget. I'd been saving up for a Liverpool shirt, and I got one today with Van Dijk's name on the back.
    "Sterling isn't happy with 170,000 a week". Amazing isn't it? All he does is run. He only gets goals at City because he's surrounded by amazing players.

I'm considering getting a Swansea shirt this season. I've not had one for about 3 years now. I always put my own surname on it and my age at the time of buying it

Average season so far then. Not bad as you say, though obviously it would've been better not to have coughed up those late leads.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the fact you're seventh in the Eastern Conference mean you're in the play-offs? I know there's a play-off system in America to decide who wins the title.
    You're right. The top six teams in the East and West make the playoffs, so my squad still has some work to do to make it into the top six in the East.