Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Previews 26 June 2019

Previews are actually on time this week:

Spider-Ham, who has Miles and Gwen with him.
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...n-annual-2019/

Otto, who has the West Coast Avengers AND Fantastic Four with him.
    https://www.newsarama.com/45699-otto...der-man-8.html

EDIT: Friendly Neighborhood #8.
    https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR190839

Reptilian Rage:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...tilian-rage-1/

ASM #24:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...spider-man-24/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-22-2019 at 12:05 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's so weird seeing people interact with SpOck, knowing who he is (and what he's done).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's so weird seeing people interact with SpOck, knowing who he is (and what he's done).
    It's weird, but superheroes have tolerated worse, I think.

That said, as stated in the preview, the FF has more reason than most to give him a chance to turn over a new leaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's weird, but superheroes have tolerated worse, I think.

That said, as stated in the preview, the FF has more reason than most to give him a chance to turn over a new leaf.
    I mean, just in that grouping alone we have a dude who murdered a powerless scientist in cold blood and got away with it. Maybe he and Doc Ock can bond about it .

And, yeah, the FF is justified through that reference but if it's something that the larger Superhero community knows about then there's a bit of a disconnect that they just leave him alone, but one that has to be there otherwise Otto doesn't have a book.

I mean, just in that grouping alone we have a dude who murdered a powerless scientist in cold blood and got away with it. Maybe he and Doc Ock can bond about it .

And, yeah, the FF is justified through that reference but if it's something that the larger Superhero community knows about then there's a bit of a disconnect that they just leave him alone, but one that has to be there otherwise Otto doesn't have a book.
    Are we going to talk about this premise every time a new preview/issue comes out? I'm not in favor of (current) SpOck, but I say let's just let people enjoy what they want without questioning every little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Are we going to talk about this premise every time a new preview/issue comes out? I'm not in favor of (current) SpOck, but I say let's just let people enjoy what they want without questioning every little thing.
    I mean, I'm not trying to be down on anyone enjoying the book. Just kind of expressing my thoughts on how other heroes are reacting to SpOck.

I apologize if I come off that way.

I mean, I'm not trying to be down on anyone enjoying the book. Just kind of expressing my thoughts on how other heroes are reacting to SpOck.

It's fine. It's just that it's every time, you know? That makes these boards so depressing at times.

In any case, these books look fun. I'm glad for the people reading these!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    It's fine. It's just that it's every time, you know? That makes these boards so depressing at times.

In any case, these books look fun. I'm glad for the people reading these!
    there is a bit of groundhog day on these boards
    troo fan or death

I think we just need to say that's the weight that Peter Parker brings to bear. When Spider-Man says 'leave the guy pretending to be Spider-Man who's actually Doc Ock alone', folks do it.

That said, I am looking forward to a Gage penned Spider-Man/SpOck team up. Spider-Verse isn't really the same thing, after all, and I don't think they've actually had a proper 1 on 1 team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I think we just need to say that's the weight that Peter Parker brings to bear. When Spider-Man says 'leave the guy pretending to be Spider-Man who's actually Doc Ock alone', folks do it.
    Well, when written properly Spider-Man's the guy you listen to, even though it's always been inconsistent how serious people take him. I'm not sure I can see him telling people that it's Doc Ock and then telling them to leave him alone and expect them to do it.

A part of me thinks Peter's just trying not to acknowledge "Doc Ock as Spider-Man in San Francisco."
    That said, I am looking forward to a Gage penned Spider-Man/SpOck team up. Spider-Verse isn't really the same thing, after all, and I don't think they've actually had a proper 1 on 1 team up.
    I kinda hope we don't get a team-up between Peter and SpOck. I just think there's too much baggage for me to be able to by a team-up between them that doesn't end in Peter socking Ock in the face. That was, like, one of the only things I liked about the original Spider-Verse .

Astonishing Member

The book I look forward to getting every month is SSM. Thanks for the preview Digifiend.

Otto should form his own FF. He already has Quentin as his hot-blooded young member. Find Armadillo, and there's your tragic orange monster. Fellow former supervillain Black Widow will be the strong-willed spy of the team. You would read this mini-series.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well, when written properly Spider-Man's the guy you listen to, even though it's always been inconsistent how serious people take him. I'm not sure I can see him telling people that it's Doc Ock and then telling them to leave him alone and expect them to do it.

A part of me thinks Peter's just trying not to acknowledge "Doc Ock as Spider-Man in San Francisco."

I kinda hope we don't get a team-up between Peter and SpOck. I just think there's too much baggage for me to be able to by a team-up between them that doesn't end in Peter socking Ock in the face. That was, like, one of the only things I liked about the original Spider-Verse .
    I mean, of /course/ they'd come to blows at some point. It's a superhero team up!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Otto should form his own FF. He already has Quentin as his hot-blooded young member. Find Armadillo, and there's your tragic orange monster. Fellow former supervillain Black Widow will be the strong-willed spy of the team. You would read this mini-series.
    Otto Octavius would never settle for four. He needs five other people to boss around .

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman