Page 141 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 9921

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    According to spoilers I've read, Storm does have more impressive power stunts (including things she hasn't done in the previous films), but unfortunately she doesn't have much dialogue (kinda like X-Men 1 and Apocalypse).
    This is bitter-sweet, but not surprising. I'm interested in seeing new power displays but I also want some character development.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    After playing up some initial interpersonal tension, they literally had Bishop waiting in the wings as the Storm/Forge aborted proposal breakup happened right after Bishop’ introduction. Classic setup for a melodramatic romantic pairing ...

I dont think I ever responded to this. thanks for the explanation. though I recall these scans there interaction seemed a most subtle flirtation and in the least friends with great respect for one another professionally.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Interesting team up. While I still prefer the look in black, I feel like the way the all white costume is presented here is much better than when they tried it in more modern times.
    When was that modern instance, I’m blanking on that suit having a resurgence...
    They all went white with a black cape for the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon. Having a spot of gold in her tiara added a nice balance.

Storm-Phoenix from WHAT IF...? #79 Is prob my favorite try at an all white costume for our Goddess...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-14-2019 at 10:03 AM.

BANNED

According to spoilers I've read, Storm does have more impressive power stunts (including things she hasn't done in the previous films), but unfortunately she doesn't have much dialogue (kinda like X-Men 1 and Apocalypse).
    Really??? She has more interesting feats you say?? Hmm well I hope it doesn't involve lightning.

When was that modern instance, I’m blanking on that suit having a resurgence...
    I don't think it was exactly like her original look but very similar to it:

She didn't have this look for very long. I don't even think it lasted a year in our time.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I don't think it was exactly like her original look but very similar to it:

She didn't have this look for very long. I don't even think it lasted a year in our time.
    AH! The Phil Jimenez toned down version of Storm’s costume in Astonishing X-Men. Original design by Simone Bianchi

AH! The Phil Jimenez toned down version of Storm’s costume in Astonishing X-Men. Original design by Simone Bianchi
    That's the one. And seeing Bianchi's version of it makes me cringe. Everything from the boots to the Beetlejuice stripes to the banquet-style tablecloth cape was just terrible! Thank the Bright Lady it did not last long.

Those boots are god awful and why o why does she have on a thong???

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    *SIGH* Another Lightning Show.........

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

[
    the xmen are getting reboot. I'm out and done yall its been real.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I knew they would have her strike first against Jean. Because she's so in love with Mystique in this universe. Ugh. The sooner the MCU restarts the character the better. I hate how they always release these Fox-Men movies around my bday. I will not be seeing this in theaters.

As for Bianchi's costume, that first character sketch was over-designed, and I hate the stripes and double boots, but there is something about the overall design that I love and Bianchi nailed it in this cover, for example, which is one of my all time favorite Storm images.

And beyond the costume itself, Bianchi just clearly loves Ororo as a physical presence.

That said, it was a bit over done initially and I loved Jimenez's toned down version too. Cockrum's original and these two modern variations really hone in on her as a gorgeous African goddess, which I love and I don't like when that core aspect of the character is lost in many other adaptations. It can be a little cheesecake and a little exoticizing when not done well, but when done well, we get a self-possessed African woman exuding power and grace, very much in the vein of the ancient fertility/nature goddess archetype she has always been cast in.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 05-14-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    [
    the xmen are getting reboot. I'm out and done yall its been real.
    I just read that article about Hickman, and how they are cancelling everything and starting over. I don't know how much of a reboot we are talking, but honestly, the franchise has been garbage since Quesada threw them under the bus with No More Mutants. I don't know what exactly Hickman has in mind for changes, and how the franchise will move forward afterwards, but this could be the third great restart the franchise has been waiting for. Len/Dave/Chris changed the game with Giant Sized, and that made the franchise bloom to it's greatest heights. Morrison came later and gave the franchise another big shakeup, whose influence is still felt strongly in the modern books(of course with diminishing returns as it was in Claremont's wake in the later 90's). Here's hoping Storm gets a prominent spot in the new era, but I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As one of my favourites, I love Storm, dearly. But I also love the X-Men in general and over all.
    So...
    Whether or not Storm has a prominent role I am here for HiX-Man's Reboot/Relaunch/Whatever goodness!!!

Can you post a link to where you find the spoilers